Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto_Raptors_Concept_Jerseys_13-1024x

these look like something that adidas would trot out, but theyre ok to me

Are those wings?

3 stripes because Adidas

People can hate Adidas all they want, but they have never forced the 3 stripes onto an NBA game jersey. Only practice jerseys, warmups, D-League, and ASG.

If adidas could put the 3 stripes on an NBA game jersey, it would, but league rules currently prohibit corporate logos. In fact, when corporate logos begin showing up on the shoulders (as has been proposed), I'd expect adidas to make a strong case to include the stripes on a new design.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Are those wings?

3 stripes because Adidas

People can hate Adidas all they want, but they have never forced the 3 stripes onto an NBA game jersey. Only practice jerseys, warmups, D-League, and ASG.

If adidas could put the 3 stripes on an NBA game jersey, it would, but league rules currently prohibit corporate logos. In fact, when corporate logos begin showing up on the shoulders (as has been proposed), I'd expect adidas to make a strong case to include the stripes on a new design.

But if they could sneak in three stripes as part of a team design, like this one, they would absolutely want it done

Go A's!

Are those wings?

3 stripes because Adidas

But if they could sneak in three stripes as part of a team design, like this one, they would absolutely want it done

Absolutely, and that was the jist of my post (admittedly poorly conveyed). They'll sneak it in when they have the opportunity.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm posting this from my phone so I can't upload my screen shot but FWIW, a Nets fan tweeted at Brett Yormark asking for them to make a jersey that says "Nets" on them instead of "Brooklyn" and Yormark replied with "stay tuned". Not exactly ground breaking news but it's something..

Self-promotion of a concept I made a couple of months ago:

BrooklynNets_PropUNG0200a_SCC_SRGB.png

I agree as well! Just keep their name..a lot of teams have dated names only reason for the recent shuffle is 1) ownership change 2) franchise relocated . Bobcats name change was talked about when Jordan became new owner. just waited for Hornets owner change. Pelicans,Nets- New ownership. Thunder - relocated,

Back to subject: team nicknames for most teams are dated. Lakers in CA,Knickerbockers,etc. Raptors should keep identity and just repackage them CORRECTLY!

shado_logo.gif

I'm posting this from my phone so I can't upload my screen shot but FWIW, a Nets fan tweeted at Brett Yormark asking for them to make a jersey that says "Nets" on them instead of "Brooklyn" and Yormark replied with "stay tuned". Not exactly ground breaking news but it's something..

Self-promotion of a concept I made a couple of months ago:

BrooklynNets_PropUNG0200a_SCC_SRGB.png

That's actually not bad at all.

Do you guys think Brooklyn would ever add colors to their identity? I wish San Antonio would go back and embrace the fiesta colors to mix in with the black and silver...strong identity but the David Robinson era was the best especially these..

2qvtrvt.jpg

23t1cts.jpg

I saw the Spurs play live wearing those warmups once (preseason game in Waco, Texas)...they were visually jarring to say the least.

ColorWerx, that's pretty much perfect.

the nets have been eager to bring that uni back: as a regular season throwback in 11-12, and as a preseason throwback when they played the knicks at the coliseum in 12-13. would love to see it appear meshed with their current color scheme like you depicted (which, like it or not, sells like a champ).

sig2024.png

Archived