MLB Uniform Rankings

Voted, but really, Indians ranked last purely because ESPN has to be all high mighty about the rights of Native Americans? Then again, if they got rid of Wahoo, ESPN would just say "when you use the racist term Indians as your name, you will be ranked last in this UNIFORM contest"

Wonder if they do a NFL version of this...Redskins better be ranked last too.

70389454.png

When I saw they had a baseball uniform tournament on the front page I didn't even bother to look at it.

Sometimes I agree with Lukas, sometimes I don't, but he's just one guy and he has preferences just like any of us. It'd be no different than if I set up a baseball uniform tournament. My seedings would be wildly different from what they have (The A's at 10, are you joking with that?)

But really I don't care what one or two guys at ESPN thinks about baseball uniforms. They're no different than us, they're just lucky enough to have a wider audience and lucky enough to get paid to talk uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

AL Most Overseeded: Houston

AL Most Underseeded: Oakland

NL: Actually, I think this is very well-seeded

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yankees vs Athletics in the second round. What a shame that the best uniform in baseball will get knocked out in the second round.

Also the fact that the Braves and Cardinals are playing in the second round is a joke. Probably the best two in the NL.

Lukas' initial rankings were terrible... In my opinion at least.

90758391980.gif

A's and Yanks is very close- currently 52-48 Yanks. I voted A's just based on my hatred for the Yankees lol. There are some very tough choices here. White Sox-Red Sox, Orioles-Royals, Pirates-Giants...

Side article on the 10 worst MLB unis ever:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/21739/caple-the-10-worst-mlb-uniforms-ever

sig.png

I don't understand why they seeded the uniforms. If you can seed the uniforms you're basically ranking them, meaning you've already made up your mind on which ones you like best and which you like least. It also defeats the purpose of having people vote because, again, you already decided for yourself how the uniforms should be ranked. I would have just stuck two random teams in each poll without seeding and let the results shake out how they may.

I don't understand why they seeded the uniforms. If you can seed the uniforms you're basically ranking them, meaning you've already made up your mind on which ones you like best and which you like least. It also defeats the purpose of having people vote because, again, you already decided for yourself how the uniforms should be ranked. I would have just stuck two random teams in each poll without seeding and let the results shake out how they may.

"We agree."

Signed,

Proponents of the BCS

1. Mets (what bias?)

2. Athletics

3. Blue Jays

4. Orioles

5. Pirates

6. Dodgers

7. Cardinals

8. Yankees

9. Giants

10. Braves

11. Mariners

12. White Sox

13. Astros

14. Red Sox

15. Reds

16. Tigers

17. Nationals

18. Phillies

19. Twins

20. Royals

21. Brewers

22. Angels

23. Rangers

24. Rays

25. Cubs

26. Indians

27. Rockies

28. Diamondbacks

29. Marlins

30. Padres

I think it's pretty hilarious how these guys manipulate the seeds to knock off teams they don't like. I think there really can be an honest, well thought-out bracket like this. But I would never trust Lukas to make it.

A's and Yanks is very close- currently 52-48 Yanks. I voted A's just based on my hatred for the Yankees lol. There are some very tough choices here. White Sox-Red Sox, Orioles-Royals, Pirates-Giants...

Side article on the 10 worst MLB unis ever:

http://espn.go.com/b...b-uniforms-ever

The amount of Cleveland bashing is pretty laughable in both these rankings.

Also, I too think this whole idea is stupid considering the fact that they already ranked the uniforms and the network's bias.

NL Central: 1) Cardinals 2) Reds 3) Pirates 4) Brewers 5) Cubs

NL West: 1) Giants 2) Dodgers 3) Rockies 4) Diamondbacks 5) Padres

NL East: 1) Mets 2) Braves 3) Phillies 4) Nationals 5) Marlins

AL Central: 1) Indians 2) Tigers 3) Twins 4) Royals 5) White Sox

AL West: 1) Athletics 2) Mariners 3) Astros 4) Angels 5) Rangers

AL East: 1) Blue Jays 2) Orioles 3) Yankees 4) Red Sox 5) Rays

1) AL East 2) NL East 3) AL Central 4) AL West 5) NL West 6) NL Central

Top Tier (Best of the Best): 1) Cardinals 2) Blue Jays 3) Mets 4) Athletics 5) Giants 6) Indians

Upper-Middle Tier (Teams that are a few tweaks away from being in the top tier): 1) Orioles 2) Dodgers 3) Reds 4) Braves 5) Tigers 6) Mariners

Middle Tier (Average uniforms that can be seen as both good or bad): 1) Yankees 2) Astros 3) Pirates 4) Phillies 5) Twins 6) Rockies

Lower-Middle Tier (Only a few saving graces keep these from the bottom): 1) Nationals 2) Red Sox 3) Royals 4) Angels 5) Brewers 6) Diamondbacks

Bottom Tier (Worst uniforms in baseball): 1) White Sox 2) Cubs 3) Rays 4) Marlins 5) Padres 6) Rangers

1) Cardinals

2) Blue Jays

3) Mets

4) Athletics

5) Giants

6) Indians

7) Orioles

8) Dodgers

9) Reds

10) Braves

11) Tigers

12) Mariners

13) Yankees

14) Astros

15) Pirates

16) Phillies

17) Twins

18) Rockies

19) Nationals

20) Red Sox

21) Royals

22) Angels

23) Brewers

24) Diamondbacks

25) White Sox

26) Cubs

27) Rays

28) Marlins

29) Padres

30) Rangers

NL Playoffs: 1) Cardinals 2) Mets 3) Giants 4) Dodgers 5) Reds

AL Playoffs: 1) Blue Jays 2) Athletics 3) Indians 4) Orioles 5) Yankees

After Tiebreaker:

NL Playoffs: 1) Cardinals 2) Mets 3) Giants 4) Dodgers

AL Playoffs: 1) Blue Jays 2) Athletics 3) Indians 4) Orioles

After NLDS:

NLCS: Cardinals vs. Mets

ALCS: Blue Jays vs. Athletics

World Series:

Cardinals vs. Blue Jays

Winner:

It goes to game 7, and the Blue Jays are at home. Unfortunately for St. Louis, they wear their red caps on the road. Blue Jays win!

Reading an ESPN article on uniforms is like reading an ESPN article about the NHL. This was the same network that trotted out Stephan A Smith to tell me how the Blackhawks tied 4 times this year, and how their streak wasn't impressive because of the ties. :Oo:

70389454.png

Reading an ESPN article on uniforms is like reading an ESPN article about the NHL. This was the same network that trotted out Stephan A Smith to tell me how the Blackhawks tied 4 times this year, and how their streak wasn't impressive because of the ties. :Oo:

he wasn't saying it wasn't impressive, he was saying the heats streak was better, because they didn't lose, the blackhawks still lost in in those 4 games is what he was saying.

he wasn't saying it wasn't impressive, he was saying the heats streak was better, because they didn't lose, the blackhawks still lost in in those 4 games is what he was saying.

Well that's on ESPN trying to compare a winning streak to a points streak. Two different things.

70389454.png

OT, but this is why i ignore ESPN now. this is their downfall

getting guys who don't know a sport to talk about that sport

I dont want to hears SAS talk hockey. I don't want to hear Jalen Rose talk NFL. I don't want to hear Marcellus Wiley talk MLB

Astros being that high is a joke. Also Jays and A's are the 2 best sets in the AL imo and should be seeded way higher. Dont agree with Tigers being top AL, but I agree with Cards as the top NL.

Archived