[Soccer] Europeanized American Soccer - Amateur Divisions (Huntsville and Little Rock added!)

Naoned Pride

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, thanks for the comments. I'm currently working on another team to add up this week, as well as the re-introducing of the NYCFC team.

Oh and, by the way:

http://www.mlssoccer...k-city-football

THEY FUKIN STOLE MY IDEA IMMA SUE DEM SO HARD GOD DAMMIT

Calm down dude! They didn't take your idea. This is just a concept. If they want to use NYCFC they can. Maybe you'll see your idea come to life.

• 2 months later...

Hey Naoned Pride,
Any chance you could do a mock up of an Atlanta Silverback's kit? It's my local NASL club and we recently got a new logo. Our kits on the other hand could use some work. They're extremely plain and bland. I'm hoping someday that the MLS will expand to Atlanta so I have a club close by I can go to for MLS games.

Badge:
logo.png
Home:
2013-home-kit_large.jpg?198
Away:

2013-away-kit_large.jpg?198

Please Click here to watch online the The Conjuring free online.
Also Follow link.
Please Click this to watch the watch Iron Man 3 online.
Also click here.
Please follow the watch Romeo and Juliet online.
Also Click here to watch online.
Please Follow this link the watch Star Trek Into Darkness online.
Also Get here.
Please Get here the watch The Great Gatsby online.
Please Click this to watch the watch The Wolverine online.
Also Follow link.
Please Click here to watch online the watch Despicable Me 2 online.
Also Follow link.
Please Click here to watch online the watch Grown Ups 2 online.
Also Click this to watch.
Please Get here the watch Pacific Rim online.
Also Follow this link.
Please follow the watch The Internship online.
Also click here.
Please Get here the watch This Is The End online.
Also source.
Please Click here to watch online the watch White House Down online.
Also source.
Please click here the watch Captain Phillips online.
Also Get here.
Please Click this to watch the watch G.I. Joe: Retaliation online.
Also click here.
Please click here the watch Gravity Falls online.
Also source.
Please Click this to watch the watch Now You See Me online.
Also click here.
Please click here the watch The Great Gatsby online free.
Also source.
Please source the watch Thor: The Dark World online.
Also follow.
Please follow the watch Don Jon online.
Also Follow this link.
Please Get here the watch All Is Lost online.
Also follow.
Please Follow this link the watch Carrie online.
Also source.
Please follow the watch Don Jon online free.
Also Get here.
Please click here the watch Kill Your Darlings online.
Also source.
Please source the watch Last Vegas online.
Please Get here the watch Machete Kills online.
Please Follow this link the watch The Mirror online.
Also Follow this link.
Please Click here to watch online the watch Haunter online.
Please click here the watch Baggage Claim online.
Also Follow this link.
Please click here the watch Escape Plan online.
Also Follow link.
Please source the watch Hellbenders online.
Please Click here to watch online the watch 2 Jacks online.
Also Get here.
Please Click this to watch the watch Free Birds online.
Also Follow link.
Please Follow this link the watch Adventures in the Sin Bin online.
Please follow the watch The Counselor online.
Also Get here.
Please Get here the watch The Fifth Estate online.
Also Follow link.
Please click here the watch Torn online.
Please Click here to watch online the watch Ender's Game online.
Also click here.
Please click here the watch About Time online.
Also follow.

A Europeanization of the MLS? You know, a lot of people have made a lot of complaints about what Europeanization has happened up to now.

Playoffs create a climactic end to the season. If you just crown the top dog at the end, there's a good chance of someone running and hiding, causing everything to just end in one big anticlimax. A playoff system also battle-tests a team. Sure they could beat up on whatever crappy teams they had to play during the season, but can they do it against the best of the best? Not to mention the parity that is created. People here love an underdog, an upset, a Cinderella story. If a team has the talent, the heart, or the guts to make it to the end and secure a spot, then they have the ability to make it. Of course, the regular season is not nearly useless, as seeding can be a very important factor in whether one can win or not.

Professional teams in America are multi-million-dollar corporations. Minor league teams depend on gimmicks, a small local fanbase, and a contract to serve as a farm team in a professional team's system. I do not know if a relegation/promotion system can work in this environment, at least not unless the tiers are very small (perhaps 10)

I'm glad you realize the indefensibleness of the team name point. In American sports the team name is one of the strongest parts of a team identity. One of the things people complain most about when it comes to the Europeanization of the MLS is the shift to blander names and identities that don't say anything about a team except where it lives and what sport it plays. While using city names does link a team to the city, a different team name can just as easily link to a city (Mets, Celtics, Steelers, Islanders), or over history can become synonymous with a city or region (Red Sox, Lakers, Bears, Red Wings). I notice you include some nicknames with your teams. I think a middle-ground can be reached by including a nickname for each team that doesn't already have one.

