NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see the Clips go back to powder blue full-time, with burnt orange and white. Basically the same colours they wore from '78-83.

I was rooting for that with their last update, but I think that ship has sailed - no pun intended. Maybe they can still do it, but it certainly would have been timed better with the rise of Lob City. I do think there are way too many r/w/b teams, and a team using it ought to have a good reason (like the 76ers, unlike the Hawks.)

I was just thinking about these teams that have a couple of discordant historical identities. Rather than integrating them into a mishmash, does it work to just have a "clash" alternate? I wouldn't mind seeing the Cavs in yellow homes, red, aways, and orange alternates. Same thing with the light blue Clipper alternates. Maybe even purple would be a better alternate for Milwaukee than red. On the other hand, maybe actual throwback nights serve the same purpose well enough.

I agree with you that they should use the slab-serif type from the logo instead of Futura Black on the baselines, but using plain old arched varsity serif for wordmarks isn't really an inconsistency.

I feel like some of the United Center floor attributes were different just to be different (add the basketball Bull at center court to that list) from Chicago Stadium. Overall, I prefer the earlier look, but I suppose the second threepeat cemented it as untouchable.

Honestly, I expected the baseline font to change eventually. But that Futura Black sure was easy to match back in the day. Anybody need a wallpaper for their Compaq? :)

The Blazers' memorial patch for Dr. Jack Ramsay is awesome:

U4jm6Ax.png

I wonder if the Clippers and Pacers will make patches since he coached for both those franchises as well.

Wonder if the Clippers will wear patches when Sterling dies ?!

I'd love to see the Clips go back to powder blue full-time, with burnt orange and white. Basically the same colours they wore from '78-83.

The right thing is for the NBA to sell the Clippers to Hansen/Balmer and let them move them to Seattle as the Sonics. The NBA owes the city of Seattle for stealing the Sonics and moving them to OKC. The NBA owes Hansen/Balmer for stealing the Kings from them last year. And the Clippers name is tarnished beyond repair and should not exist anymore. It's a win/win/win.

Uhh, how about not. The NBA doesn't owe anybody anything(team related), owners screw teams up. What about the Clippers fans feelings if they moved. They can't just switch to the Lakers like they change clothes. Well, some can, but that's another thing.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The right thing is for the NBA to sell the Clippers to Hansen/Balmer and let them move them to Seattle as the Sonics. The NBA owes the city of Seattle for stealing the Sonics and moving them to OKC. The NBA owes Hansen/Balmer for stealing the Kings from them last year. And the Clippers name is tarnished beyond repair and should not exist anymore. It's a win/win/win.

A little harsh, huh? Don't get me wrong, I believe the Sonics should return, but not through moving a team that's been trashed by a racist owner. The name deserves the chance to recover, and simply moving them to Seattle is not the solution. I haven't seen a proposal that harsh since the Pirates nearly moved to Denver after their name was "tarnished beyond repair" by the drug trials. Seattle should get another NBA team, but it really shouldn't be the Clippers (besides, LA bandwagoners and a wonderful arena looks more attractive financially than waiting on Seattle to build a new arena).

Seattle isn't owed anything at all and certainly isn't owed a franchise that is already financially solvent and well-supported in its current city. The NBA didn't steal the Sonics - your blame should be directed at Howard Schultz and Clay Bennett for that. And the NBA should be applauded for not moving the Kings when a local ownership group stepped up with a good enough offer.

Additionally, for the millionth time, the Clippers moving out of LA isn't happening for a variety of obvious reasons.

It's amazing how quickly Sonics fans have gone from sympathetic figures to hypocritical vultures with an entitlement complex.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I used to be all about sympathy but the NBA doesn't deserve any. LA didn't care at all about the Clippers until this past weekend and they won't care about them when all the dust settles. Meanwhile there was a fervent fan base and 40+ years of history ripped out of Seattle by David Stern (yes he could have stopped it from happening if he wanted to just like in Sacramento).

Moving the Clippers is the right thing to do and could finally put to rest a series of very horrible decisions orchestrated by the NBA (remember the exposed emails of the Bennett people and the NBA brass planning the move from day 1?).

LA didn't care at all about the Clippers until this past weekend and they won't care about them when all the dust settles.

Wrong. Every single home game has been sold out for the past three years. LA can more than adequately support two teams as long as the products are actually being put out in good faith.

As for that "rabid" Seattle fanbase, they wouldn't pay for a new arena to keep the team, and they only sold 100% of their seats for a whopping four seasons between 1985-2008 (only one more season than us). Revisionist history won't help your case.

You know who doesn't deserve sympathy? Seattle. You threw a huge pity party when the Sonics moved, everyone felt bad, and now you feel entitled to "stealing" any team that's in a slightly precarious position for any length of time (without even realizing the hypocrisy of this). Seattle only exists to the NBA as an empty threat for owners to use to get more taxpayer money nowadays, and I couldn't be happier about that.

Now how 'bout those uniforms?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Moving the Clippers is the right thing to do

NOBODY CARES

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Moving the Clippers is the right thing to do and could finally put to rest a series of very horrible decisions orchestrated by the NBA (remember the exposed emails of the Bennett people and the NBA brass planning the move from day 1?).

1b110-nothowthisworks.jpg

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I used to be all about sympathy but the NBA doesn't deserve any. LA didn't care at all about the Clippers until this past weekend and they won't care about them when all the dust settles. Meanwhile there was a fervent fan base and 40+ years of history ripped out of Seattle by David Stern (yes he could have stopped it from happening if he wanted to just like in Sacramento).

Hansen's a petulant child who tried to sink the Sacramento arena plan when he didn't get his way. It's because of his childishness that I hope Seattle doesn't get NBA basketball back as long as he's involved in efforts to bring it back.

Man, you guys are making me want Seattle to steal the Clippers even more now. Clippers supported, ha, that is funny.

I'm sure the NBA won't let it happen since they have a vendetta against the City and State but I'm just saying it would solve a lot of past indiscretions. But as a past NBA fan spurred twice (San Diego Clippers and Seattle Sonics ironically), the next best thing in my mind would be for the fool Sterling to take down a couple more owners along with him and bring the NBA to its knees (you gotta know he's not the only one saying stupid things behind closed doors).

But I'm not bitter...

Archived