Custom Pocket Pro helmets-Got Any to share?

mcrosby

• 1 year later...
On 8/11/2016 at 9:37 AM, coogrfan said:

Bump for 2016. New helmets: UConn (ebay), Houston (DIY), Kentucky (ebay), Michigan (DIY, just gave the helmet a coat of clear semi-gloss),  SMU (ebay), Tulane (ebay), UCF (ebay). 

IMG_3973_zpsjubjmfed.jpg

IMG_3978_zpsolkpl2hr.jpg

IMG_3979_zpskr4kih21.jpg

Where did you get or how did you make these display cases? Love the look of them and am looking to get some to house my collection, but can't find any decent looking ones that aren't made for the NFL's 32 teams.

• 11 months later...
Guest darkpiranha

Is there any thread in these forums where cool stuff like this PocketPro Helmet site are collected?  Custom logos are great, but I want to create merch!  I want to see this stuff in the real world.  DIY custom sites like this.  Professionally printing T-shirts and jerseys.  Tutorials on how to go about creating full-size custom helmets and the best way to print decals.  I'm sure there's a million things like this that are out there.  I would never have thought that customizing these mini-helmets was such a common thing, but now there's a whole world of it.  What else am I missing out on?

• 3 months later...

For those of you who make custom pocket pros printing your own decals: what are the dimensions you use that seem to have a universal fit on the helmet? So far I've been practicing printing on a regular sheet of paper to see if that works. Literally have everything else but the correct sizing. Any help is appreciated! My PMs are always open to talk pocket pros as well!

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone,

Those are excellent helmets. I love looking at custom pocket pros.

I have been making custom helmets for a few years now. I included some of my work from my banner on Ebay, there are a few repeats in there. I try to make them as authentic as possible complete with front, back bumpers, warning stickers and more. Im currently looking for some new ideas. Feel free to message me or check out my work any time! 

spacer.png

On 11/29/2018 at 10:38 PM, Tyrano123 said:

For those of you who make custom pocket pros printing your own decals: what are the dimensions you use that seem to have a universal fit on the helmet? So far I've been practicing printing on a regular sheet of paper to see if that works. Literally have everything else but the correct sizing. Any help is appreciated! My PMs are always open to talk pocket pros as well!

To make the logos I usually do the same idea. Each logo has different dimensions and sizes and looks different on each helmet. As time consuming as this can be, It is in my opinion the best way to get the logo looking as authentic as possible. I find it a little easier to print a logo in many different sizes on a sheet so i first get a good idea of around where it should be.

Here's a couple custom Pocket Pro helmets I have done over time.  I actually dropped in to see if there were any falcons concept logos that anyone had posted up and then found this fun little thread.  I've been doing custom Pocket Pros for about 10 years.  I focus on getting my decal layouts to match exactly what the teams wore on the field for that particular helmet/game.  I have a bunch more, including a lot of 3D printed ones I have been doing lately but didn't want to thread hijack.  Always cool seeing other people's custom micro helmets!

You can see a bunch more of my stuff on the Kentucky Custom Sports FB page or by following my Twitter account - HokieCustoms

2014 UNC Military Appreciation helmet on standard Riddell Speed Pocket Pro Shell

spacer.png

2017 Virginia Tech Military Appreciation helmet on standard Riddell Speed Pocket Pro shell

spacer.png

3D printed Riddell Speed shell with custom mask attached with micro screws to give a more authentic look!  Got this one so glossy that it was difficult to take pics in my lightbox from the glare.  One of my favorite more recent projects.

spacer.png

3.11p-beamer-gif.gif

6 hours ago, Lindenborn17 said:

Those are excellent wow. The attention to detaiI is great. You really took your time with them. I love the 3d printed one. Did you print those yourself?

Yes sir...most of my newer stuff is all 3D printed.

3.11p-beamer-gif.gif

Archived