NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

So you think the number will have a streak attached to it? If that's the case, I hope they reconsider. I wouldn't be totally opposed to having the number within the basketball of the sunburst, but honestly, they'd be better off doing it the way they had it before.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a modern NBA uniform, which means it's both going to be over-designed and under-designed, complicated yet bland.

A post-modern NBA uniform?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I don't have a picture, but the front of the white Summer League jerseys have the PHX bird on it. I wonder if that's the look the sleeved orange jerseys will use during the regular season.

Edit: Okay, grabbed a screenshot. Here's a look at the front of the jersey.

O3zA6Pg.jpg

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

I don't have a picture, but the front of the white Summer League jerseys have the PHX bird on it. I wonder if that's the look the sleeved orange jerseys will use during the regular season.

Edit: Okay, grabbed a screenshot. Here's a look at the front of the jersey.

O3zA6Pg.jpg

reminds me of an old man hanging out in a sweaty v neck t shirt on a hot summer day...

Ian, you absolutely NAILED it w/ the last row of primaries; the first one in that row is my favorite of the lot, a better treatment of the existing main logo. Also in that last row of primaries, I like how "SUNS" is maintained as an ambigram, and even more so, how it's worked into the purple bases (as negative space).

Most of the sun balls and the "PHX/bird" mark would make for solid secondary choices; I'm especially feeling the tone-on-tone orange within the ball, recalling the state flag.

A suggestion on the uniforms: the number on the front may be small enough to fit in the upper left corner of the jersey, above the tail of the sunburst ball. You might want to experiment w/ that. The "SUNS"/"PHOENIX" wordmarks (on home and road, respectively), centered and less than jersey-width, would run below the sunburst ball.

Overall, Ian...brilliant stuff thus far. Well done! :)

[447]

Another sneak peek at the Suns uniforms. I think this is on the shorts, but who knows.....

1001344_10151711143113996_103397493_n.jpg

What's interesting to me is the black. The orange, grey and purple are obviously a patch, but the black looks like part of the primary uniform fabric. I'm guessing it'll just be a large part of the shorts, similar to the '92/'93 uniforms. But if not, are there really going to be black uniforms? Hhm......

Also, I should point out that, once again, this is extremely similar to Conrad's design. Nicely done indeed.

Another sneak peek at the Suns uniforms. I think this is on the shorts, but who knows.....

What's interesting to me is the black. The orange, grey and purple are obviously a patch, but the black looks like part of the primary uniform fabric. I'm guessing it'll just be a large part of the shorts, similar to the '92/'93 uniforms. But if not, are there really going to be black uniforms? Hhm......

Also, I should point out that, once again, this is extremely similar to Conrad's design. Nicely done indeed.

Nope, the black's sewn - you can just make out the stitching.

Nope, the black's sewn - you can just make out the stitching.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I just noticed that underneath the orange sun, you can see some purple. This could mean it's for the purple uniform of that there will be purple trim under the patch.

good info. and yea, looks similar to the shorts graphic on my "fixed" Suns concept.

i will say that the above is a color overload (like the rest of the Suns brand)!

I agree, should have been just purple and orange (like the '68/'91 uniform shorts).

Archived