Sign in to follow this  
Old Main

Please help me get rid of Texas A&M's beveled logo!

I will not support this until a bunch of useless pork is added to your proposal. You will have my full support if you add a provision calling for the immediate support of a 4th season of Community, and dino chicken nuggets in the school cafeteria.

tl;dr

...and that's rare for me. While I think this definitely fits this forum and you deserved a better welcome, petitions like this just don't go anywhere, IMO.

what's tl;dr?

as for the beveled logo, i see nothing wrong with it. Sometimes we got to embrace 'change'.

As long as the aTm has been around in bevel form, I think the younger fans have grown to identify with it better than the original. Also, the new uniforms were meant to integrate the bevel into them. I don't think it will be going away any time soon.

This complaint is inordinately long, even for here, but man why is dfwabel such a peen about everything.

Oh the irony.

Yeah, but I do it with style, panache, and valid syntax.

The record for longest post has been broken - by a bunch. Old Main, the Bob Beamon of CCSLC.

The record for longest post has been broken - by a bunch. Old Main, the Bob Beamon of CCSLC.

And I thought I just set it last week! grr

tl;dr

...and that's rare for me. While I think this definitely fits this forum and you deserved a better welcome, petitions like this just don't go anywhere, IMO.

what's tl;dr?

as for the beveled logo, i see nothing wrong with it. Sometimes we got to embrace 'change'.

Too Long: Didn't Read

......I like the beveled aTm logo.... :unsure:

As do I, you are the only one on the boat.

To the OP, this is a sports logos forum, but we all do not have the same passion as a group of Aggies in regards to the logo.

Well sure the letter is a bit long, so I skimmed it, but it's ABSOLUTELY relevant to this board and a very interesting topic of discussion.

I think the letter makes a lot of interesting points, and the detail it goes into is the exact sort of reasoning necessary to convince an administration.

I appreciate the post and the discussion. I'm sorry you weren't greeted a little better.

Thanks, I appreciate the comments. I'm used to the criticism and personal attacks. I was getting ridiculed daily back in June of 2010 when I was part of a small group of A&M fans that started a grass roots campaign to garner support for the idea of Texas A&M moving to the SEC. I made and sent out 6,000 SECede bumper stickers for free to any A&M fan that wanted one. Obviously I realize that not everyone is going to be interested in the Texas A&M logo, but that can be said for almost any team represented on this forum.

The Classic Block aTm is still on the helmet and has been on the helmet since 1965. This season the numbers won't be beveled so there will be less beveling on the uniforms this year than last.

Texas A&M is a top-notch engineering school. We also have programs in architecture, construction science, and computer visualization. All of these curriculums use geometry and 3-D renderings in their core classes. It makes no sense for Texas A&M to have a beveled logo that is geometrically incorrect. In addition it is visually unbalanced, lacks in aesthetics, and looks bad on small embroidered items such as caps.

As far as the length of the letter it was written to the administration as a letter and a study on the use of the beveled logo. I do not think a one sentence letter as suggested earlier would have the same impact. Aggies have stated that different parts of the letter appealed to them. Some cited the surveys and polls, others the beveled Tennessee T, misuse of the bevel, graphic analysis, SEC - Big 12 comparisons, etc. I'm not sure which parts I would cut out. Even if I eliminated 10 of the 15 pages some people would complain that the 5-page letter was too long, so I really can't win on the length argument.

weiss7s-1-web.jpg

Johnny-Manziel.jpg

manziel.jpg

20121117_ajw_ac6_427_28361417_984629.JPG

And I thought I just set it last week! grr

If there is anyone who can break this new record, it's you, Lt. Colonel. Now get out there and post like the champion you are!

things this thread accomplished:

i now realize that the helmet logo doesn't HAVE the bevel.

i now will be forever annoyed at how little sense the bevel makes.

I would recommend removing any and all references to TexAgs in your documentation. Their association alone discredits everything.

rams80,

Even longtime TexAgs subscribers like myself would chuckle and agree with you. TexAgs.com has good and bad just like any other website. Texas A&M is heavily invested in TexAgs. The following entities advertise, participate, contribute, and have had exclusive interviews with TexAgs:

- Association of Former Students

- Texas A&M Development Foundation

- 12th Man Foundation

- Mays Business School

- A&M System Chancellor John Sharp

- President Bowen Loftin

- Associate AD for External Affairs Jason Cook

- AD Eric Hyman

- Head Coach Kevin Sumlin

TexAgs has also interviewed Mike Slive and has relationships with other people in the SEC office.

LetterToLeadership-3.jpg

gMxHeCX.jpg

Who was the guy who tried to get the whole board behind him in his obsessive drive to have the Colorado Rockies get striped socks?

:Words:

My advice? Turn the computer off. Go outside. Enjoy the sunshine, go to the park, play catch with someone (dogs, kids, squirrels if you can get them to do it). Don't have anything to do with football for.... at least a couple of years.

I'm sitting here wearing a faded football jersey, reading a website about a sport that won't start up for a few months and even I can sense the imbalance and lunacy of what you are doing.

GIVE FOOTBALL AS BIG A BREAK AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN.

Do it for your children, do it for humanity.

Interesting choice to use Michigan to support your cause and then use the split-M logo that the university doesn't approve anymore (and that the majority of alumni actually didn't like to begin with.)