NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

I think the orange number on the road unis would look better trimmed in white, as the black's going to be invisible from any kind of distance. I do not like one single thing about the homes from what I've seen so far though...

The black outline you're speaking of is actually dark purple, the same color as the jersey. It's the same effect as on the white jersey due to Adidas' crappy number system.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has happened before. We may refer to that as "mlb block", but it's hardly a proprietary font. It's one notch above the Sixers current "default local screen printer" font.

61212_Barkley.jpg

First off, that's not actually MLB block. You can tell by the notches on the bottom of the 2 and 4. It looks like what the Twins use, which is a slight variation from MLB block.

And that font is about a thousand steps above what the Sixers use now. Sure, it's generic, but it looks good, unlike the crappy heat-pressed t-shirt font the Sixers and Jazz use (the Knicks get a pass on it).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

BPPxnlSCEAAkhw-.jpg

Here's a solution that I believe would make as many people happy as possible:

Why not switch the road jersey and the alt? That way, the 2 main ones will match, and the alt will keep part of the tradition alive...

It has happened before. We may refer to that as "mlb block", but it's hardly a proprietary font. It's one notch above the Sixers current "default local screen printer" font.

61212_Barkley.jpg

First off, that's not actually MLB block. You can tell by the notches on the bottom of the 2 and 4. It looks like what the Twins use, which is a slight variation from MLB block.

And that font is about a thousand steps above what the Sixers use now. Sure, it's generic, but it looks good, unlike the crappy heat-pressed t-shirt font the Sixers and Jazz use (the Knicks get a pass on it).

The Knicks shouldn't get a pass on it.

It stands to reason if the sunburst is on the road jersey it has to be on the home jersey as well. I predict, the only purple we'll see on the home jersey will be the on the shorts.

By the way, when Paul Coro announced "black road jerseys" last month, I started a campaign on Facebook (Keep Phoenix Suns Purple).

At this point, I'm not even convinced we'll see it on the shorts. The teaser of the patch on the shorts might have been from the purple jersey, thus the purple. Ultimately, we'll just have to wait and see. The fact that they aren't using purple numbers on the home uniform leads me to believe the home uniform will be devoid of any purple. If the top has an orange wordmark, orange neckline, orange side-stripe..... a slight bit of purple on the shots is going to look out of place.

I think the basic design is going to remain the same throughout all jerseys, just the wordmark color, number color and base uniform color are going to change.

To be honest, are there any other jerseys that do this? One color scheme at home, and something different for road?

It's very popular to do this in Soccer, and the Dallas Cowboys use two unique shades blue and silver for each uniform.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

It stands to reason if the sunburst is on the road jersey it has to be on the home jersey as well. I predict, the only purple we'll see on the home jersey will be the on the shorts.

By the way, when Paul Coro announced "black road jerseys" last month, I started a campaign on Facebook (Keep Phoenix Suns Purple).

At this point, I'm not even convinced we'll see it on the shorts. The teaser of the patch on the shorts might have been from the purple jersey, thus the purple. Ultimately, we'll just have to wait and see. The fact that they aren't using purple numbers on the home uniform leads me to believe the home uniform will be devoid of any purple. If the top has an orange wordmark, orange neckline, orange side-stripe..... a slight bit of purple on the shots is going to look out of place.

I think the basic design is going to remain the same throughout all jerseys, just the wordmark color, number color and base uniform color are going to change.

To be honest, are there any other jerseys that do this? One color scheme at home, and something different for road?

It's very popular to do this in Soccer, and the Dallas Cowboys use two unique shades blue and silver for each uniform.

It's because the away kit in association football is only used in the case of clash (Villarreal had seasons without using the away kit in official games as far as I know). That's why the football fans are usually upset if the home kit colour/design is messed up but funky change kits are allowed as long as they are not too close to local rivals.

Just to refresh everyone's memory, Paul Coro, the Suns beat writer wrote this article and indicated the Suns were going with black jerseys.

Anyone thinking that wasn't the original intent is delusional.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20130620phoenix-suns-makeover-takes-shape-new-logos-uniforms.html

You've been here for about 5 minutes and you're gonna insult members' intelligence as if no one else has been reading what's been posted in this very thread, pre-dating your arrival? Nice first impression.

It's a figure of speech, wasn't insulting anyone but the Suns brass.

There have been multiple comments from people acting as if the KNOW purple was always the intended color.

I was merely refreshing everyone's memory.

That is all. So sorry to have offended you.

It's a figure of speech, wasn't insulting anyone but the Suns brass.

There have been multiple comments from people acting as if the KNOW purple was always the intended color.

I was merely refreshing everyone's memory.

That is all. So sorry to have offended you.

i don't know where you come from, but that most certainly is an insult, and it doesn't matter what the intended color use to be, the fact of the matter is that the jersey's are purple now, and will stay purple for the foreseeable future

That Coro article was written a little more than a month ago. From what we know about The NBA jersey process they can't just change the design with such little turnaround. So there is clearly a discrepancy somewhere. I think it's highly unlikely that they changed an entire jersey (when designs were set) to accommodate some fans that were upset. Everyone jumped on the "Suns are getting rid of purple narrative" and pushed it without any further information.

You make a great point about the marketing aspect of it.

I think the majority of those fighting the idea of black as one of the primary colors (like me) are of the old-school-Suns-fan-ilk.

We hear and read "less purple" and freak out.

But as you said, we won't be able to truly judge them until we see them.

Then, a new thread can be started, LOL.

You make a great point about the marketing aspect of it.

I think the majority of those fighting the idea of black as one of the primary colors (like me) are of the old-school-Suns-fan-ilk.

We hear and read "less purple" and freak out.

But as you said, we won't be able to truly judge them until we see them.

Then, a new thread can be started, LOL.

I know this is off topic, but have you posted in any other thread yet?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The Knicks shouldn't get a pass on it.

I don't mind it on the Knicks. I think the outline makes a huge difference. That crappy font + single color looks just like a screen printed softball t-shirt, but it's not nearly as bad with an outline. Plus, I can't imagine the Knicks wearing anything else. It works for them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

more Suns leaks (yawn):

tumblr_inline_mqjv252sJX1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mqilmp5pjz1qz4rgp.jpg

This may have already been discussed...but, as I was just looking at the images, based on the dot pattern on the jersey material, we know that the numbers are off center to the right of the jersey.

Not ground breaking, but something I just noticed.

more Suns leaks (yawn):

tumblr_inline_mqjv252sJX1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mqilmp5pjz1qz4rgp.jpg

This may have already been discussed...but, as I was just looking at the images, based on the dot pattern on the jersey material, we know that the numbers are off center to the right of the jersey.

Not ground breaking, but something I just noticed.

I can already tell I don't think I'm gonna like the fact the color of the wordmarks and numbers don't match.

Archived