Coyotes->Nordiques concept

Evil G

I'm seeing two different shades of blue; a lighter blue that appears randomly on the uniform. Might want to address that.

Otherwise, meh. It's nothing groundbreaking or overly original. Darkened up the colors a bit. Cool.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Im noticing the same thing with the blues: On the white, the shoulder #'s are light blue as well as one of the stripes on the back of the same jersey. On the Navy-ish uni's, the shoulder #'s are messed up as well. Im also noticing little specks of red on the Nordiques logo for the colored jersey, like you used paint but didn't get it all the way. One more thing: With all of the Fleur-de-lis' you got on them jerseys, you could start a freakin garden! I think the shoulder ones are good enough. Love the fact that you brought the maroon over as well!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

No offence, but this isn't really the most original concept I've seen, and I don't think it's that likely a route they would take because it's basically the same as the original Nordiques.

I can see the nostalgia that comes with that mark, but like the Jets 2.0 before them I imagine the Newdiques will go with something very different. Nostalgia sells retro jerseys, new brand and excitement for new team sells new jerseys.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Brass:

Thanks for the help. I didn't notice the blue there.

mr.nascar13:

Great job on noticing the maroon carried over from the Yotes!

wildwing64:

The problem with rebranding the Nordiques like the Jets did, is pretty much, what is a Nordique???

EDIT: Looked up a Nordique. We already have a Native American logo, why need another?

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

With a name as vague as the Nordiques, the logo doesn't neccesarily have to be a literal interpretation. As long as the logo works with the name, it should be fine.

I mean, look at the Flyers for another example. What is a "Flyer", exactly? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Or is it a sheet of paper advertising a product or service? The logo resembles none of these things. It's a P with wings. With a shape that happens to resemble a flying puck. It's the ingenious simplicity behind it which helped make it one of the most iconic hockey logos ever.

Similarly, the old Nordiques logo is an igloo that happens to vaguely resemble a letter n. It's not that I think it's a bad logo, but the NHL makes so much money from vintage Nordiques merch that I don't think the relocated Coyotes franchise would use it full time. They will more than likely have a new logo. And if you feel you have the skills to create such a thing for your concept, I would like to see your interpretation of it :)

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Brass:

Thanks for the help. I didn't notice the blue there.

mr.nascar13:

Great job on noticing the maroon carried over from the Yotes!

wildwing64:

The problem with rebranding the Nordiques like the Jets did, is pretty much, what is a Nordique???

EDIT: Looked up a Nordique. We already have a Native American logo, why need another?

Nordique means "men from the north".

Its not that easy to rebrand, but if the city does have a team again, it'$ a no brainer they'll have a new logo and jer$ey$, keeping the 94 blue as alternate.

Archived