Washington Redtails-Secondary Logo pg. 3

mcrosby

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey This is a cool idea, but to me the P-51 logo looks more like a commercial plane. I think you should try tilting the wings more to make it look more aggressive.

Like This:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTChs9Dix_PmJ5QpFZT9XGCv938HwzZvajLPPwB-SLPNynl9s-6tg

Also, to make it look more military, maybe try less red in the tail to look more like real thing. I'd also ditch the DC letters and try to make a 'star and bars' looking patch with DC in the middle instead of a star (Similar to the decals on the real thing)?

The real plane by its self lends to the Skins' color scheme in a big way so I would even make the plane silverish and use burgendy and gold accents. The spear is a great touch.

I'm trying to work out the perspective issues before I move on to correcting the propeller. The spear is less obvious now, but I think it helps achieve a perspective fix.

Picture24_zps0dd27eaa.png

This would be an awesome substitute to the Redskins if it happened. Logo is very clean, the colors carry over from the 'Skins, and it fits the D.C. area well.

The brighter colors DO pop more, but losing that outline on the wing is a horrible decision. Perspective or no, without at least some kind of edge, it just becomes a shape, rather than the three-dimensional image you have now.

Also, that secondary is beautiful.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• 1 year later...

Updated the wings. Let me know what you think.

Picture27_zpscaebc94b.png

I like this logo, IMHO. This should be the helmet logo. It would look great on a burgundy helmet with burgundy face masks. Also, you have the option of no stripes on the helmet, a giant red strip like those on the proposed uniforms, or a striping pattern of gold/white/burgundy/white/gold in a pattern like the Toronoto Argonauts helmets that were used from the late 1970s to the late 1980s.TORONTO%204.JPG

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Took a break from the logo, sometimes that's what works best. So until tomorrow here is my first uniform concept. The basis, obviously, is the Redskins throwback. The logo is featured on the sleeves. I absolutely loved the 'leather' helmet and have been considering using it since starting this concept. I gave it a bit of a modern twist and was able to work red into the helmet that way as well.

REMEMBER, this is just the first draft.

Picture25_zps16e91961.pngPicture27_zpscaebc94b.png

I like this logo, IMHO. This should be the helmet logo. It would look great on a burgundy helmet with burgundy face masks. Also, you have the option of no stripes on the helmet, a giant red strip like those on the proposed uniforms, or a striping pattern of gold/white/burgundy/white/gold in a pattern like the Toronoto Argonauts helmets that were used from the late 1970s to the late 1980s.TORONTO%204.JPG

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

• 2 months later...

Archived