NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

update to the Magic practice court (blue lanes!):

BQmqUM2CIAAsGxw.jpg

Simple and gorgeous. Well done. That'd look good on the real court.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BQmqUM2CIAAsGxw.jpg

Simple and gorgeous. Well done. That'd look good on the real court.

I think it looks pretty bad. Always enjoyed the two-toned keys the Magic have had over the years.

The interesting thing is the four "transparent" side courts have the college markings.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

BQmqUM2CIAAsGxw.jpg

I wonder if they'll make the solid lane transition on to the Amway Center main court

Lots of college games get played on that court so, probably not

Ugh. That wordmark. I hope that's not on the actual court. So uneven.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Looks like teams will be wearing those hideous sleeved jerseys on Christmas and St. Patrick's Day this season.

Can Nike PLEASE get the NBA rights soon? Adidas is just horrible at this point.

Yeah I prefer Nike. Their college basketball stuff is solid, and their replicas are head and shoulders above Adidas.

I'm curious as to what the theme will be this year. I will say I actually liked some of the Christmas uniforms last yr.

Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA Sleeved jersey will make appearances during marquee games on Christmas Day and St. Patrick's day... At least 20 teams next season.

about 8 hours ago

Reply Retweet Favorite

Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA So new details on sleeved jerseys... 5 teams will add a sleeved jersey to their uniform options... 20 will wear them at least once.

Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA Sleeved jersey will make appearances during marquee games on Christmas Day and St. Patrick's day... At least 20 teams next season.

about 8 hours ago

Reply Retweet Favorite

Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA So new details on sleeved jerseys... 5 teams will add a sleeved jersey to their uniform options... 20 will wear them at least once.

5341851844_9a51ebfa9b.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

about 8 hours ago

Reply Retweet Favorite

People must be buying them in GS. I don't know why they would expand them if they weren't selling.

I don't think Golden State sales have any impact on it. This is essentially a huge product line Adidas is rolling out, and this expansion is what Adidas had planned all along. The Warriors wore those jerseys the required three times and hated them. They didn't receive all that much exposure, and were unveiled after the Christmas shopping season. I don't think they could even be expected to sell that much at that point. Even if they didn't sell a single yellow Warriors jersey, the NBA would still be trotting out a bunch of these turds next season.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

5 teams will add sleeved jerseys as alternates, 20 teams total will wear them (whether as an alt or on a holiday)

These are the teams that wore them, some only for certain games, in the Summer League. You'd have to think they wanted to try them out before wearing them in-season.

Celtics, Nets, Bulls, Pistons, Pacers, Clippers, Lakers, T-Wolves, Knicks, Thunder, Magic, Suns, Blazers, Spurs.

Plus, the Warriors started this whole thing, so count them as one of the 20. That's 15. I'd be willing to bet that the NBA won't lose out on it's premier team not wearing sleeves during holidays, so add in the Heat. 16. Just looking at the remaining list, I'm going to take a blind guess that their most marketable and high profile teams/players will be in sleeves. That adds in the Nuggets, Rockets & Grizzlies. Let the Cavs, Pelicans, and Mavs fight it out for the last spot.

The question then becomes, which 5 teams are adding them as full-on alternates? Obviously I have no idea, but my guesses would be Nets, Pistons, Rockets, T-Wolves, and Magic. (The latter 3 would be getting rid of their current alts or redesigning them as sleeved looks) Let's see how wrong I am. FWIW, this all came from me being ticked that all stories said "a number of teams" or "the Pacers along with other teams" wore sleeves in Summer League play.

edit: The Suns rumored Orange "alt" I'm going to assume is just a holiday jersey, and not a true alternate because of what was said at the Pelicans presser, but you never know.

edit: The Suns rumored Orange "alt" I'm going to assume is just a holiday jersey, and not a true alternate because of what was said at the Pelicans presser, but you never know.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the orange is considered a special jersey and not counted as an "alternate".

Seems to make sense that black will be the actual alternate.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the orange is considered a special jersey and not counted as an "alternate".

Pretty sure the black alternate rumor has been squashed numerous times

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

no, i think he has a point. just the timeframe of the arrival of the black alt has been debunked.

i agree that the orange sleeved uni will be written off a "special" jersey so that they can wear (and SELL it!) it next season. then, per league "rules", Phoenix will introduce the black alt in either 2014-15 or 2015-16.

I don't think Golden State sales have any impact on it. This is essentially a huge product line Adidas is rolling out, and this expansion is what Adidas had planned all along. The Warriors wore those jerseys the required three times and hated them. They didn't receive all that much exposure, and were unveiled after the Christmas shopping season. I don't think they could even be expected to sell that much at that point. Even if they didn't sell a single yellow Warriors jersey, the NBA would still be trotting out a bunch of these turds next season.

I knew right away when the camo, sleeved crap was unveiled for the NCAA tournament earlier this year that the NBA was the next victim for big expansion of this crap.

Pretty sure the black alternate rumor has been squashed numerous times

I thought the rumor was black as the road jerseys?

Wouldn't it stand to reason to have black as the official alternate since that would actually match the color scheme for home?

These sleeved jerseys are probably in the category of those weird Christmas jerseys and won't count as official alternates.

I'm probably wrong but just conversing here.

no, i think he has a point. just the timeframe of the arrival of the black alt has been debunked.

i agree that the orange sleeved uni will be written off a "special" jersey so that they can wear (and SELL it!) it next season. then, per league "rules", Phoenix will introduce the black alt in either 2014-15 or 2015-16.

All about the benjamins!

And yes, I agree with your assessment.

Archived