NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly^^^^^ its actually paying homage. Which I don't mind!

I wouldn't count on it paying homage. Seeing as Adidas hasn't yet shown it can deviate from its awful template, I will be shocked if the jerseys have stripes running down the shoulders. I'm guessing they will only be "throwback" in that they are sleeved jerseys reading Celtics on the chest. I'd put money on there being no stripes. Maybe cuffs, though.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Boston Globe's lead NBA guy Gary Washburn just tweeted "The #celtics will don throwback jerseys from 1946-47 season for their Mar. 14 home game vs. #Suns. Here's a hint:" followed by this pic...

BhlUJpfCEAAzCSe.jpg

https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/439474963540504577

So they found a way for the Celtics to wear sleeved jersies without pissing AS MANY people off.

See, this is RIGHT way to do sleeved jerseys. I am excited to see how they look out on the court.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I am not totally against sleeved jerseys in the NBA. After watching the All-Star Game I realized that in order for it to look good/normal/decent both teams need to be wearing sleeved jerseys.

Why not make one colored sleeved jersey per team and have the teams wear them against teams they won't clash with colorwise? Forget the Christmas, holiday and Los/El jerseys.

I could get behind a system like that.

But, then again this is the NBA and Adidas we're talking about. More jerseys, more $$$

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Boston Globe's lead NBA guy Gary Washburn just tweeted "The #celtics will don throwback jerseys from 1946-47 season for their Mar. 14 home game vs. #Suns. Here's a hint:" followed by this pic...

BhlUJpfCEAAzCSe.jpg

So they found a way for the Celtics to wear sleeved jersies without pissing AS MANY people off.

See, this is RIGHT way to do sleeved jerseys. I am excited to see how they look out on the court.

Yeah they at least utilize the sleeves for design purposes as opposed to just adding extra material for the sake of it. Some trim or something, would be nice. They might as well let players choose their preferred undershirt.

I think they look better when they fit really tight. The rockets wore them all really tight. The spurs mostly looked like they were wearing a size up and looked worse imo.

BhlUJpfCEAAzCSe.jpg

Hey look, a proper use for sleeved jerseys!

bSLCtu2.png

Red vs. orange and other color clashing matchups are okay, sleeved jerseys are more then okay........but don´t you wear a black mask !

Reason must be that it matches the uniform color and player skin tone, the NBA hates that !

Didnt know boston wore sleeves

Here in color

mn-cel47h15.gif

I like those. Sleeves are easier on the eyes when the actual design incorporates them.

Not really.... they're still an eyesore.

Sleeves look cool until you see someone actually wearing it. With shorts. Then it looks stupid. Especially in basketball.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Didnt know boston wore sleeves

Here in color

mn-cel47h15.gif

I like those. Sleeves are easier on the eyes when the actual design incorporates them.

Not really.... they're still an eyesore.

Sleeves look cool until you see someone actually wearing it. With shorts. Then it looks stupid. Especially in basketball.

I don't think they look horrible. I just some of the stupid designs Adidas has rolled out that are stupid ... namely the ASG, Christmas, Latino and a last year's Warriors gold jersey. They can be done right, but they've GOT to be better designed.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived