NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, except the players don't like them

http://nba.si.com/20...gly-after-loss/

Yeah, that was my point. If they liked them, they'd still be wearing them, no matter the "schedule." Didn't realize Curry had come out publicly and called them ugly, but that was the nail in the coffin, I'm sure. Gotta have the star on board.

Bingo.

Unfortunately, more teams will wear the sleeves next season

Go A's!

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly changes for NBA '13-'14, but the new alternates from '12-'13 have been added to the Mothership, for your further speculation. And small fixes and updates here and there (i.e. Grizzlies' losing the number inline). Please let me know if you see anything that needs changing.

http://www.sportslogos.net/updates/

Does anyone have word on when the Suns or Pelicans will unveil their new unis?

Not exactly changes for NBA '13-'14, but the new alternates from '12-'13 have been added to the Mothership, for your further speculation. And small fixes and updates here and there (i.e. Grizzlies' losing the number inline). Please let me know if you see anything that needs changing.

http://www.sportslogos.net/updates/

Does anyone have word on when the Suns or Pelicans will unveil their new unis?

I'll try to take some time and go through them myself...the official uniform spec files have been outlining changes from one season to the next (sometimes for the past few seasons)...there have been a number of subtle changes that have been made and I haven't even noticed for the most part.

Please let me know if you see anything that needs changing.

• add the Christmas unis (HOU, CHI, OKC, DEN, LAC, LAL, BOS, BKN, and NYK) from this past season.
  • add the "White Hot" Heat uni
  • add the "El Heat" uni
  • add the "Back In Black" Heat uni
  • add the Miami Floridians throwback uni (not sure if that would go in the Heat page or the Floridians page though)
  • add the "Nueva York" uni
  • add the "El Magic" uni
  • add the "Los Suns" uni
  • add the "Los Spurs" uni
  • add the Raps camo uni
  • add the All-Star unis from 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, and 12/13
  • add the New Orleans Hornets "Mardi Gras" uni

That's all i see for now. I'll let ya know if anything else strikes me...

As an example, another minor change a lot of people missed was the fact that the Rockets dropped the dropshadows (Black on home unis, Silver on roads) in the 2010-2011 season.

I also have most of the memorial patches/ribbons too...

It also irks me to no end (!) regarding the Buffalo Braves logo.

The official primary logo was BLACK and Orange. No Columbia Blue in the logo. Columbia Blue was only present in the uniforms.

As an example, another minor change a lot of people missed was the fact that the Rockets dropped the dropshadows (Black on home unis, Silver on roads) in the 2010-2011 season.

Only on the numbers (which also changed to the same font the Pacers use). Annoyingly, they're still there on the wordmarks, creating a needlessly-glaring inconsistency.

Yet another reason why the Rev30 change really screwed up the NBA's aesthetics.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Please let me know if you see anything that needs changing.

• add the Christmas unis (HOU, CHI, OKC, DEN, LAC, LAL, BOS, BKN, and NYK) from this past season.
  • add the "White Hot" Heat uni
  • add the "El Heat" uni
  • add the "Back In Black" Heat uni
  • add the Miami Floridians throwback uni (not sure if that would go in the Heat page or the Floridians page though)
  • add the "Nueva York" uni
  • add the "El Magic" uni
  • add the "Los Suns" uni
  • add the "Los Spurs" uni
  • add the Raps camo uni
  • add the All-Star unis from 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, and 12/13
  • add the New Orleans Hornets "Mardi Gras" uni

That's all i see for now. I'll let ya know if anything else strikes me...

:censored: thats alot of heat uniforms

Only on the numbers (which also changed to the same font the Pacers use). Annoyingly, they're still there on the wordmarks, creating a needlessly-glaring inconsistency.

Yet another reason why the Rev30 change really screwed up the NBA's aesthetics.

Yep - from:

HoustonRockets_UNL0101a_2010_SCC_SRGB.png

...to:

HoustonRockets_UNL0101a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Shame, from 03 (?) until the rev switch Rockets had one of the coolest looks in the game. Now with the altered numbers/letters and lack of shimmer they have one of the dullest.

Side note, am I the only one who loved shimmer on NBA uniforms? It was great on the Heat uniforms, the Nuggets uniforms, I loved those Mavs trash-bag unis, it was probably the only redeeming aspect of Charlotte's first set. Only team I can think of that I like better without it is the Bulls.

Sixers need to go back to the iverson era jerseys. We have way too many rwb jerseys and those were unique.

With the draft quickly approaching I figured there would be some leaks on the Pelicans. Unfortunately they have some how some way kept the whole thing out of the lime light.

Shame, from 03 (?) until the rev switch Rockets had one of the coolest looks in the game. Now with the altered numbers/letters and lack of shimmer they have one of the dullest.

Side note, am I the only one who loved shimmer on NBA uniforms? It was great on the Heat uniforms, the Nuggets uniforms, I loved those Mavs trash-bag unis, it was probably the only redeeming aspect of Charlotte's first set. Only team I can think of that I like better without it is the Bulls.

I agree with this whole post. I also liked it when teams used to be able to have their own collar designs instead of being forced to pick from a few generic ones. The generic collars greatly downgraded the Sixers', Bobcats', Timberwolves', and Hawks' uniforms.

I also liked the Grizzlies' inlined numbers and the Hawks' beveled numbers, which Adidas was too lazy/cheap to replicate.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived