NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

Another sneak peek at the Suns uniforms. I think this is on the shorts, but who knows.....

1001344_10151711143113996_103397493_n.jpg

What's interesting to me is the black. The orange, grey and purple are obviously a patch, but the black looks like part of the primary uniform fabric. I'm guessing it'll just be a large part of the shorts, similar to the '92/'93 uniforms. But if not, are there really going to be black uniforms? Hhm......

Also, I should point out that, once again, this is extremely similar to Conrad's design. Nicely done indeed.

Yeah, the bottom looks like the bottom hem of the shorts. And between the top two points appears to be purple, and to me that looks like the actual uniform part.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another sneak peek at the Suns uniforms. I think this is on the shorts, but who knows.....

What's interesting to me is the black. The orange, grey and purple are obviously a patch, but the black looks like part of the primary uniform fabric. I'm guessing it'll just be a large part of the shorts, similar to the '92/'93 uniforms. But if not, are there really going to be black uniforms? Hhm......

Also, I should point out that, once again, this is extremely similar to Conrad's design. Nicely done indeed.

If these are the shorts, I wonder if it's a homage to the old Sun on their early uniforms.

GarHeard_display_image.jpg?1291962734

If these are the shorts, I wonder if it's a homage to the old Sun on their early uniforms.

GarHeard_display_image.jpg?1291962734

Bingo! Of course, if they really wanted to pay tribute to the classic uniforms, they should have just copied the patch on the shorts instead of attempting to "improve" on it. The classic looks is simple while the modern twist is too busy.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

I actually like the patched shorts alot. Could be a lot worse. Let's see what else the Suns roll in

I like the idea, but as with the entire uniform, will withhold my final judgement until I've seen the finished product. Hopefully it all comes together nicely and looks cohesive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but am not holding my breath.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Ugh, don't like that shorts logo. It looks like the Sacramento Kings with orange, which makes sense as the design firm designing these Suns uni's designed the Kings black alt. I'm in the minority but I don't like the sunburst shorts logo from the 80's uni's, feel it's the weakest part of the uni overall. I'm scared there will be a three toned colored shorts stripe like the Kings have with purple/black/grey.

I REALLY wish they would have dropped the gray. Gray was horribly out of place in their last set, and even moreso in this set with the re-addition of black. Yeah, they had a few good years from Steve Nash in that era, but the gray was not worth memorializing. It's even worse with the purple and orange both being darkened. These will be too dark AND have way too much going on. I'm afraid these will be a Wizards redo, only much drearier.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I actually like the patched shorts alot. Could be a lot worse. Let's see what else the Suns roll in

I have a feeling that these unis will be pretty nice.

I don't know. I'm starting to think it will just be one big clusterf#ck. We've already seen it with the logos, which don't flow together well at all.

Nope, the black's sewn - you can just make out the stitching.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I just noticed that underneath the orange sun, you can see some purple. This could mean it's for the purple uniform of that there will be purple trim under the patch.

Why is it purple between the top two rays but black between the more lateral/paracentral rays? I wonder if that is converging with a black/purple/black stripe pattern on the side of the shorts. Which would be awful.

what if they did something like THIS....

PhoenixSuns_Concept1_zpsc19bf562.png?t=1373944675

Suns_Concept_Explore_zps5d8f06cc.png?t=1373968301

PhoenixSuns_ConceptUnis_zps8d55fdbb.png?t=1373948092

/end self-plug

Slanted numbers on that summer uni definitely means streaking suns/slanted numbers like the old unis. I never did like the slanted numbers.

Ditch that awful greenish gray, add just a little bit of black, and you would have the best new uniform in the NBA PERIOD. Good job!

Is the Knicks orange jersey confirmed? Isn't there a rule where they should have to wait a season until introducing a third uniform?

I thought the NBA had done away with that rule because the Jazz got themselves a new alternate only a year after changing uniforms.

what if they did something like THIS....

PhoenixSuns_Concept1_zpsc19bf562.png?t=1373944675

Suns_Concept_Explore_zps5d8f06cc.png?t=1373968301

PhoenixSuns_ConceptUnis_zps8d55fdbb.png?t=1373948092

/end self-plug

Slanted numbers on that summer uni definitely means streaking suns/slanted numbers like the old unis. I never did like the slanted numbers.

Ditch that awful greenish gray, add just a little bit of black, and you would have the best new uniform in the NBA PERIOD. Good job!

what greenish gray? Am I missing something?

spacer.png

I think maybe he's saying the grey the team has been using in the past few years. Granted my concept does not have any grey or black. I do think they would fare better without the extra colors; just orange and purple, white work great together. The black and grey became overkill. The new uber pointy-beveled wordmark they are using doesn't exactly say Suns to me either.

What was the Suns' reason for changing? They had a decent set, besides the gray.

You're definitely in the minority. Most people think their current set is awful, with or without grey.

Archived