NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I14Go8G.png

Is it me, or does this jersey look like it's got velvet material?

Kinda got that dark purple velvet shimmer, no?

"I would drape myself in velvet if it were socially acceptable." - George Costanza

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not only does that black Lakers jersey look like crap and bastardize their look, but purple numbers on a black jersey are going to be completely lost from more than 10 feet away.

The numbers will be fine. The yellow outline will help. Don't assume the worst before you've seen them on the court.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Talk about watering down your brand with all those different colored jerseys... Not sure it's that good of a business move at all at the end of the day.

The Miami Heat seem to be doing just fine. If a black jersey = more revenue, then it's a great business move. Keep in mind purple and yellow are still a key part of the uniform. It's not like the Lakers will have a black jersey with green and pink.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not only does that black Lakers jersey look like crap and bastardize their look, but purple numbers on a black jersey are going to be completely lost from more than 10 feet away.

The numbers will be fine. The yellow outline will help. Don't assume the worst before you've seen them on the court.

After last year's Christmas jerseys, we know that the NBA doesn't care amount maximizing legibility anyway.

And that Clips alt looks powder blue with red trim to me, which would actually be a pretty great alt! Better than the royal blue.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

If the Bulls come out in "WINDY CITY" jerseys, I will groan and shake my head.

If they wear "CHI-TOWN" or "THE CHI" jerseys, I'm committing arson at Jerry Reinsdorf's mansion.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, there's that old Bulls logo that says "Windy City" in it. If there were some Local Nickname program that everyone had to participate in, I could tolerate a red jersey with "Windy City" in cursive like the old Bulls/current White Sox script. I mean, it wouldn't be great, but at least it wouldn't be "THE CHI." Barf.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

EDIT: also i found these photos from a video posted last year about the creation of the Brooklyn Nets jersey

cbefe87d_x9yB1R4.png

509c6b1a_kD95qGF.png

Notice some interesting jerseys?

This image is proving to be right.

I wish we could see the number on the Knicks jersey or Lakers to see if it's 13? Brooklyn is 12 and jersey debuted in 2012. The Clippers jersey has a 14 on it, so wondering if it means we won't see it until 2014?

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Seriously. :censored: you adidas and :censored: you NBA marketing.

As far as the Lakers black alts go, I'm not completely against the idea but if those are the unis then they completely botched it. I remember seeing a pure black and gold Lakers jersey a while back white numbers (no purple anywhere), why not just use that and put 'Los Angeles' on it?

any chance black jerseys have sleeves?

nm. question already answered.

It finally happened.

The Lakers will also be adding a black jersey to their uniform rotation next season, according to a league source. The alternative uniform will be part of the league's city pride series, joining the Detroit Pistons' upcoming "Motor City" uniforms and the Portland Trail Blazers' "Rip City" set, but unlike the others, it will still say "Lakers" across the chest. The lettering and numerals will appear in purple with gold outlines and the rest of the jersey material will be primarily black, with some gold accents, the source said. It will not have sleeves, the source added.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=9586574&city=losangeles&src=desktop

Archived