NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

Also, looking at the Clippers jersey from the video - is it just me, or do the numbers look reddish-orange instead of plain red? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were in the San Diego-era colors - after all, they just had an article up on the Clippers' website about the team's uniform history, and they made sure to mention how "wildly popular" that color scheme is among the fanbase.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I hope that powder blue Clippers jersey sees the court this season.

Clippers baby blue jersey was worn during the 2011-12 season.

The Clippers have never worn the baby blue jersey in the picture.

I think BrooklynCarter is thinking of this (as AAO mentioned):

...which is NOT the same uniform.

I stand corrected. Always a big fan of baby blue or powder blue jerseys.

Here's a look at the Suns white Summer League sleeved uniform.

BPPxnlSCEAAkhw-.jpg

On the bright side I'm assuming this is the number font type they're going to use on the actual jerseys. I mean why get a personalized random number font just for summer league?

I will say, I do really like how the backs of these jerseys look, for both the black and white. I actually like the black numbers versus the orange lettering.

I'm not as shocked by this color scheme as I thought I'd be (based on the Summer Suns jerseys).

However, I'm still hoping there is some purple at least on the shorts (for the side sunburst) as we've seen in the previews.

Found this on a different site. Looks legit based on what we've seen in teasers, but who knows.

And notice, the away word track has a PURPLE background. Good news? Again, this could be fake, but I figured it was worth the conversation.

WordTrack_zpsf790cf4b.jpg

Here's a look at the Suns white Summer League sleeved uniform.

BPPxnlSCEAAkhw-.jpg

On the bright side I'm assuming this is the number font type they're going to use on the actual jerseys. I mean why get a personalized random number font just for summer league?

It looks like electical tape.

yep, he's right. here are the official wordmarks:

suns_13-14_wordmarks_zps6aaf7fd2.png

looks like my concept might not be too far off, based on the angled nature of those wordmarks.

About a month old to be exact.

Cool beans. Thanks for the clarification!

1069195_10151729119617528_1873451959_n.jpg

They're doing everything in their power to avoid revealing any of the sunburst.

Also, I'm not crazy about the v-neck and I'm very concerned about any purple elsewhere on the uniform. Hopefully everything looks better as a whole.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Also, I'm not crazy about the v-neck and I'm very concerned about any purple elsewhere on the uniform. Hopefully everything looks better as a whole.

You're right. They're definitely avoiding the sunburst reveal. This looks fine, I guess, but it's nothing we couldn't have already put together from previous photos. I wish they would just show us already. Maybe after the Suns get back from Summer League today?

The two things that stick out to me with the new photo are these: 1) gone are the super wide shoulders, and 2) there doesn't appear to be a sleeve cuff.

I like the v neck, however, and I'm still of the mind that a truncated sunburst sits below the crest.

You're right. They're definitely avoiding the sunburst reveal. This looks fine, I guess, but it's nothing we couldn't have already put together from previous photos. I wish they would just show us already. Maybe after the Suns get back from Summer League today?

Earlier reports suggested the unveiling would take place right before training camp started. I'm now guessing they will reveal the new uniforms early next month (maybe even the 1st). I have no source and am probably completely wrong, but they're doing these teaser images way more often now and continue to tell the fans the jerseys will be revealed "very soon".

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Earlier reports suggested the unveiling would take place right before training camp started. I'm now guessing they will reveal the new uniforms early next month (maybe even the 1st). I have no source and am probably completely wrong, but they're doing these teaser images way more often now and continue to tell the fans the jerseys will be revealed "very soon".

You're right and it's seemed that way. When Coro said September that seemed WAY TOO long.

While I'm happy to see them return to using orange lettering on the home uniform (last seen in '68-'91), I'm disappointed the orange letters won't be used on the purple away uniforms. I always loved the overall look of the vintage purple away jersey and thought the orange lettering really made it stand out.

I'm convinced this team is hellbent on rarely if ever using the color combination of purple and orange together. That's truly a shame since the colors really do work well side-by-side. I don't know whose idea that was, but they obviously weren't a die-hard Suns fan. This was the team's chance to really make amends for their recent disrespect to the past and they totally failed. The Halloween black-and-orange home court is hideous and there's a good chance the home uniforms will closely resemble that. I sure do hope I'm wrong.

While I'm happy to see them return to using orange lettering on the home uniform (last seen in '68-'91), I'm disappointed the orange letters won't be used on the purple away uniforms. I always loved the overall look of the vintage purple away jersey and thought the orange lettering really made it stand out.

I'm convinced this team is hellbent on rarely if ever using the color combination of purple and orange together. That's truly a shame since the colors really do work well side-by-side. I don't know whose idea that was, but they obviously weren't a die-hard Suns fan. This was the team's chance to really make amends for their recent disrespect to the past and they totally failed. The Halloween black-and-orange home court is hideous and there's a good chance the home uniforms will closely resemble that. I sure do hope I'm wrong.

Agree, agree, and AGREE.

First and foremost, where's the purple going to be on the home jersey? On the shorts only? Maybe in the sun streak?

Second, if they stick with purple road jerseys, AWESOME. But it's a total fail if they keep the white lettering. Look at the old photos. Purple and orange goes PERFECT together.

Third, I'm still concerned that we haven't seen a better teaser on the road jersey. Are they toying with us?

Look how gorgeous this jersey is. PURPLE and ORANGE.

500x1000px-LL-f52a235f_charles-barkley_zpsfd867322.jpeg

Archived