Minor leagues using parent club logos...

hormone

july-6-chukars-1-w.jpg

That sleeve patch is what the Rockies need to adopt as their own. that is really nice! I love that script on it.

Also, the Gwinnett Braves annoy me. They have the same name as their parent club, and use the same logos pretty much. While I like the cap logo, I hate the primary.

Primary

hhceti4s0ozc5f38qwxzta39x.gif

Cap

bfg7dlt4y3eixk7phx1q9066w.gif

The Rome Braves (save for the logo & their lame alternate jersey) are identical to the Atlanta Braves. Uniforms and all. Belt loop piping and all.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I'm okay with a farm club using the parent's identity if they tweak it a little -- i.e. the Pawtucket Red Sox adopting a polar bear mascot and having slightly more modern jerseys than Boston. A little more creative, and the best way to be distinctive and holding a strong connection at the same time.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

july-6-chukars-1-w.jpg

That sleeve patch is what the Rockies need to adopt as their own. that is really nice! I love that script on it.

I've never been a fan of the whole "slanted underlined cursive name" thing on fronts of jerseys. I agree that the Rockies nees some sort of change, but I think going to a generic cursive script would be a downgrade

I like that the Rockford IceHogs' jerseys are pretty much carbon copies of the Blackhawks'. It may have something to do with that look being an all-time classic, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like it for established teams whose names aren't so local as to be incongruous outside the parent team's city. Cubs works, Marlins doesn't. Nothing but Braves down the line is pretty cool, but having it for the Mets would be weird. But once you get down to Short Season A and Rookie League, wgaf, really.

I like that the Rockford IceHogs' jerseys are pretty much carbon copies of the Blackhawks'. It may have something to do with that look being an all-time classic, though.

As do I, but I hate the name and logo immensely. We'd be much better off just calling them the Blackhawks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

july-6-chukars-1-w.jpg

I've never been a fan of the whole "slanted underlined cursive name" thing on fronts of jerseys. I agree that the Rockies nees some sort of change, but I think going to a generic cursive script would be a downgrade

I hate that sleeve patch because it reminds me of a logo from one of the worst BFBS sets of all time:

kansas_city_royals_logo_ball_wallpaper_-_1024x768.jpg

(sorry for the size)

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I don't mind it cause it's hard to remember which affiliates belong to who, especially when they switch every 2-4 years. At least with a patch on the sleeve it's easier to figure it out

040613-biddle-jesse-600.jpgblueclaws-opener.jpg

All five of the Phils' affiliates use some combination of navy and red, but Lehigh Valley, Clearwater and Williamsport don't use the Phils "P" logo while Reading and Lakewood do

There have been occasional rumors of new identities for the Iowa Cubs over the years, but they are usually met with a lot of negativity from the fans. As weird as it seems, I-Cubs fans truly embrace their role as a minor league team. They don't pretend to be something they're not, and in fact a lot of their marketing efforts are along the lines of: "watch future Chicago Cubs players before they make it big."

Most of their regular fans are primarily fans of the parent club and for the most part are more excited to see their players get promoted to Chicago than they are to see the I-Cubs win on a consistent basis. They see the I-Cubs as more of an extension of the Chicago Cubs rather than as a stand-alone franchise. They pride themselves in that connection, which is why changing their name to the River Dawgs or something like that doesn't really excite anybody at all. They may sell a few hats for a year or two, but it's not going to be something that anybody rallies around like they do with the Cubs.

Archived