NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pelicans' uniforms will be revealed Aug 1, according to Jrue Holiday

http://nba.si.com/20...?sct=nba_t11_a0

Interesting. Well if that's the case, maybe the Suns could unveil their jerseys on Monday. If not, maybe they will wait until closer to September or October (though the hype is fresh right now, if they wait much longer, the fans could lose interest).

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Interesting. Well if that's the case, maybe the Suns could unveil their jerseys on Monday. If not, maybe they will wait until closer to September or October (though the hype is fresh right now, if they wait much longer, the fans could lose interest).

Yeah, I can't see them waiting until Sep/October. No way.

I think most fans are getting tired of it, to be honest.

Gauging from comments on Facebook, anytime the Suns post another teaser pic it typically results in tons of negative "enough already" comments.

I'm hoping they get the hint.

Yeah, I can't see them waiting until Sep/October. No way.

I think most fans are getting tired of it, to be honest.

Gauging from comments on Facebook, anytime the Suns post another teaser pic it typically results in tons of negative "enough already" comments.

I'm hoping they get the hint.

With all this hype they are trying to generate, these unis better be great in every single way. With an already pissed off fanbase, they can't afford to screw this up too.

All I can say is after all this hype, the jerseys better deliver. If not, the Suns will have more grief on their hands from an already unhappy fanbase.

With all this hype they are trying to generate, these unis better be great in every single way. With an already pissed off fanbase, they can't afford to screw this up too.

Jinx! ;)

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Cleaned it up a bit, again, just stole the template already in this thread.

Wishful thinking, but I'd love these colors.

Jersey_zps5679b0aa.jpg

We already know the wordmark will be orange. If they could add some purple trim alongside the orange trim, a purple outline on the orange wordmark, add the purple at the end of the sunburst (as you have) and finally use purple numbers, the jerseys would just about be perfect.

Sadly, we'll most likely be getting orange and black with the slightest amount of purple (if any at all outside of the purple away jersey). Such a missed opportunity on the part of the Phoenix Suns organization.

Honestly, it's clear purple and orange are still our colors they're just, apparently, comfortable with not including purple in every design. I also think it has a lot to do with Game Ops and optics. When the Suns get back to the playoffs and they try and get the crowd to do a "color-out" which color do you think stands out more? Orange, less teams use it than purple in the league and for a team called the "Suns" I can see why they want to emphasize it.

I'm going to withhold judgement on everything until they release the jerseys. It sucks that Purple and Orange are going like 30-70, but I'll survive.

Honestly, it's clear purple and orange are still our colors they're just, apparently, comfortable with not including purple in every design. I also think it has a lot to do with Game Ops and optics. When the Suns get back to the playoffs and they try and get the crowd to do a "color-out" which color do you think stands out more? Orange, less teams use it than purple in the league and for a team called the "Suns" I can see why they want to emphasize it.

I'm going to withhold judgement on everything until they release the jerseys. It sucks that Purple and Orange are going like 30-70, but I'll survive.

Purple is still part of the overall scheme, technically, but it's now merely an accent color rather than a primary color.... that's apparent and a damn shame. True Suns fans know our heritage is purple and orange, not black and orange. The team can shove this down our throats all they want, but the true, die-hard fans will never convert. I love the addition of black, but it needs to get to the back of the line behind purple and orange, end of story.

It's the same way longtime San Diego Padres fans still wear their brown and yellow instead of the boring navy blue and white.

It's the same way longtime San Diego Padres fans still wear their brown and yellow instead of the boring navy blue and white.

Well, not exactly the same considering they completely changed colors, but I get your point about the demotion of purple in a sense. If they ever decided to get rid of purple entirely I'll be right there with all the mobs outside the USAC. They fact that they even have an entire purple road jersey in the first place says to me that they're not trying to phase it out.

My only issue with this move is this set is likely to be around for another 10 years or so like our last set. So, either they backpedal and add more purple later or they stick to this theme and have mostly orange for the foreseeable future and it's evident they're going with the latter.

Well, not exactly the same considering they completely changed colors, but I get your point about the demotion of purple in a sense. If they ever decided to get rid of purple entirely I'll be right there with all the mobs outside the USAC. They fact that they even have an entire purple road jersey in the first place says to me that they're not trying to phase it out.

My only issue with this move is this set is likely to be around for another 10 years or so like our last set. So, either they backpedal and add more purple later or they stick to this theme and have mostly orange for the foreseeable future and it's evident they're going with the latter.

Other than the purple away uniform and the little amount of purple in the PHX bird logo.... where else are they using purple? The jerseys look like they may not have any purple in them (that's yet to be confirmed, though). The home court has no purple, except the little tiny amount in the small PHX bird logos which can't really be noticed anyway. The primary streaking sun logo, the wordmark and that ugly new "S" logo don't have any purple whatsoever, when they could have easily incorporated even just a little. But they didn't. That tells me they are slowly, but surely, phasing it out. I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or two they completely drop the purple away jersey in favor of an all black away jersey (rather than just have two road uniforms).

The writing is on the wall and it's very clear to me and many other longtime fans what's going on. Truth be told, it's very sad since purple and orange are a perfect color combo and should have been embraced rather than kicked to the curb in favor of black and orange.

iwloc3.jpg

They've released that image to emphasize that the existing logos will be used in different color schemes including purple and black. I've already agreed that they've de-emphasized it so I'm not arguing that they're using it all over the place. I'm just saying I think people are being to hasty with this narrative that "The Suns Are Getting Rid of Purple!"

I'm a longtime fan and I don't think this phasing out of purple is inevitable at all. The Suns would essentially be digging their own grave if they ever dropped purple. What's clear is they're experimenting with a "New Look" for a new era, anything beyond that is speculation. I feel weird defending their choices because I'm absolutely a purple and orange guy, but this isn't a slippery slope situation here.

I think your concerns are justified, but I don't agree this is conclusive that it's a "R.I.P Purple" scenario.

Well we can agree to disagree. I can only go by what I see and what I see is a black (and orange) future. The product on the court and behind the scenes looks very bright, but as a long time Suns fan, I fear our unique history is being forgotten. Maybe I'm way off, I can only hope that I am. But until I see more proof to the contrary, I have to stick with what I've seen so far. The organization can spew their "purple will always be part of our heritage" and "purple isn't going anywhere" propaganda, but until they actually back that up, I ain't buying what they're selling.

Look, I'm not asking that purple be equal to orange in the grand scheme of things or even, necessarily, be equal to black. But come on, why's it an afterthought? They could have easily incorporated a tiny amount of purple into all the new logos, but they didn't. They could have easily added some more purple to the home court at US Airways Center. They didn't. The uniforms have yet to be officially unveiled, but from the look of the wordmarks and the teaser images so far, I'm not expecting any purple aside from the purple road jersey. I'll wait to official give my opinion on them when they're unveiled.

Okay, I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point, so I'll conclude my rant here.

Archived