NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see the Warriors going with sleeves on all 3 jerseys, especially since the players allegedly hated them so much that they were retired after a few games...

Can't see the Warriors going with sleeves on all 3 jerseys, especially since the players allegedly hated them so much that they were retired after a few games...

They weren't retired after a few games. They were scheduled to wear them for only three games and that's what they did.

Go A's!

The NBA over does it with jerseys.

Celtics have one of the best looks in all of sports, they don't need a 3rd and 4th jersey. The Knicks don't need a 3rd. Although the Lakers white is nice, they don't need it. The Hispanic jerseys are condescending and don't make sense. The Christmas jerseys were awful. and SO much more!

If David Stern ran other leagues, the Yankees would have a 3rd jersey, the Habs would have a "Le" on their jersey, and the Raiders would have an all black jersey set.

If we could somehow convince the Pacers to match their jersey side-panel striping to their shorts side-panel striping then their jerseys would look fine for another...10 years or so.

If you don't know what I'm talking about.....

Click here and take a good look at those stripes.

Navy surrounded by white then gray then gold on top.

Navy surrounded by gray then white then gold on bottom.

Everyone call your congressman and complain. It's been going on for years.

In doing some quick research, I concluded that the error lies in the jersey and not the shorts. At some point, presumably when Adidas went to the high-tech jerseys, the Pacers erroneously flip-flopped the accent stripes on the white and navy jerseys while leaving the shorts stripes alone. To date, the team has not bothered to correct the mistake.

Adidas catalog shows TBD for the following jerseys-

* Bobcats- 3rd

* Suns- Home, Away and 3rd

* Knicks- 3rd

* Warriors- home, away and 3rd

Wonder if Warriors will go with sleeves on all 3 jerseys?

Carolina blue Cats jerseys?

I wish the Spurs would have used the 1976 Sliver home Uniform tweeked....why do other teams have 4 or six alts? are certain teams only allowed this?

Favoritism possibly? When LeBron was on Cavs, they had a throwback/alt every year. Same for Heat now. Must be for merchandising or something

Go A's!

I wish the Spurs would have used the 1976 Sliver home Uniform tweeked....why do other teams have 4 or six alts? are certain teams only allowed this?

Favoritism possibly? When LeBron was on Cavs, they had a throwback/alt every year. Same for Heat now. Must be for merchandising or something

I wonder how many different jerseys Lebron has worn in his NBA career. With only 2 teams I bet he was worn almost 15 jerseys.

I wonder how many different jerseys Lebron has worn in his NBA career. With only 2 teams I bet he was worn almost 15 jerseys.

I think it may be closer to 20

Go A's!

Off the top of my head

Heat: home, away, alt, back in black, white hot, Floridans, throwback

Cavs: home, away, alt, 3 throwbacks and more I can't think of

Don't forget all the one-off CavFanatic jerseys and the red-on-red "Big Color" Heat Christmas Day jerseys this year. And are we counting the "El Heat" jerseys as separate ones?

I suppose we have to accept that we live in a global village. Therefore, the basketball teams do not compete only against each other for merchandise sales but across different sports and probably even fashion clothing. Since European football teams make profit by introducing 2-3 new shirts every season, NBA tries to follow in a similar fashion. I prefer one-time alternates/throwbacks for a couple of regular season games than a full-redesign every 2-3 years. NBA franchises are privately operated business enterprises with tremendous costs (salaries, travels, arena maintainance etc.) so a marketing/sales team would be doing a bad job if they gave up on bringing new products. I got used to it and now using the same uniforms for 41 games seems boring to me. However, I like when the choice of two teams goes along similar line, e.g. silver Spurs alts vs. black Suns throwbacks was a bad choice IMHO. Luckily, for the second game, SAS used their regular classic whites. That said, the Heat should definetely limit number of unis. Unfortunately, anything with #6 would sell.

Raptors owners MLSE have a new CEO. Here's hoping for a change.

Lol I was thinking the same once I found out about the news. But we can only hope. It sure would be nice.

4kv29i.jpg

Adidas catalog shows TBD for the following jerseys-

* Bobcats- 3rd

* Suns- Home, Away and 3rd

* Knicks- 3rd

* Warriors- home, away and 3rd

Wonder if Warriors will go with sleeves on all 3 jerseys?

Carolina blue Cats jerseys?

That would be my guess. Orange is pretty much tertiary now, so it would surprise me if they went that route (again).

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Charlotte Hornets throwback? Didn't they all say Charlotte anyway? And the colors are close enough (ducks from Colorwerx).

Then they'll go full time the next year.

*wipes saliva*

Highly unlikely, but dear God, that would be incredible.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Archived