NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always been a proponent of having players wear their own jerseys instead of specially made All-Star jerseys. In some strange way, I've thought the All-Star Game was supposed to be a snapshot of that season or era. For example, what better says 1997 then this? Mutumbo in the spread hawk jerseys, Hill in the horseheads, Terrell Brandon in the paint stripe outfits, Jordan with the red 23, and Penny in the pinstripes are part of what I think of when I think of the NBA in the mid-late 90's, not a talented chili pepper.

Also, what's with the green on the East's jersey? There's no green anywhere in the All-Star logo package.

ovoraptorsfront.jpg

Add some white, red or purple and this old logo got style! !!

Oooooh that's class. I'm not a fan of the team but I'd buy that sweatshirt. Black and gold could really work for them.

I do wish they would do something about the wordmark at the top of the logo. Find a way to fit that thing inside the circle or move it underneath the logo. I've always been annoyed by the word Toronto in those triangles. Fix it.

KikiM6G.gif

I've always been a proponent of having players wear their own jerseys instead of specially made All-Star jerseys. In some strange way, I've thought the All-Star Game was supposed to be a snapshot of that season or era. For example, what better says 1997 then this? Mutumbo in the spread hawk jerseys, Hill in the horseheads, Terrell Brandon in the paint stripe outfits, Jordan with the red 23, and Penny in the pinstripes are part of what I think of when I think of the NBA in the mid-late 90's, not a talented chili pepper.

Also, what's with the green on the East's jersey? There's no green anywhere in the All-Star logo package.

also, i totally agree with you here.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/01/17/exclusive-look-at-new-jerseys-for-the-nets-and-hornets/

Paul Lukas has a source, and that source says the Hornets are going with a mad simple look.

NWhkRLa.jpg

Supposedly "drawn up from memory" so that would explain why it's so barebones. I imagine it will have more detail... if it doesn't then... well damn. I guess you gotta give Charlotte credit for trying to move forward and not stay totally in the past. New logo, new uniforms, makes sense.

Also that Nets jersey looks great, but it's probably going to have sleeves so you can forget that.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived