NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something like this would look nice for Memphis, IMO:

ahOpiqI.png

I'm going to have to echo tigerslionspistonshabs. Why would a team in Memphis utilize a colour scheme and trim that's north western in style?

To be fair, they kept the "Grizzlies" name when they moved to Memphis even though the vast majority of grizzly bears are found in Canada and the Northwest, so they're already batting .000 when it comes to geographical accuracy.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Yeah, but Philadelphia isn't known for its wild eagle population, and I don't think panthers roam the streets of Charlotte freely. That grizzlies and Memphis aren't synonymous doesn't bother me. Teams use names disconnected from their locales all the time.

Purposely using trim that calls the Pacific Northwest to mind though? That takes it a step to far into the realm of the ridiculous.

Yeah, but Philadelphia isn't known for its wild eagle population, and I don't think panthers roam the streets of Charlotte freely. That grizzlies and Memphis aren't synonymous doesn't bother me. Teams use names disconnected from their locales all the time.

Purposely using trim that calls the Pacific Northwest to mind though? That takes it a step to far into the realm of the ridiculous.

To be fair though, the Eagles name is more symbolic of the Eagle being a historic figure and the seal of the USA and not an actual Eagle in Philly, granted bald eagles are semi common in PA.

Something like this would look nice for Memphis, IMO:

ahOpiqI.png

I'm going to have to echo tigerslionspistonshabs. Why would a team in Memphis utilize a colour scheme and trim that's north western in style?

To be fair, they kept the "Grizzlies" name when they moved to Memphis even though the vast majority of grizzly bears are found in Canada and the Northwest, so they're already batting .000 when it comes to geographical accuracy.

It doesn't bother me really. Grizzlies is part of their history. Like the Lakers who have no lakes in LA and the Jazz where they aren't allowed to listen to music in Utah. Their names is a history lesson, which I like.

Go A's!

not bad on those Bucks concepts, Berlin Wall. needs a better wordmark, but the rest of it is quite nice.

I'd actually be ok with them keeping their current wordmark, but adding "Milwaukee" to the road unis. Someone else on here had an outstanding concept utilizing the Irish rainbow and the current wordmark.

Was it this?

bucks_rainbow_new.png

Those are it...and I think they look great. If they would keep using red, this is the way I want to see it used...only as a trim color. I certainly wouldn't mind if they created a new wordmark and number font but if they want to combine old and new, I could live with this. Now I wonder what could be done for an alternate without making it red? I'm thinking lime green but that might be a bit much.

I'm definitely one of those people who don't like to choose between modern and throwback colors. I like what the San Diego Chargers did with their two shades of blue and would like to see the Bucks do the same with their purple/green & red/green eras.

As for the grizz, I loved the Vancouver jerseys and I even loved them when they had Memphis on them during their Pyramid days. But now that the change has been made to Beale Street blues colors, I don't see any reason as to why they should go back to them. Personally, I say save them for when Vancouver comes back into the league with the other name they were considering when they entered the league in the 90s- Mounties.

I know I'm the only one who feels this way but I don't like the Knicks going back to their throwback colors and design. I liked the late 90s early 2000s look much better.

Uni Watch NBA Preview 2013-14:

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2013/story/_/id/9891918/uni-watch-2013-2014-nba-preview

some snippets we havent seen yet:

And in what might turn out to be the most unusual uniform of the year, Golden State is also exploring the possibility of a special jersey for Chinese New Year

•No photos yet, but the uniforms for the 10 teams playing on Christmas Day will have -- of course -- sleeves. They'll also have uniform numbers on the left sleeve, instead of on the front of the jersey.

•No photos yet of the All-Star Game uniforms either, but they too will have -- you guessed it -- sleeves. Again, look for the uni numbers to be on the sleeves, not on the chest.

the Christmas uni description tells me that they'll all have huge logos on the front, like someone said earlier last week in this thread.

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2013/story/_/id/9891918/uni-watch-2013-2014-nba-preview

And in what might turn out to be the most unusual uniform of the year, Golden State is also exploring the possibility of a special jersey for Chinese New Year

•No photos yet, but the uniforms for the 10 teams playing on Christmas Day will have -- of course -- sleeves. They'll also have uniform numbers on the left sleeve, instead of on the front of the jersey.

•No photos yet of the All-Star Game uniforms either, but they too will have -- you guessed it -- sleeves. Again, look for the uni numbers to be on the sleeves, not on the chest.

the Christmas uni description tells me that they'll all have huge logos on the front, like someone said earlier last week in this thread.

so just go with a 90's design add sleeves and call it a day. good job adidas you are the most innovative uni manufacturer out there….NOT.

No photos yet, but the uniforms for the 10 teams playing on Christmas Day will have -- of course -- sleeves. They'll also have uniform numbers on the left sleeve, instead of on the front of the jersey.

No photos yet of the All-Star Game uniforms either, but they too will have -- you guessed it -- sleeves. Again, look for the uni numbers to be on the sleeves, not on the chest.

Holy overkill, Adidas.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Love it. LOVE IT ALL!!

Change is good people!!!!

Jaguars

Change is good I completely agree but not at the expense of good taste,and respect for those WHO will actually wear these products. Adidas is committing uniform euthanasia!

Lol at DC's comments on pit stains!! Another reason why I never play basketball in t-shirts anymore.

shado_logo.gif

No photos yet, but the uniforms for the 10 teams playing on Christmas Day will have -- of course -- sleeves. They'll also have uniform numbers on the left sleeve, instead of on the front of the jersey.

No photos yet of the All-Star Game uniforms either, but they too will have -- you guessed it -- sleeves. Again, look for the uni numbers to be on the sleeves, not on the chest.

Love it. LOVE IT ALL!!

Change is good people!!!!

Good change is good. Bad change is bad.

This qualifies as bad change.

Archived