Old Main

I think this is a great website... I just discovered it yesterday. This is my very first post.

There are a bunch of Aggies trying to get rid of our stupid beveled logo. We have been complaining about it for years. Overall probably two-thirds of Aggies don't like the Bevel and it is our primary logo! I would appreciate any ideas, opinions, or advice. The NCAA has banned beveled numbers, so at least that will be gone. The Classic Block aTm logo is still on the helmet (and has been on the helmet since 1965). The Texas A&M Student Senate signed a Debevelization Representation Bill and is adding a vote on the Bevel to the Fall 2013 Student Body Elections.

Here is a thread on the Bevel (posted on TexAgs.com April 13, 2013) with almost 700 replies.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?forum_id=5&topic_id=2295921&page=1&msg_id=35381370

Here is a website where you can download the pdf letter and submit comments...

http://nobevel.com

Below is the letter I sent to the administration. I posted the first 10 pages (the website won't allow me to post all 15 pages), but you can read the entire letter at NoBevel.com.

LetterToLeadership-1.jpg

LetterToLeadership-2.jpg

LetterToLeadership-3.jpg

LetterToLeadership-4.jpg

LetterToLeadership-5.jpg

LetterToLeadership-6.jpg

LetterToLeadership-7.jpg

LetterToLeadership-8.jpg

LetterToLeadership-9.jpg

LetterToLeadership-10.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a great website... I just discovered it yesterday. This is my very first post.

There are a bunch of Aggies trying to get rid of our stupid beveled logo.

The fight it with your administration and keep a sportslogo message board out of the discussion. Your 20 pages of word salad from you and Former Students does not need to be brought up here.

Will we also be asked to support not having the current student fees raised to assist Kyle Field or the Student Rec Center too?

EDIT: Take your $$$ away (if you all even donate) and that will make the largest impact.

dfwabel,

I'm new here - I apologize if this is the wrong forum. This is a sports logo issue I posted on a sports logo forum. I guess for that reason I assumed the topic was appropriate. Sports fans are passionate about their team's logos and uniforms. I thought some members here might be interested in this sports logo topic. I've been telling a lot of my friends about how awesome this forum is... if you are a typical member maybe I made a mistake.

So much for a friendly welcome...

dfwabel,

I'm new here - I apologize if this is the wrong forum. This is a sports logo issue I posted on a sports logo forum. I guess I assumed the topic was appropriate.

This is a Texas A&M issue not an issue for those who like sports logos. If you all, as Former Students, do not really care, do not try to expand the losing fight since your "Old Main" student organization did not seem to last your graduate years according to the current student affairs list.

See threads which go nowhere on Chief Illiniwek to not assist your cause. The North Dakota Fighting Sioux is another long standing issue, and they both have nothing to do with a bevel.

Also, unless you were originally wirting members of the athletic department, thus they are auxiliary employees of the school, if you work at the university, your name is public information and public domain, might as well out them.

To be honest I read through the whole thing (for what reason I don't :censored:ing know...) and laughed at about half of it. Your argument doesn't need to be anything other than "current and former students don't like the logo and won't support it" everything else is just useless, comical filler.

How is this not a sports logo topic as well as a Texas A&M topic? Are you the Sports Logos Forum police? Obviously anything I do here will be wrong in your eyes.

In your personal letter dated March 19, 2013, you said:

Outsiders might not understand our traditions, but we, as Aggies do.

Why come to another message board less than two months later?

I know this is what we do at this place but....damn, man, you crossed the crazy line. Isn't one form letter response enough to tell you they aren't going to change it?

You guys are a bunch of sour, angry people today aren't you?

My dad went to A&M so I'm by default an Aggie. The bevel logo is ridiculous. This post is a bit long, but there is a lot of good sports logo information and debate in here that I think we should appreciate, not mock. He's trying to get something changed with the help of non uni-freaks like us, that's awesome. Keep up the good work.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

tl;dr

...and that's rare for me. While I think this definitely fits this forum and you deserved a better welcome, petitions like this just don't go anywhere, IMO.

At least you're also exploring other avenues as well.

The logo comparisons seem like overkill, because I doubt the administration cares what everyone else is doing. And I'd bet the bevel separates that T from other similar Ts... Former Rangers, etc.

Archived