Now onto the concepts... I too saw the Liberty Bell in the original NYCFC concept, much to my confusion. Yeah, people making a connection between an Arabian airline and September 11th may be a little stupid, but that doesn't stop people from making the connection, and that means bad publicity. My main issue with it is failing to make the connection. When I was planning homes for expansion franchises, I looked to local corporations for names, and I'd suggest the same for your sponsors. Find the big corporation from that hometown. For New York, Chase, Citigroup, Hess, Macy's, Pfizer or Time Warner could work.

While I agreed the twin liberties was a bit odd, I rather liked your second version. I disagree with attacks on the Liberty green. I think it's a pleasant color, and I find it close to the Fenway green that is much beloved, so I don't think it's beyond any love at all. It does need a good color to offset it. You mentioned red and blue, which are certainly very well-represented in New York sports, but did you ever give a look to orange? It's a very major color representative of the City, steeped deep in its Dutch roots. The warmth of orange may make a nice contrast to the patina. Or it may look horribly ugly. I don't know. XD It's just a thought.

One question I have is that of your representation of the New York skyline. I understand given your comment on the eagle image that you're using some existing imagery to help you with this. I wonder where you got your skyline from. The skyline has three iconic buildings nowadays, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, and the new 1 World Trade Center (Freedom Tower). And that doesn't include the less iconic but all the more recognizable Citibank Building. In the first version of the logo, none of these appear (I think the UN Secretariat might be somewhere in the middle), and the second version seems to have the Chrysler Building, the Bank of America Building, and I think I see the old Metropolitan Life Building in there. To be honest, I think your first attempt may actually be the Philadelphia skyline. Although it certainly looks nice, I'm surprised at your choices of buildings. Take a look at the Mets logo, which includes a church, the Williamsburg Savings Bank, the Woolworth Building, the Empire State Building, and the United Nations Secretariat to represent numerous parts of the City.

I certainly to love the look you've given them. I agree with you on the FC being straight. It definitely is retro-looking in a 40's-50's sort of way. That works for New York, though. Although I think the new version is cool, I actually did rather like the font from the second version. While it's not oft seen in logos, I thought it fit what you were going for. It seemed like the kind of font you'd see on the gold plaque at the bottom of a monument much like your gift to us.

Also, I'm curious as to why you went with the nickname "The Citizens".

But let me move on from the hometown team. I love the look of LA. The only question I have is what's with the odd wings on the sides? Doesn't seem to fit with the bear motif.

DC looks nice, although you'll have to find a new eagle, as already mentioned. It would also be nice to see the DC flag as a motif somewhere. Perhaps a bar with stars on top across the chest of the 3rd where you currently have the red/white stripe. Also, VW is another confusing sponsor. That's an awfully German sponsor for a team in America's capital.

Seattle looks beautiful. I think the pale green gets a bit lost with the white and could instead use a navy or black to contrast against instead, but besides that I have nothing much I can say about it.

Columbus is great. I love the mirrored look for the homes and aways. I don't agree with the third, though. I dunno. Too Brazilian for me. I suppose some looks are just too iconic for anyone else to use.

San Jose is also great. My only question is why you chose San Jose out of all the cities to go with the Spanish naming. I'd expect it from a Texas team or LA, or San Diego. Why did you choose to only do this for San Jose?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well, finally, here is my final concept of the NYCFC logo.

I've decided not to give the jersey a sponsor, just like Barcelona used to do, in order not to stain it. Or like Atlético Madrid still do.

1369842576-nycfc-induction-2.png

I really like these concepts. However, if you want the 3rd kit to be based off of the city flag it should be orange instead of red. The flag comes from the Dutch influence of the city. After all, its original name was New Amsterdam.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

• 2 months later...

Well well, long story short: I lost my bookmarks on Firefox a couple months ago and thus completely forgot about this site. But I've been back on tracks lately on making logos, and it popped back to me.

I have pretty much changed a lot of things on my designs (they're all finished), including those I already gave you to check out in here. Might aswell completely re-start from the very beginning. Sorry for those who expected me to go on, I've re-entered College in September and didn't have much time on my hand for photoshop related activities. But now is the time.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Well well, long story short: I lost my bookmarks on Firefox a couple months ago and thus completely forgot about this site. But I've been back on tracks lately on making logos, and it popped back to me.

