NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring one of these sets back and I will be a happy man!

And also I am sorry, I thought that black timberwolves set was Badass! even with the trees!

The set on the right perfectly brought forward their original intent, I think.

I don't mind the trees in moderation, but all of them back to back, I don't know, makes me think of Crystal Lake.

Why they ever got rid of the set on the right and ditched the green is beyond me. That was a great look. The tree design on the shorts made that set unique without being gaudy.

I hate that they ditched the green.

My beef with the set on the right is that the green is pushed to the side. I think it would have been great if they'd used green, rather than black for outlining the numbers and wordmark.

What I'd really like is an update of the set on the left. The logo looks a bit dated now (as much as I liked it when it first came out), but the current alt (shown on the floor), with more green and less black, would be great.

In any case, I cannot believe they have gone to this scheme that completely eschews bright colors. It's boring and not distinctive in the least, which is not good for a small-market, bad weather team that nobody really cares about.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't think it's funny to mock tributes to deceased people.

He might have not known he was dead, i didnt know who it was

Yea, I didn't know who it was and neither had any intention to mock anybody, the guy just reminded me of Will Smith, that's all.

Forgive me if this update has been posted:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/08/26/raptors-rebrand-the-submissions-are-in-vote-now/

Some interesting new submissions for the Raptors rebrand.

Looking at these submissions has made me form the (unpopular?) opinion that there's absolutely no way that Red/Black/Silver/White could ever be a good look for the Raptors, Canadian pride be damned. Every single entry using that color scheme reminded me of either the Bulls, the Trail Blazers, or the Rockets, and sometimes all three.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

^ agreed. either re-embrace the purple-red or go with a Toronto-inspired blue-white.

it'd be pretty sweet if they could pull off an ONLY blue and white color scheme, ala the Nets and Celts simplistic route. they'd have to have some inspiring design to make that happen though, so might be a stretch.

This is the only one going somewhere:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/operationskeleton.pdf

With some refining and the type needs to be changed. The idea of the claw/tear mark behind the number is kind of legit and not overzealous like the 90's unis but still distinct and identifiable with the brand.

logo.png

Toronto_Raptors_Concept_Jerseys_13-1024x

these look like something that adidas would trot out, but theyre ok to me

Are those wings?

3 stripes because Adidas

People can hate Adidas all they want, but they have never forced the 3 stripes onto an NBA game jersey. Only practice jerseys, warmups, D-League, and ASG.

Are those wings?

3 stripes because Adidas

People can hate Adidas all they want, but they have never forced the 3 stripes onto an NBA game jersey. Only practice jerseys, warmups, D-League, and ASG.

It would be better if they avoided WNBA and ASG too. I'm fine with everything else though/

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

Are those wings?

3 stripes because Adidas

But you don't think Adidas would approve a design like this in a heartbeat even though it looks like crap? Yeah they don't put three stripes on jerseys, but still, this is their doing and they would vehemently try to convince all parties that this design is good

Go A's!

Archived