2018 Olympic logo unveiled

btharner

That is pathetic. I get the idea of the 2 Korean characters but the rendering of the characters is just plain bad. Are you telling me they could not find a way to better convey the supposed meaning, particularly to a global community that does not know Korean? And the description is a clear sign that the designers have not done their jobs graphically.

I swear it seems that students of graphic arts must spend more time learning to defend bad art by describing it as "evoking" or "representing" rather than learning how to create art that can communicate for itself. Instead of learning how to speak in marketing bullshat maybe they should learn how to draw.

That is pathetic. I get the idea of the 2 Korean characters but the rendering of the characters is just plain bad. Are you telling me they could not find a way to better convey the supposed meaning, particularly to a global community that does not know Korean? And the description is a clear sign that the designers have not done their jobs graphically.

I swear it seems that students of graphic arts must spend more time learning to defend bad art by describing it as "evoking" or "representing" rather than learning how to create art that can communicate for itself. Instead of learning how to speak in marketing bullshat maybe they should learn how to draw.

This.

Even Nike wouldn't spew out a BS explanation like that for this one. Even the dopes who wrote the Jaguars uniform description were like, "come on, really"?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The Vancouver logo was outstanding, and i won't hear any of you knocking it.

van_2010_logo.jpg?w=640

In my opinion, all of the logos (both summer and winter) from 1996-2010 were really good. All of the post Vancouver olympic logos (with the exception of Rio 2016, that one is neat) just suck and could easily be topped by just about anything.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

If it's intended to please everyone it won't please anyone.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It doesn't matter what the reasoning is, the execution is awful. And they probably paid someone more than six figures to come up with that.

The problem is the Olympic logos now a days have to have some deep, exaggerated meaning to it...or something way too modern (2012 and 2014 for examples). Surely there is something more visually appealing with strong Korean ties than what ends up being an asterick and the roman numeral II. I still hold a fondness for the 1996 Atlanta logo too.

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived