Seattle NHL Project

Del Campo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nashville already has the gold jersey schtick. The league is so devoid of green I wouldn't mind seeing Seattle wearing it despite the proximity to Vancouver. As long as they don't go Blue-Green like the other Seattle teams.

Ahhh, Right you are... pardon my brain fart..

Heres what I was thinking, I know this is someone elses thread, but I'm just throwing around ideas as well.

8737585588_996f943b3b_b.jpg

8736464325_6ed6841067_b.jpg

8737585594_119253ec09_b.jpg

8737585600_6837fbb1b2_b.jpg

So back to the drawing board. Here is a primary logo I drew up for the Seattle Metropolitans (Metros, Mets) I have a bunch of different color options that I want to get some feedback on.

ColorOptions.jpg

My Idea!!! :P just kidding, unless it was influenced by what I said. I really like these much better. I think Cream/Gold, Green and Red would be nicest. (mix the 2nd and 5th logos)

So back to the drawing board. Here is a primary logo I drew up for the Seattle Metropolitans (Metros, Mets) I have a bunch of different color options that I want to get some feedback on.

ColorOptions.jpg

Green and white or dark green/gold would be your best bet.

Good design but I see this as a secondary logo.

This. It has the same charm as the tomahawk C and the weagle. It's a really solid logo nonetheless.

Why stop here though? Try loads of unique color combos! Kelly green, maroon, brown, cyan, pewter, just to name a few of the currently unused colors Seattle could own

Midway.png

ColorOptions.jpg

On the logos, green and yellow would be your best choice, green and white would be 2nd. Too many NHL teams already use blue and gold, IMO, and the purple one reminds me of the Kings (Sac. and LA).

Green and gold w/ maroon accents like the Sonics old jerseys would be the best color scheme, IMO. No blues of any kind.

ColorOptions.jpg

I think these look great, although I agree it has the look of a very solid second logo. As for the color, among these choices, I think the second from the left is your best bet. However I'd be interested to see that same dark green combined with the more pewter highlight color used on the second from the right. I think that combo could look very nice and be both Seattle feeling as well as unique from other teams.

Alright thank you all for the great feedback. After researching more and more of the old Seattle Mets, i've focused on bringing a modern execution to their original look.

So for colors, the originals were much like the Minnesota Wild's current set but with a brighter green. To emulate that without becoming too much like the Wild, I've chosen a dark forest green, emerald green and then a bright red as an accent.

Also I wanted to emulate the barber pole jersey design but restrain it for a modern look by keeping it at the bottom stripes.

I agree that my Space Needle "S" logo was too much of a secondary logo look. So I've kept it simple by creating a modern version of the original "S" logo with SEATTLE inside of it.

Thoughts?

SeattleMetsOldtoNew.jpg

I really like the use of 2 greens, especially the emerald. The logo is good: simple, clean, feels like it's missing something, though. Might add some of the accent color to the S logo to make it pop more against the background.

To further differentiate from the Wild, have you thought about using a dark orange as an accent instead of the red?

Gotta be honest man I'm not feeling the new logo. Each logo revision has been less inspired than the previous one and I'm not sure you took our feedback in the right direction. Of course that's just my opinion but I really don't see how that last logo keeps up to the standards of other letter logos like the Bruins and Whalers

Midway.png

Hey Del,

I've got an idea for you.

Take your "tower" logo (which is now gonna be your secondary), split it, and put the top half of the tower (the part above the word "Seattle") on the shoulder coming down the sleeve to the sleeve numbers.

End it there, and slap in your numbers.

Then throw the bottom half of the tower in below the numbers, extending and expanding all the way down the sleeves.

It'll give you a really unique sleeve striping pattern that is actually one big logo.

Archived