Marv Albert no longer calling the Knicks

Starchild

ESPN.com: 'Yes!' No more Marv on the Knicks

:cursing::mad::cry::evil:

Somebody seriously needs to tie that idiot to one of the third rails at the 34th Street station under MSG and just constantly run him over with the E Train. I'm so sick of this jerk thinking because he owns the damn team he can toss out Knicks history as if it's nothing. Marv's been the most identifiable voice of the NBA, and of course he's been calling the Knicks ever since their championship days in the 1970s. And all because of on-air criticism? News flash, the team deserved it! I just pray that Clyde (Frazier) bashes that moron somehow... he's got a big vocabulary, I'm sure he can find several words that would be suitable for James Dolan.

First Sprewell, now Marv. Suddenly Stephon Marbury isn't even looking safe in a Knicks uniform. :cursing:

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

This is just colossally stupid.

First off, I don't know how you could broadcast the Knicks over the last couple years and NOT criticize the organization. Second, do they really thing the fans want brainwashed announcers who toe the party line over insightful announcers whose opinions may differ from the team's?

It's becoming obvious, with the Yankees debacle and forthcoming defection of the Mets, that Cablevision isn't just incompetent at running its teams...it also sucks at its TV networks.

As far as Marv Albert goes, the most thrown about scenario is that Marv brings his "Yes!" to YES and becomes the voice of the Nets as they move to his hometown of Brooklyn. It's a perfect fit...raise the profile of the franchise with a high-quality, renowned announcer and play up the Brooklyn connections, plus keep Marv in the metropolitan area, where he is quite popular.

Marv's been the most identifiable voice of the NBA, and of course he's been calling the Knicks ever since their championship days in the 1970s.

More like championship day... 1970..... :P

Well, perhaps there is a silver lining to all this. Maybe now Marv can do more nationally televised games.

I saw, I came, I left.

More like championship day... 1970..... :P

Hey hey... let's not forget about the Knicks second championship! B)

The only thing worse than Marv not calling the Knicks, is Marv calling the Nets. I just can't take it anymore. I have a feeling within the first few weeks of the 2004-2005 season those "Fire Chaney!" type chants will turn into "Dolan's a Douchebag!"... maybe once he has the entire city of NY on his case, maybe then he'll wise up and do what's right for the organization rather than doing what he wants.

I never thought I would say this... but the Knicks need THE Boss. Hear me, oh Mr. Steinbrenner! Your city cries unto thee! Buy the New York Knicks and bring us out of bondage from James Dolan and back to the promised land!

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

More like championship day... 1970.....  :P

Hey hey... let's not forget about the Knicks second championship! B)

Sorry. I totally forgot about the seond championship. I've heard so much about 1970 that I didn't realise they won in 1973.

I saw, I came, I left.

The Dolans are the worst thing every to happen to Madison Square Garden they destroyed teh Rangers, and Knicks and now they have fired Marv Albert why not sell the naming rights Cablevision Arena what a disgrace that family is.

Everything they touch they ruin look at the Wiz stores they are all gone thanks to the Dolans.

The Rangers 7 years no playoffs.

Knicks are heading in the right direction it seems with Isaiah but it took them way to long to fire Layden.

And heres the latest they are paying to have these commericals against the Jets new Stadium are on TV.

OK its resonable to be against the stadium becuase you beleive Tax Payers shoudl not pay $600 Million, and it will bring too muich trafic congestion,

but the Dolans are worreid about loising concerts to a bigger stage. Thats a total joke thats is greed why theyare against it. If its built and they lose concerts Tough that means more money for the city.

The DOlans raise ticket prices every year despite teh fact teh Rangers get worse every year., and if one year they decide to hold ticket prices level its like they are doing everyone a favor.

The are a skurge on the NY sports scene.

Keep in mind these jackasses own Cablevision too and how they prevented many Yankee fans from seeing Games on TV in 2002 for refusing to show YES, why because they left MSG and they wrre throwing a tanturm, just like they did before they owned MSG in 1989 when they did the same thing and owned Sportschannel.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

And heres the latest they are paying to have these commericals against the Jets new Stadium are on TV.

OK its resonable to be against the stadium becuase you beleive Tax Payers shoudl not pay $600 Million, and it will bring too muich trafic congestion,

but the Dolans are worreid about loising concerts to a bigger stage. Thats a total joke thats is greed why theyare against it. If its built and they lose concerts Tough that means more money for the city.

The funny part about that is their argument is that the plan involves too many tax breaks for the Jets, which will put a burden on taxpayers (as if they actually cared)...when the Dolans have enjoyed tax breaks on the Garden for a while now.

The day the Dolans leave the Knicks and Rangers is a day too late.

EDIT: This Article shows Dolan's meddling in the broadcasts of his team. He acts like some kind of Soviet information minister. Yeech.

Every day our local newspaper New York Newsday has a Daily Rant on the first page of the sports center. Today's came from a man named Arthur Aaronson in Brooklyn, and reads as follows:

Take George Steinbrenner at his worst and subtract the winning. What do you have? James Dolan. We'll miss you, Marv.

Thought y'all might appreciate it.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Very bad call! Marv is a legend and anytime you have him commentating your games you should count your lucky stars.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived