Canadian Soccer Pyramid 2028

nas1787

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot about one last Quebec club.

Hiboux de Sherbrooke - PLSQ

Not sure about the French on this one, so if you notice something wrong, let me know. A second team with owl imagery! The official bird of Quebec is the snowy owl, which is why I went in this direction, even though that's clearly not a snowy owl in the logo. Another colour scheme unique to the PLSQ (among CSL teams). Might be a bit too cutesy for a soccer club, but that's ok.

2PyEFNu.jpg

St. John's Legends - PLSQ

Newfoundland's one and only team, the Legends are named for one of St. John's nicknames (City of Legends) which I think has to do with the city's long and storied history. The building featured in the crest is Cabot Tower situated atop Signal Hill. A Newfoundland flag helps tie the team to the rest of the province.

x8E4RTV.jpg

I absolutely love the Hiboux De Sherbrooke crest!

It's still in a shape that work for a crest but it is very unique!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Cape Breton Islanders - PLSQ

Based in Sydney, the Islanders green cross comes from the island's flag. Everything else is pretty self-explanatory. I wanted something kind of heraldic looking to tie to Cape Breton's Scottish heritage.

TFSWF9t.jpg

Halifax Town - PLSQ

Given Halifax has an NASL club which plays up the city's location on the Atlantic ocean, Halifax Town skew more towards the city's on-land heritage. The crest features the Halifax Town Clock, a very recognizable building in the city which was built in the early 1800s. The colours are somewhat similar to Cape Breton, but the Islanders wear primarily green, while Town wear a yellow and white striped kit.

GtscxZR.jpg

Good lord that Halifax logo is just beautiful!! I'm a sucker for incorporating landmarks in logos for some reason. I'm also glad it resembles nothing of the Halifax Town AFC over in the UK.

Good lord that Halifax logo is just beautiful!! I'm a sucker for incorporating landmarks in logos for some reason. I'm also glad it resembles nothing of the Halifax Town AFC over in the UK.

Had never even heard of that club before. Actually I was completely unaware there was another Halifax out there...

Fredericton Loyalists - PLSQ

It was only after finishing this concept that I found out Fredericton already has a Loyalists rugby and cricket club. So in this alternate future, the club has added soccer to its stable. For those unaware, United Empire Loyalists were settlers loyal to the British crown who came to Canada from the US following the Revolution. A large contingent settled around Fredericton, and I believe is a sign of pride among descendants. The crest features the flag of the UELs, which is similar to the Union Jack.

a3Y8yPG.jpg

PEI Blue Jays - PLSQ

The Blue Jays are based in Charlottetown and named after the province's official bird. Not much else to say beyond that really. I tried hard to make them different from the Toronto Blue Jays (though the colour scheme is similar to the one used by the Jays from 2004-2011.

vxNQyit.jpg

Just two clubs left in the PLSQ, both from New Brunswick. Should have those up tomorrow.

Loyalists looks great! PEI looks good too, but too much blue and black with not enough white could be blurry. I'd try to put some white into the Blue Jay (since it has a white chest anyway and some white around the eyes) and fill the eyes in black and a black beak as well. Then it should be perfect :)

PEI Blue Jays - PLSQ

The Blue Jays are based in Charlottetown and named after the province's official bird. Not much else to say beyond that really. I tried hard to make them different from the Toronto Blue Jays (though the colour scheme is similar to the one used by the Jays from 2004-2011.

vxNQyit.jpg

Just two clubs left in the PLSQ, both from New Brunswick. Should have those up tomorrow.

Simple, clean and pops. Love it.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Loyalists looks great! PEI looks good too, but too much blue and black with not enough white could be blurry. I'd try to put some white into the Blue Jay (since it has a white chest anyway and some white around the eyes) and fill the eyes in black and a black beak as well. Then it should be perfect :)

I'll play around with it and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the feedback.

Hub City Soccer Club - PLSQ

It took me a while to come up with something for Moncton. I knew I wanted to go with Hub City Soccer Club, just because the name flows so well. I tried forever to find a way to represent a hub, but couldn't really figure out how to do that. In the end I took the super elongated lion from the NB flag and put some banners above and below. It doesn't really represent the Hub City very well I suppose, but I just really liked the way it looked.

pZz0QBb.jpg

Archived