American Football Worldwide - Mongolia

sc49erfan15

Next up from the random country generator: Mongolia. I swear I'm not picking obscure countries on purpose! But, I have to admit that I do find it fun making uniforms for less well-known nations instead of global powers.

Previously in American Football Worldwide:

mongolia_map.jpg

Mongolia is a landlocked country in Asia, sandwiched between Russia and China, and is the 19th largest country by area in the world. However, owing to its mountainous northern half and southern half dominated by the Gobi Desert, Mongolia is home to only 3.2 million people - making it the least densely populated nation on the globe, with only about 5 inhabitants per square mile. Around 30% of Mongolia's population is nomadic or semi-nomadic. The country has a long history - in the 1200-1300s, Mongolia was the origin of the largest contiguous land empire in world history. The Mongol Empire was assembled by a leader named Temujin, whom most of the world knows better by his assumed title, Genghis Khan. The last bits of the Mongol Empire were conquered by China in the 1600s, and present-day Mongolia was ruled by the Chinese until Mongolia declared independence in 1911. Owing to its location between Russia and China, Mongolia has been heavily influenced by both sides throughout its history - aligning with the USSR until its demise. Today, Mongolia is a relatively stable democracy, inhabited by a slight majority of Tibetan Buddhists, with no major conflicts or enemies.

Mongolia's main sports include horseback riding, archery, and Mongolian wrestling. Indeed, all 24 of Mongolia's medals have been won in Judo, Wrestling, Boxing, or Shooting. Until the 2008 Beijing Games, Mongolia had the distinction of being the most decorated nation never to win a gold - 2 golds were won by Mongolian athletes that year, breaking the streak. Mongolia's soccer team is currently ranked 185th (of 207) in the world, the national basketball team is unranked. Again, American football has little chance of ever catching on in Mongolia... but if it did...

MongoliaFootball_zpse39229d6.png

Mongolian soccer teams have featured quite a few color palettes, including red and white; red, white, and blue; and a double-blue scheme. Here, I went with red, white, and blue; keeping the yellow confined to the Soyombo symbol, the national symbol of Mongolia featured on its flag. I'm usually hesitant about putting such prominent national symbols on uniforms, but it's been featured on at least one Mongolian soccer shirt, so I considered it a go. As for the font, I was trying to steer away from "stereotypical Asian" but wanted at least some reminiscence of traditional Mongolian script. The Federation logos are in both English and Mongolian Cyrillic, as the Mongolian Football Federation features logos in both languages - but Cyrillic predominates.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Wonderful. The stripes really fit the team, though I think a little more blue would make it better. Maybe try to make the stripes blue with a white outline?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived