Sign in to follow this  
Old Main

Please help me get rid of Texas A&M's beveled logo!

THE BEVEL IS A SACRED FIGHTIN TEXAS A&M AGGY TRADITION AND AGGY TRADITIONS NEVER DIE NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU ONE PERCENTERS TRY!!! WHOOP WHOOP GIG EM HUMP IT WHOOP JOHNNY FOOTBALL SEC WHOOP

SIGN MY PETITION TO BRING BACK THE SACRED AGGY ZUBAZ COLLAR TRADITION!! WHOOP THE RECRUITS WILL LOVE IT!! HUMP IT GIG EM RC SLOCUM GUY CHEERLEADERS

***TEXAS A&M AGGY FOOTBALL - UNDEFEATED VS. TU SINCE 2012***

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/49485-new-texas-am-logo-may-have-been-leaked

CajunAggie08,

Your comments about me below are interesting since your 2007 thread here about the Bevel is how I found this forum in the first place. See the link above.

ahh :censored: old main is here. well this was fun while it lasted. you guys dont wanna know how many threads he has started over on texags about the same damn topic. the dude gets obsessed....obviously.

TAMU_primelogo_MK30.jpg

Old Main, I'm sorry but you really are on the path that leads to poisoning trees in Alabama. It's time to give it up.

I never said i disagreed with your point of view on the topic. your obsessive posting style is what is annoying. please don't use the same tactics you use on other boards and start multiple threads on the same topic. if you don't do that, you will be fine here. just to throw out an olive branch, the bevel sucks.

I appreciate the olive branch. I have one thread on the Bevel on TexAgs. I don't think I started another Bevel thread on TexAgs in 2013. Other Aggies have started numerous Bevel threads (such as the Student Senate De-Bevelization Bill) that I have posted on, but I did not start them.

I tired reading it all....but about 2min into it my brain turned to mush. Good luck? :therock:

If this is the only thread and it dies after a few laughs and we all go on to other things then it's all well and good. Cajunaggie08 is right, it's the manifesto that is so hilarious. You've had your say and the college, while noting it, is listening to the voice of a highly paid design studio. The design will change, for better or worse, when a VP of something decides changing things would sell more shirts.

There are so many better windmills to tilt at.

It is bad enough Texas A&M followed Texas Tech back in 1999 and beveled our logo. Now if we bevel our football helmets we will be following Texas Southern University.

600xPopupGallery.jpg

Messiah-1.jpg

Mod note: Everyone please quit trolling. If you are not interested in the topic as stated in the topic title and original post, please move on to another thread. Don't post to say something stupid about it having been long, you didn't read it, or you don't care.

Thank you.

I'm willing to bet 99% of A&M students and alumni do not care about the logo either way. At this point, it's a tradition and classic logo to them.

Even fewer are probably on a sports logo forum and actually get passionate or offended by how the letter 'T' looks on their shirt. They support their team and buy the shirt without thinking about grabbing a Sharpie and "fixing" the logo.

As far as the length of the letter it was written to the administration as a letter and a study on the use of the beveled logo. I do not think a one sentence letter as suggested earlier would have the same impact. Aggies have stated that different parts of the letter appealed to them. Some cited the surveys and polls, others the beveled Tennessee T, misuse of the bevel, graphic analysis, SEC - Big 12 comparisons, etc. I'm not sure which parts I would cut out. Even if I eliminated 10 of the 15 pages some people would complain that the 5-page letter was too long, so I really can't win on the length argument.

Hi Old Main,

I am a newby on these boards myself, so what I write might not have much clout, but I think you would be able to present your point better if you are able to sum it up better. The way you are bombarding your audience with your ranting manifesto without warning kills any interest to seriously read through all of it and as Darth Brooks put it...

[...] it's the manifesto that is so hilarious. You've had your say and the college, while noting it, is listening to the voice of a highly paid design studio. The design will change, for better or worse, when a VP of something decides changing things would sell more shirts.

In other words, in order for you to win any argument it has to make business sense. And as for any business case, people will only give you their attention if the executive summary can stir their interest.

So, think of a PowerPoint presentation slide as an example and sum up every argument you have in a concise bulletpoint that also includes a branding issue - each point no longer then 1 line. I give it a try and attempt to sum up your 5 most compelling arguments:

• The bevel highlights are graphically incorrect and illogical, tainting the smart image of the university
  • The logo is constantly dispayed inconsistently (on helmets, merchandise and signages) which is diluting the brand
  • The logo with bevelling is harder to reproduce properly on Merchandise - and more expensive
  • The bevelling makes the wordmark hard to read when reproduced in small scale - and hence diluting the brand
  • Several surveys show that ca. 75% of TexAgs.com readers (consisting of current students and alumni) prefer a non beveled logo

Was that so difficult?

When you have summed up your most important points, I am sure you will be able to fit them on half a page. And then maybe people will read it and take them seriously. Oh, and avoid any ranting, sarcasm, humor, etc. If you want to make a business case, then there is no room for that.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your cause! :)

It is bad enough Texas A&M followed Texas Tech back in 1999 and beveled our logo. Now if we bevel our football helmets we will be following Texas Southern University.

600xPopupGallery.jpg

By the way, is anyone at Texas Southern University upset that the wordmark on their helmets is so close to Texas A&M? And are they also upset about the bevelling? Looking into their situation might give you some additional arguments, especially about brand confusion.

I appreciate the constructive criticism.

Texas A&M is all about tradition and the Bevel is not a tradition - I guarantee you that. Even on TexAgs most of the Bevel Huggers admit that they like the Classic Block aTm on the helmet better. For them it is more about entertainment and trying to defeat those of us who are pushing for the logo on the helmet. They are more against the Bevel Slayers than for the Bevel. Most Aggies hate the Bevel and many won't buy beveled gear. Hopefully the administration will wake up soon.

Bevel Huggers and Bevel Slayers ?

Aggy is incapable of expressing itself except in nicknames and borrowed terminology from the conservative movement.

I appreciate the constructive criticism.

Texas A&M is all about tradition and the Bevel is not a tradition - I guarantee you that. Even on TexAgs most of the Bevel Huggers admit that they like the Classic Block aTm on the helmet better. For them it is more about entertainment and trying to defeat those of us who are pushing for the logo on the helmet. They are more against the Bevel Slayers than for the Bevel. Most Aggies hate the Bevel and many won't buy beveled gear. Hopefully the administration will wake up soon.

The bevel logo has been around long enough that it has become traditional for them, your pissing and moaning to us wont change that, and i doubt sending your 15 page letter to the school will do anything either. the bevel is there to stay until someone comes to them with an ENTIRELY new concept and says it will sell more shirts.