NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the schedule being released I think we can now figure out who will be wearing sleeved alts.

Rockets and spurs play on Christmas day I believe.

I'm guessing all 10 teams involved in games on Christmas will be in sleeves.

5 teams will add sleeved jerseys as alternates, 20 teams total will wear them (whether as an alt or on a holiday)

These are the teams that wore them, some only for certain games, in the Summer League. You'd have to think they wanted to try them out before wearing them in-season.

Celtics, Nets, Bulls, Pistons, Pacers, Clippers, Lakers, T-Wolves, Knicks, Thunder, Magic, Suns, Blazers, Spurs.

Plus, the Warriors started this whole thing, so count them as one of the 20. That's 15. I'd be willing to bet that the NBA won't lose out on it's premier team not wearing sleeves during holidays, so add in the Heat. 16. Just looking at the remaining list, I'm going to take a blind guess that their most marketable and high profile teams/players will be in sleeves. That adds in the Nuggets, Rockets & Grizzlies. Let the Cavs, Pelicans, and Mavs fight it out for the last spot.

The question then becomes, which 5 teams are adding them as full-on alternates? Obviously I have no idea, but my guesses would be Nets, Pistons, Rockets, T-Wolves, and Magic. (The latter 3 would be getting rid of their current alts or redesigning them as sleeved looks) Let's see how wrong I am. FWIW, this all came from me being ticked that all stories said "a number of teams" or "the Pacers along with other teams" wore sleeves in Summer League play.

edit: The Suns rumored Orange "alt" I'm going to assume is just a holiday jersey, and not a true alternate because of what was said at the Pelicans presser, but you never know.

From Pistons' mailbag on the team website this week:

Andrew (South Lyon, Mich.): Some time ago you mentioned that the Pistons were considering adding an alternate uniform. Do you have an update?

Langlois: I don’t, Andrew. But I would advise you to stay tuned.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/chat/mailbag_130807_1.html

Somebody post the Heat jerseys that they will wear on the 30th vs. Bulls.

They're on the latest issue of SLAM magazine, BTW.

This?

slam171_feat.jpg

Is that a different home uni? The stripe on the side of the regular home uni is yellow. It sure looks white in that pic. Could just be the lighting when the pic was taken I guess.

Archived