NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should stick to having it say Lakers on their jerseys. If they want to have it say Los Angeles, it has to be the classic 60's script. Either way, thinking about it, I'm glad they went with yellow/purple font on the jersey, it pops. As weird as a black jersey is, their main colors are now represented heavily in the team name, player name and number, which is cool with me.

Something like this:

4f9r.png

Credits co c0n4ad for base

That wordmark would be awesome since it matches the Hollywood Nights font. Although, it looks like it clashes with the number font.

They should stick to having it say Lakers on their jerseys. If they want to have it say Los Angeles, it has to be the classic 60's script. Either way, thinking about it, I'm glad they went with yellow/purple font on the jersey, it pops. As weird as a black jersey is, their main colors are now represented heavily in the team name, player name and number, which is cool with me.

Something like this:

4f9r.png

That wordmark would be awesome since it matches the Hollywood Nights font. Although, it looks like it clashes with the number font.

Then just make the numbers cursive. :)

Something like this:

4f9r.png

When they used that wordmark they had the same font except with a dropshadow, so it works.

sxY8Nrv.jpg

Cursive number font? I think that would be a terrible decision, especially since I don't think anyone has dared to do that. Either way the Clippers already have the Los Angeles wordmark.

bSLCtu2.png

sxY8Nrv.jpg

Totally off topic, but that's a fantastic photo! I had no idea the Royals used NOB as early as that - it's got to be the 1965-66 season at the latest.

Just goes to show how poorly documented NBA uniform history is...

Cursive number font? I think that would be a terrible decision, especially since I don't think anyone has dared to do that. Either way the Clippers already have the Los Angeles wordmark.

I was kidding. :)

EDIT: Deleted the double quote.

Lmao @ AAO...btw phutmaster I got the Chris Paul reference..but thx I forgot that's why they blocked the trade .."..for basketball reasons.." aka bull

Haha, aka "the team was owned by the league aka the every other team's owners and they decided to not to let new orleans bend over like memphis and orlando and every other laker farm team"

Talk about watering down your brand with all those different colored jerseys... Not sure it's that good of a business move at all at the end of the day.

The Miami Heat seem to be doing just fine. If a black jersey = more revenue, then it's a great business move. Keep in mind purple and yellow are still a key part of the uniform. It's not like the Lakers will have a black jersey with green and pink.

lakers.jpgOr one sans black...

Hmmnn 25th anniversary for the Timberwolves...possible better uniforms? Currently like their sets & design but then again if you are on this board its hard to please uni fanatics!

As a timberwolves fan through the years, I honestly am not crazy about their current ones, I loved the ones they had from 2008-2010. Just something about them. I highly doubt any change will occur, but putting green back in their uniforms would be lovely. Even their first uniforms were nice.

Archived