Canadian Soccer Pyramid 2028

nas1787

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I'll do two more today, just to finish off the Western Soccer League

WSA Winnipeg - WSL

WSA Winnipeg made the jump to WSL from the PDL in 2016. They have had mixed results in the new league, riding rollercoaster results from year to year, and never putting together a solid string of performance for more than two seasons in a row. As Manitoba's highest level of soccer, the team has found success of the pitch.

CSCuR6T.jpg

In this potential future, Winnipeg and Manitoba are one of the most underserved areas of Canada in terms of pro soccer. I wanted to put two clubs in Manitoba, but the next biggest city in the province is Brandon with only about 45 000 people, so it didn't seem to make much sense.

As for the crest, as you can see I only made slight changes to simplify the crest, as I thought the overall elements were all there.

Thunder Bay Chill - WSL

Thunder Bay is the one anomaly of the WSL. Despite being located in Ontario, the club plays in the WSL due to geography, as the club would be well out of the way for all other Ontario League 1 clubs. Also, this allows for the continuation of the TB/Winnipeg rivalry which was started in the PDL. The club jumped up to the WSL just one season after Winnipeg, and while they have not had much success in the league as a whole, they always seem to find a way to beat Winnipeg, particularly in important matches.

jzDRyxe.jpg

The previous Chill logo was completely unsalvageable. So I threw it out, and just kept the idea of using a polar bear in the crest. The one on the new crest is modified from something found in a Google image search. The shape which holds Thunder Bay is a Voyageurs canoe, a nod to Thunder Bay's fur trading past.

That's all for the Western Soccer League. Here's a quick recap of every club in this league. Next up I'll move on to Ontario League 1. There will be a lot more redesigns of real clubs, as most of OL1 will feature teams from the current CSL.

4O6qHXU.jpg

I love the way you did this league. The canoe in the Thunder Bay logo is great, and looks good too, plain, but elegant. As for Winnipeg, I did like the larger maple leaf in the soccer ball, but I like the way it's polished.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

So far, this has been an amazing series, Each team has a unique crest and there isn't too much overlap in colours either. Well done.

Looking forward to the Ontario League 1 concepts.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Thanks for the comments everyone. On to Ontario League 1.

Mississauga Eagles FC - OL1

The Eagles joined the new OL1 for its inaugural season in 2014, coming over from the defunct CSL. The team has enjoyed more success than any other suburban Toronto club, and routinely draws from the strong local talent pool. They have 2 OL1 championships and one CSL championship.

8HuNJtQ.jpg

I kept the main elements of the current crest, just getting rid of the black and the soccer ball. I changed the weird swoosh things around the wordmark into a banner, and simplified everything else.

Kitchener-Waterloo United - OL1

KW United made the jump to OL1 from the PDL in 2017, and have not looked back. Despite no titles to their name, the club is always a top contender in the league, and has often punched above its weight in the Canadian Championship.

BkXfbBh.jpg

I quite like the look that KW currently has. The only change I made was getting rid of the field at the bottom of the crest. It looks too much like a football field with those lines. Something needed to go in its place though, so I added the establishment year.

SC Toronto - OL1

SC Toronto was another inaugural club for OL1 in the 2014 season, and were also the inaugural OL1 champions. Unfortunately, they have not repeated since.

czcARnI.jpg

Very little change here, with just some cleaning up (getting rid of unnecessary detail, straightening the CN Tower). This crest is one of the more professional looking in the current CSL, so I didn't mess with it too much.

Capital City FC - OL1

Capital City came back from hiatus in 2015 to join the OL1 just one year after the Fury joined NASL. With the upper level club enjoying so much success, it was a prime opportunity for a comeback. The club stuck with the traditional Ottawa colours of red, black and white, despite the similarities to the Fury.

7oKVqH1.jpg

I knew I needed to extend OL1 to Ottawa (which is why some current Toronto CSL teams disappear in this series), and I really liked the name Capital City FC. The club played just one year (I think) in the CSL before folding, but here I have them simply coming back from an extended hiatus. The building in the crest is the Centre Block of Canadian Parliament, with the Peace Tower.

I'm really enjoying this so far. Can't wait to see what you do with the mess that is Brampton City United FC.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Capital City FC - OL1

Capital City came back from hiatus in 2015 to join the OL1 just one year after the Fury joined NASL. With the upper level club enjoying so much success, it was a prime opportunity for a comeback. The club stuck with the traditional Ottawa colours of red, black and white, despite the similarities to the Fury.

7oKVqH1.jpg

I knew I needed to extend OL1 to Ottawa (which is why some current Toronto CSL teams disappear in this series), and I really liked the name Capital City FC. The club played just one year (I think) in the CSL before folding, but here I have them simply coming back from an extended hiatus. The building in the crest is the Centre Block of Canadian Parliament, with the Peace Tower.

2028 is way more interesting to look at for sure. I really like your subtle application of the CC and FC

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest darkpiranha

I keep checking back here every day for the Blind River FC reveal, but so far nothing yet. When do you plan on doing Blind River?

(I feel Blind River deserves a team based on having received mainstream fame in the 1986 hockey movie, "Youngblood", starring Rob Lowe. The quote: "If you don't get your act together, we'll ship you out to Blind River!" )

Kitchener-Waterloo United - OL1

KW United made the jump to OL1 from the PDL in 2017, and have not looked back. Despite no titles to their name, the club is always a top contender in the league, and has often punched above its weight in the Canadian Championship.

BkXfbBh.jpg

I quite like the look that KW currently has. The only change I made was getting rid of the field at the bottom of the crest. It looks too much like a football field with those lines. Something needed to go in its place though, so I added the establishment year.

Have always loved my KWUFC. My home-town team! The football field look is there because, well, they do play on a football field. It's the field that the Wilfrid Laurier University Golden Hawks play on, soccer, football, rugby and lacrosse. I'm not crazy about the field at the bottom by any means though. Great update you made to an already pretty stellar logo. Subtle changes, but still great nonetheless.

Ok, here's a couple more.

Brampton City United - OL1

I got rid of the FC in Brampton's name, because City and United is probably already enough. I liked the colours they are already working with, but I changed the black to a grey and made blue more of an accent colour. Considering their previous logo is just an edited ManU I didn't feel bad throwing the old one completely out. Kept a lion to tie in to their previous name (Brampton City Lions).

ylRkXtN.jpg

Guelph Royal City - OL1

I spent 4 years living in Guelph so I knew I wanted to give them an expansion club. Royal City joined OL1 in 2020. Guelph's nickname is Royal City, hence the club name. Considering the name, purple and gold seemed like a natural fit. The crown comes directly from the city flag. The city flag also features a horse, which I used in the crest, though a different one.

yUX14yR.jpg

Archived