NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some interesting stuff from someone who apparently is really close with the rockets organization from a fan site and had this to say:

"Players typically hate the sleeved jerseys but guys actually seem to like our Christmas Day jerseys."

"Similar to the Spurs alternate it's all Red with a rockets "R" logo in the center and the sleeves and shorts have Black and Silver trim."

Naturally I then asked so is the organization interested in rebranding at all? It seems like an opportune time and our current branding seems a bit outdated.

"Believe it or not, most players actually really do like these uniforms.. However Les, and the advertisement department strongly desires a rebrand.. They know that there is a lot of money to be made that way, and actually tried to last year. The problem is Adidas, they do not allow a lot of changes that the Rockets want on the uniforms. They are working on a happy medium that fits the teams wants and Adidas's wants.. Everyone has to make money"

Very very interesting. Maybe "BIG Logos" or something will be the theme this year.

Very very interesting. Maybe "BIG Logos" or something will be the theme this year.

yea, maybe the Christmas day unis will all be sleeved unis in the team's main color (or an alt color) with an alt or partial logo huge on the front, accompanied by a small chest-number. seems a bit meh to me, especially if the colors aren't interesting.

Any idea why the Spurs, Grizzlies and Bobcats haven't changed their scorer's table between the benches from the rollover ads to digital display? Denver, Chicago, LA Clippers, and Milwaukee changed theirs this season.

probably because it costs less than to buy new roll over ads all the time versus making new graphics to put on the digital display

Have any teams applied for a uni change for the 2014/15 season?

Don't know if all of them are official, but I heard of the Hornicats (100%), the Mavs (not sure if next year or the year after), the Rockets (they will rebrand, question is if next year or the year after), the Heat (I think I read about a near redesign here), the Bucks, and the Raptors.

Wow, that`s a lot. I actually think that all of them will do a redesign within the next two years.

That Kings logo on the court looks pretty badass!

And I love the new Knicks court. I hope the'll also adapt the uniform colours for the official logos. I always hated that they have such a light grayish blue for their logos.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

little conspiracy theory here: the nets opened a new M&N store at the barclays center for this season. this is a shot from the store (via the nets instagram account). notice that same 'NETS' wordmark on a number of products. think that could be the wordmark for their sleeved christmas jerseys?

Picture1_zps4001c297.png

sig2024.png

I hope this Green Rainbow promotion means this is going to be worn...

u4ay5i0ft6rz7w7fhebh96fe8.gif

This is actually the same thing Dallas and Memphis are doing using different shades of blue that people always complain about, just with green in place of blue. Just throwing it out there..

I also don't understand the current urge of people and teams wanting to go back and revert to something from their history. Yes, I understand, heritage and all, but times change, everything advances, everything is moving forward. The audience is changing little by little, new people are born, those people that watched the NBA some thirty years ago may now be in the minority. I, for instance, started following the NBA in 2001 when I was 11-years-old. I never saw the Jazz play in their music note-uniforms, the Bullets (albeit I agree that the current Wizards' unis are lightyears better than the previous) or the Bucks in the above colors/unis. So, for me, and for many other young people, they don't mean anything. The point is, if something is from history, it doesn't mean it is better. The Bucks have a great set and a unique color scheme.

The short answer to this is because fashion trends always come back. Bell bottoms from the 60s briefly came back in the late 90s. Girls wearing platform shoes is a style that originated in the 70s, but it's popular again. I'm not the most stylish person in the world, but I can tell there are other trends that are popular today that were inspired by older trends from the past. This is the case with sports. Everything old becomes new again at some point. The end.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Any idea why the Spurs, Grizzlies and Bobcats haven't changed their scorer's table between the benches from the rollover ads to digital display? Denver, Chicago, LA Clippers, and Milwaukee changed theirs this season.

probably because it costs less than to buy new roll over ads all the time versus making new graphics to put on the digital display

But times are changing. Even the basket supports in all NBA arenas have received digital ad placements. Perhaps the remaining NBA teams with the rollover ads may just put a green screen on it, similar to MLB broadcasts, for NBA ads to display on national broadcasts. It is more convenient nowadays to place digital ads because the rollovers take more time to print.

I doubt they will use green screens because of the fans at the game, they want to advertise to them too, the only reason why they use green screens in baseball is to not interfere with the pitchers view

While the kings logo looks neat, I fear that this will lead to more and more teams making their logos and uniforms look like computer desktop wallpapers.

It is hard for me to explain, but alot of this change in the nba makes me fear of tons of alternates, and crazy, gross uniforms like college football and basketball is starting to do. Or pink uniforms...

Archived