NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

I'm thinking the shorts photo with the purple and black in the back are compared to the orange and white shorts. the orange stripe is the purple in that other photo while the white is the black. Just throwing that out there.

What's funny is, I was thinking the exact same thing. I tried to recreate what we know but alas, too chicken to post here.

Too bad someone like Conrad couldn't whip up a quick concept with what we've seen so far.........

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking the shorts photo with the purple and black in the back are compared to the orange and white shorts. the orange stripe is the purple in that other photo while the white is the black. Just throwing that out there.

What's funny is, I was thinking the exact same thing. I tried to recreate what we know but alas, too chicken to post here.

Too bad someone like Conrad couldn't whip up a quick concept with what we've seen so far.........

Yeah!

Hint, hint. Nudge, nudge. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i'm too confused with these leaks...especially the top's side-stripe one. also can't figure what the whole design of the shorts-burst will look like.

i played around with making the burst have the 9 streaks that show up on the Len image, but it looked really odd and out of place and i had to really mess around with it to get it close to the small section we see in the leak.

New_zps35e32859.jpg

So, this is what we know so far. LOL

In other words, we don't know jack.

Could it be possible that they may use two completely different designs? On one, you have a single thin orange stripe without a trim. On the other, you have the classic sun pattern found on the old shorts. No way the 2 can be merged into something plausible.

New_zps35e32859.jpg

Could it be possible that they may use two completely different designs? On one, you have a single thin orange stripe without a trim. On the other, you have the classic sun pattern found on the old shorts. No way the 2 can be merged into something plausible.

To be honest, nothing would surprise me with the Suns. While I do think it's best to have some uniformity in all the jerseys, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to having slight variations. That being said, with the slanted wordmark on all the jerseys, I just can't imagine one would have the sunburst and another wouldn't.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Suns just released this image.

KWFA47I.jpg

Don't like how the stripes get wider periodically. What if the sunburst starts within the last letter, S on the home jerseys and X on the aways, and those lines represent the sunburst.

I wouldn't say the stripes get wider "periodically". There is a pattern. The darker stripes go from thick to thin as you look at it top to bottom.

Interesting that you look at it like that. I would have said the lighter stripes go from thin to thick if you look at it from top to bottom.

I'm not sure if it's good or bad that you and I would describe that picture in different ways, or if it is just because we only have these small samples to go by on what the uniform may be.

The stripe pattern, to me, suggests a "sunrise" in the manner of how it moves through the letter. I doubt we really notice that effect on the court, however, as I think this detail is best noticed up close.

Agreed. This may be just a design element that easily seperates the authentic jerseys from the replica jerseys, similar to the Blue Jays embroidered chest logo.

New_zps35e32859.jpg

I'm not sure if #3 is the side of the shorts or the side of a jersey.

KWFA47I.jpg

I believe this is how it might be on all jerseys. only from regarding this photo on the NBA store

p16244987enh-z6.jpg

EDIT: also i found these photos from a video posted last year about the creation of the Brooklyn Nets jersey

cbefe87d_x9yB1R4.png

509c6b1a_kD95qGF.png

Notice some interesting jerseys?

KWFA47I.jpg

I believe this is how it might be on all jerseys. only from regarding this photo on the NBA store

p16244987enh-z6.jpg

EDIT: also i found these photos from a video posted last year about the creation of the Brooklyn Nets jersey

cbefe87d_x9yB1R4.png

509c6b1a_kD95qGF.png

Notice some interesting jerseys?

Nice find. The sunrise through the Suns' wordmark is not really doing anything for me. Kind of cool, subtle thing.

Clippers light blue looks nice from here. I see a black Lakers jersey. The rest is unclear.

That Black Lakers jersey is something that has existed for years in various color schemes, yet never ever made it to the court which surprises me. You'd think they would have done it somewhere in the past couple of years. I know we all get upset at BFBS, but the Lakers could honestly do it if they made WFWS work.

Or they can just... use this amazing jersey...

kobetrophies.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

No, totally different, those were the Nike rewind jerseys from 2003, 10 years ago

http://www.hoopsvibe...a-rewind-jersey

This new photo is from an Adidas facility, and has the current side panels/design template as their regular unis in black instead. Probably just an experiment. Like the Clips' baby blue alt there.

Man, I hope that powder blue Clippers jersey sees the court this season.

Clippers baby blue jersey was worn during the 2011-12 season. Lakers are not getting a black jersey. Spring 2014 Adidas basketball catalog should be coming out soon online. Anyone who has access please share.

Clippers baby blue jersey was worn during the 2011-12 season.

The Clippers have never worn the baby blue jersey in the picture.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Clippers baby blue jersey was worn during the 2011-12 season.

The Clippers have never worn the baby blue jersey in the picture.

I think BrooklynCarter is thinking of this (as AAO mentioned):

chris-paul-wears-los-angeles-stars-cp3.v-01-570x379.jpg

...which is NOT the same uniform.

Archived