Canadian Soccer Pyramid 2028

nas1787

So in naming some of these clubs, I checked out the naming conventions in Ligue 1. I based Quebec City's name on Ajaccio, which is Athletic Club Ajaccien. Maybe that's an Anglicized version of their name though? Quite possible that they are meant to be Club Athletique de Ajaccio? In any event, I imagine they would only ever be referred to as Ville de Quebec or Quebec City.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many astounding things about this series.

• The consistent level of excellent concepts.
  • The variation between each crest - not just sticking to one style
  • The execution of the kits on this page to match the crests/identity

Not much else to say. Keep going as you are.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

So in naming some of these clubs, I checked out the naming conventions in Ligue 1. I based Quebec City's name on Ajaccio, which is Athletic Club Ajaccien. Maybe that's an Anglicized version of their name though? Quite possible that they are meant to be Club Athletique de Ajaccio? In any event, I imagine they would only ever be referred to as Ville de Quebec or Quebec City.

I understand but all I'm saying is Athletic club doesnt fit IMHO.

I think a french version would be better.

Keep the good work. Cant wait to see more ;-)

Here's all 16 PLSQ clubs:

viFZtVt.jpg

So that's all 56 clubs in the three tiers of my imagined Canadian soccer pyramid. Next up I want to make a few updates based on suggestions I've received, and then I'll be starting in on kit concepts for all clubs. So keep an eye on this thread!

There is not a single logo on there that I do not like! Congrats to you!

303h7kn.jpg

Thanks all! Here's the Toon..

Od188jK.jpg

The Berries have a bit of a cheeky name, so I wanted to balance that with a classy look. I think the halved shirt looks best when the colours are close in hue, so this was the ideal time to use it. The away kit drops all purple, just opting for white and blue. Co-op on the shirt because those Saskatchewanians love their co-ops/credit unions/socialized medicine/Commie what-have-you...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am loving this Canadian football pyramid but can you tell me where the Victoria Highlanders FC are in this. VHFC are currently in the USL PDL (and have been for going on 6 years). They have a better chance to making it into NASL than most of these clubs in the CSL Tier 3 clubs....

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/92600-canadian-soccer-pyramid-2028/?p=2014664

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/92600-canadian-soccer-pyramid-2028/?p=2090371

Glad you're enjoying it. I am intending to finish this series at some point. Mount Royal Outremont is unlikely to get a team. Sorry.

The above links are the posts for the Highlanders. They are in the WSL (Div 3) in this series. I know they are one of the more stable clubs in Canada, but find it unlikely that they would ever make the jump to NASL. Too small a market.

Too small of a market to jump to NASL? They might be too small at the moment, but the jump to USL PRO is in the cards. Especially with the MLS clubs having to pick a USL PRO or NASL club as their "farm" club with the new regulations coming into play. I am from Victoria and have been supporting the Highlanders ever since they were announced in 2008. Been signing and chanting for the Lake Side Buoys (VHFC's supporters group) for both home and away matches. We broke our home attendance record twice in 2013 and averaged 1900-2000 people per home match.

Btw, great concepts on the Highlanders. Glad to see you didn't change the Highlanders logo too much but we are planning on getting a new logo for the 2014 season (ears to the club offices and being on the Supporters Board) :P

not sure how I missed this, but thanks to someone bumping it, I found it again. I'm glad you took over making the jerseys as I just didnt feel right making them. I know when you come up with a concept, you have a certain vision of what the whole brand would look like and its best for the creator to do the entire thing himself. They are all great looking! All very unique too, great work!

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of hits...a few misses. I wish I could go into more detail. There are just too many to crit all of them. There is no detail in the berry. It could be a lump of anything. All it needs is some simplified strokes inside the top of it (I imagine it like a blueberry). Bluejay, Baymen, Shooters, some of the redoes are off. At the beginning...there are some elongated logos that seem to be a "rut" that you got in. Cowtown is really forced. London isn't done as well as it could have been. Surrey and Thunder Bay aren't your best. The polar bear is fine though. The one with the rose needs to be rethought/redesigned. You have maybe 4 or 5 with wavy water lines. Probably the one that doesn't work the best is Niagara, maybe just go with straight lines.

I've done these BIG concept projects myself looking for feedback. They are beyond their worth in good crit than back pats. If you're looking for honest feedback and how to make these better, I hope I helped. Maybe you'll change these or in the future look at your work differently, I sure do mine. You do really great stuff. I looked through the whole thing thinking I wished I had done a lot of these.

A lot of hits...a few misses. I wish I could go into more detail. There are just too many to crit all of them. There is no detail in the berry. It could be a lump of anything. All it needs is some simplified strokes inside the top of it (I imagine it like a blueberry). Bluejay, Baymen, Shooters, some of the redoes are off. At the beginning...there are some elongated logos that seem to be a "rut" that you got in. Cowtown is really forced. London isn't done as well as it could have been. Surrey and Thunder Bay aren't your best. The polar bear is fine though. The one with the rose needs to be rethought/redesigned. You have maybe 4 or 5 with wavy water lines. Probably the one that doesn't work the best is Niagara, maybe just go with straight lines.

I've done these BIG concept projects myself looking for feedback. They are beyond their worth in good crit than back pats. If you're looking for honest feedback and how to make these better, I hope I helped. Maybe you'll change these or in the future look at your work differently, I sure do mine. You do really great stuff. I looked through the whole thing thinking I wished I had done a lot of these.

Thanks for the comments. I agree that when you do big projects like this you tend to get less feedback, so I appreciate it. I've stopped with this project for the time being, but I do intend to circle back around. I feel like I rushed too many of the kits, and I'd like to have another look at some of the identities, as well as the structure of the leagues. But not just yet.

Archived