NHL 1970s Style - Ottawa Senators Added!

JCRGraphix

I decided to do something a little different. Instead of designing a new uniform for a team, I decided to create an old one. So here are my mid 70s Atlanta Thrashers. The uniforms are based on the Padres' baseball uniforms of the 1970s.atlanta_zpsa7d07dff.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty good, but I am questioned as to why the use of old Padres colors?

Because 70's = dirty gold and brown.

Probably from the haze of the 'marinated steak sandwiches.'

But anyway, save the yellow pants, I quite like these. Correct me if Im wrong, but that would probably be a pretty unique striping pattern back then.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Honestly, I went with the Padres colors because not only is it a very stereotypical 1970s color scheme, but they are also very hot, summer-ish colors that fit a team in the deep south well.

It's pretty good, but I am questioned as to why the use of old Padres colors?

Because 70's = dirty gold and brown.

Probably from the haze of the 'marinated steak sandwiches.'

But anyway, save the yellow pants, I quite like these. Correct me if Im wrong, but that would probably be a pretty unique striping pattern back then.

Yeah, the striping pattern would have been quite unique to hockey, but not to all . I recently saw a cool hockey concept based on Houston Astros baseball uniforms, and so I decided to try some 1970s baseball inspired designs.

I think avocado would work better than brown, personally, but I like them.

There is ONE problem that, historically, NEEDS to be fixed: hemline stripes. They truly were a necessity then, and they should be added here.

Really digging the logo, though, that's perfect for the era

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

NO!!!!! NO PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!

why? His concept is better than anything the thrashers had in existence.

Do like that thrasher georgia logo. Not sold on the color scheme but I could have seen them jump on the 'cool things of the 70's' bandwagon before overhauling in the 80's.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Actually, those Sox uniform are from the 80s. I think it was 1983 they were introduced. The Sox are wearing them as Sunday alternates this year.

EDIT: My bad, it was 1982. The 70s had the Sox introduce the "softball shorts" uniform. There would be a concept, a hockey team in shorts!

While I don't find the colour scheme appealing at all as a fan, it's fitting for that era and very believable.

Although like most teams, I'd like to think the Ducks would've had a logo as opposed to a wordmark in the 70's. I'd certainly be interested in seeing how you would interpret that.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived