R.I.P to an Awesome Sports Logo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Wisconsin. Things like this just happen there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's true. Apparently if you can finish off that entire monstrosity, the ballclub will pick up 30% of your heart surgery bill.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Regarding the BiG: I know that when I was a kid, I didn't recognize it as both an "mb" and a ball-in-glove. When I realized it was both, it was quite the epiphany.

Regarding the Wisconsin barleyball: If the Brewers had used that on the sleeve of their 1997-99 jerseys instead of the Motre Bame diamond, they would have achieved Total Victory.

I think everyone has that moment. I had a Brewers hat and some of the neighborhood kids were sitting around on my steps and one of the girls (who probably did not know who the team was, said "It looks like a 'B' and an 'M'". I agreed...and then it hit me....

Heck, I am surprised there is not a thread called "When/How did you first notice the BiG was an M and a B"

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Regarding the BiG: I know that when I was a kid, I didn't recognize it as both an "mb" and a ball-in-glove. When I realized it was both, it was quite the epiphany.

Regarding the Wisconsin barleyball: If the Brewers had used that on the sleeve of their 1997-99 jerseys instead of the Motre Bame diamond, they would have achieved Total Victory.

I think everyone has that moment. I had a Brewers hat and some of the neighborhood kids were sitting around on my steps and one of the girls (who probably did not know who the team was, said "It looks like a 'B' and an 'M'". I agreed...and then it hit me....

Heck, I am surprised there is not a thread called "When/How did you first notice the BiG was an M and a B"

I remember being quite young... maybe not even in kindergarten yet... and wondering why the Brewers' logo only had room for three fingers and a thumb. I didn't put it all together until that fateful recess in third grade when a classmate pointed it out on the Brewers t-shirt I was wearing. My mind was blown. :D

...but usually not until you cross Highway 29...

...or maybe in Cudahy. :P

You guys have it all wrong.

THIS is the best Brewer's logo:

milwaukee-brewers-bloody-mary.jpg

How many shots of Jim Bean whiskey did it take to come up with this?

None. That's vodka in that Bloody Mary (along with spiced tomato juice).

It's where I sit.

Real Wisconsinites drink brandy old fashioneds (preferably over a game of sheep's head).

Real Wisconsinites drink brandy old fashioneds (preferably over a game of sheep's head).

Sheep's Head is without question the most fun card game I have ever played. The only problems are 1) I was not very good at it and 2) there is no point in playing it without playing for money (because the "risks" are not too risky). I also enjoy Euchre, which was not nearly as fun as sheep's head, but at least can be played for fun (as opposed to money).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

hmxi68n2tptcr9xj5nefx1o11.gif

I just realized that that big blue thing is the letter "M". You know the 13th thingy from the Alphabet? Oh my God!

I seriously did just realize the stitching of the baseball is a piece of wheat. That's something.

Same here. I'm not as blown away as I was when I first realized what the ball in glove log was...but still a little surprised.

gYH2mW9.png

Yeah, this was a Houston Aeros thread, wasn't it?

#BrewJacked?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Funny story about the Aeros from The Rebel League, a book about the WHA. The Aeros were originally the Dayton Arrows, but moved to Houston before the first season. In looking for a new name the owner came up with Aeros when he saw an Aeromexico jet on the tarmac at the Houston airport. The funny part is a comment by the author that Houston hockey fans should be grateful that there was no Virgin Airways back in the early 70s. BTW I read elsewhere that the reason for the team's relocation was that Alexander wanted to raise their rent from $8000 to $24000 a game.

6188.gif

/close thread.

Recolor that puppy, recolor BiG, slap recolored Barrel Man on the sleeves and BiG on the hats and boom they never have to change uniforms again.

also, Packers. They have nothing to do with the thread but now it's a true Wisconsin discussion

Archived