I have pretty much changed a lot of things on my designs (they're all finished), including those I already gave you to check out in here. Might aswell completely re-start from the very beginning. Sorry for those who expected me to go on, I've re-entered College in September and didn't have much time on my hand for photoshop related activities. But now is the time.

Very excited to see some of the change.s

First thing to (re)begin with, a little introduction to the project as a whole.

The USPL: [small Edit: Considering the addition of Canadian teams in the League, Vancouver is the 1993 winners instead of Denver.]

1391274842-introduction-uspl.png

To add a picture, I figured out while making this up that 1977's Fort Lauderdale win would have been the biggest upset of the history of the league: they won the USPL thanks to a Goal Average of +20, while the runner-up Portland had a GA of +19 ! In addition, this year's NYC win was 30 years after their 7th title.

The US Open Cup:

1391275352-introduction-usopen.png

You can note that Rochester is the only team since MLS which won the Cup without being part of the 1st Division in 1999.

The League Cup:

1391274841-introduction-lc.png

Teams taking part of the 2014 United States Premier League:

(Teams marked with a * didn't change logo since last time, the more you know...)

• Atlético San Jose
  • Boston NEC
  • Chicago United
  • Columbus AFC *
  • Denver Coloradans
  • FC Dallas
  • Houston Dynamo
  • Kansas City Union
  • Los Angeles FC
  • New York City FC
  • Orlando CFC
  • Philadelphia FC
  • Portland FC
  • Québécois de Montréal (s.2012)
  • Salt Lake City FC
  • SC Vancouver (s.2011)
  • SoCal FC
  • Sporting Seattle *
  • Toronto FC (s.2007)
  • Washington DCFC

Just so you know my way of working, I usually started with the original MLS crest and added my personnal ideas to it. It's not out of laziness or lack of talent (or is it ?), but because I wanted to keep an inch of the different team's identity, since I scrapped most of their names.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Hi

I am a real fan of your USPL concept with the change in club identities. I am a fan of MLS but I always believed that MLS should be a single table league (home-away). And here's hoping that one day NASL and USL is brought into the fray with promotion/relegation.

Can I ask what templates you used for your different kit suppliers? Great work mate! Was it done through Illustrator or Inkscape?

I also know it's USPL but why can't Toronto FC, Impact de Montreal and Vancouver Whitecaps FC can't be playing in it? In the Football League and Barclays Premier League, Swansea City and Cardiff City (both Welsh) are playing in the English top flight...

Hi

I am a real fan of your USPL concept with the change in club identities. I am a fan of MLS but I always believed that MLS should be a single table league (home-away). And here's hoping that one day NASL and USL is brought into the fray with promotion/relegation.

Can I ask what templates you used for your different kit suppliers? Great work mate! Was it done through Illustrator or Inkscape?

I'm sorry, I'm not able to provide you with the template as I've had them for a couple of years. I can't really remember where I got them. It's a SS'09-13 kit templates, you can find them on Football Manager forums like www.manager-online.fr if I'm not mistaken.

I also know it's USPL but why can't Toronto FC, Impact de Montreal and Vancouver Whitecaps FC can't be playing in it? In the Football League and Barclays Premier League, Swansea City and Cardiff City (both Welsh) are playing in the English top flight...

That's not a bad idea, I've thought of creating a Canadian Premier League afterwards, but I was kinda disappointed by the lack of pro and semi-professionnal teams there. You make a great point here. I will add them, and to make it 20 teams, I'll add Orlando City ! Plot twist !

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

I like the idea of red and yellow for the Chicago fire but, I don't think it works well with the powder blue of the flag.

A lot of soccer jerseys don't match the logos colours. I like the mismatching colours.

I like your Columbus' crest but there's for me a lettering's problem.

Here's my attempt on it, I tried to improve it...

1391382981-1391368197-cafc-intro.png

(Et vive la Bretagne)

This is something somebody already told me, I recall it. Though it doesn't change much from the original logo, it's a pretty nice change, thanks for the tip.

Oh ha pelec'h emaout o chom ? N'out ket roazhonad, geo ? :)

PS:Meh my breton isn't perfect enough, what about yours ? lol

I like the idea of red and yellow for the Chicago fire but, I don't think it works well with the powder blue of the flag.

A lot of soccer jerseys don't match the logos colours. I like the mismatching colours.

I believe he meant that the red and yellow didn't fit with Chicago's flag for the logo, I'll let him be clear on that though.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Archived