[Soccer] Europeanized American Soccer - Amateur Divisions (Huntsville and Little Rock added!)

Naoned Pride

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indy: If you are going to make black and white the main colors I would make the statue black with gray color because it clashes with the checkers right now. I know you were trying to keep blue as it tiies in with Indiana well, but I'm not sure it works that well here. So then you'd either have to make the clash red or gray because blue would be out of the palette. I'd also pick a different font for Indianapolis

FC because it is so thin that at any distance it would be hard to read.

NJ: I like the colors here and the sponsor works very well on the kits, which are excellent. As for the crest, I don't think that the fonts work well together. You have a bold, stencil font and a skinnier, serif, typing font. Someone who knows more about fonts could probably give you better advice on as to how you could make them work better together. Simplify the NJ shape, right now it has too many details and soccer crests are better off simpler, IMO. Lastly, give the 1882 the curved treatment that "Liberty and Prosperity" received, it looks a little unfinished as of right now.

OKC: I don't like the font choice of the OKC in the middle of the crest, in fact I don't think it needs to be there at all since you have "Oklahoma City Football Club" at the top. Maybe try and put in some common Oklahoman imagery like a dreamcatcher or something in its place. Those kits are mighty fine looking, by the way.

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

Thanks for the feedback.

Indy: I don't find it as annoying as you do, on the contrary, I believe keeping the statue blue puts it in the foreground better than if it was melted in it. I tried this one out, let's compare to the current one:

1398185623-indy-logo-2.png1398185623-indy-logo-3.png

NJ: Haha, I think I just forgot to round the 1882, I wanted to do so at first. Here's a new version, with a simplified NJ. Concerning the font, I don't think it's an issue imo, NJA stands out as the name of the team, while the motto is just an detail, hence the lighter font. But if somebody provides me some good fonts, I'll give it a try.

1398185770-nja-logo-2.png

OKC: Thank you for the tip, I really had trouble finding some good image that could symbolize either the team or the state. I don't know how I missed the dreamcatcher, I mean it's on the State flag for god's sake ! I went with OKC as a last option.

Here are two versions, I found this dreamcatcher pretty fitting, but I thought maybe adding a little touch with the soccer ball. Which one do I pick ?

1398185897-okc-3.png1398185897-okc-2.png

(A stroke is needed, I know, the borders get lost in the background of the site)

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Guest darkpiranha

I'd clearly go with the soccer ball. Something else to experiment with, a minor thing, but the frame of the dreamcatcher has some small white triangle shapes in them that very closely resemble the soccer tile shapes. Maybe play off of that a bit more. Maybe make the three prongs that extend out bend inward (making a pseudo-pentagon) rather than go straight out.

I've considered the color scheme problem on the kits and came up with three brand new for Portland.

1394176187-fcp-intro.png

One problem with FC Portland- The women's professional team that plays in Portland is already called the Thorns. They play in the NWSL.

Portland_ThornsFC_Primary_7adcf5d1466ee4

Untitleddd.pngsport-scarf_timbers_zpsda7d180f.png

I've reworked on my Orange County crest, tell me what you guys think.

1398922743-ocu-logo-2.pngEdit: I've realized just after posting that with white borders it gets completely lost in the background of the site. I kept the same shape as previously, I don't really have time putting borders on right now.

And here are two new additions.

Pittsburgh AFC

1398922726-pafc-intro.png

Raleigh-Cary FC

1398922733-rcfc-intro.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Archived