Rainbow Warriors Football Concept

kylenotryan

Figured I throw in my hat into the party. It's been a while since I worked on anything and forgot how to use Photoshop, so I did the following concepts in MS Paint. The design is a hybrid of sorts as I wanted to keep a blend of old and new in this concept. The "H" logo is retained as well as the current font, but I simplified it by removing the outline and other details. The rainbow is incorporated on the shoulders/sleeves of the jersey and arches from front to back, fading at the ends (kind of hard to see). The black is gone while green and white are the primary uniform colors. I simplified the template of the UA jersey, but kept the pants as is (plain with only the manufacturer and team logos). My main goal was to keep everything simple while honoring the various eras of the Hawaii football program (except for the Fighting Deans; don't really know much about that period). On to the concepts:

Home Primary

UAFBRainbowWarriorsHome_zps877a2ce0.png

Home Alternate

UAFBRainbowWarriorsHomeAlternate_zps3dfe82c2.png

Away Primary

UAFBRainbowWarriorsAway_zps532aa98b.png

Away Alternate

UAFBRainbowWarriorsAwayAlternate_zps27d0f3a3.png

Put rainbow stripes on the pants. For bonus points, use all 7 colors of the rainbow.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

OK, here are my updated concepts. I took a look at Under Armour's existing jersey template and noticed that the inserts below the shoulders from the sleeve cuffs to the collar form an arc like a rainbow (used 5 of the 7 colors). I also added a rainbow stripe along the centerline of the helmet, but left the "H" logo alone as the University chose to retain it as the school's athletic logo.

Home Primary

UAFBHIThrowbackHome_zps256352bd.png

Home Alternate

UAFBHIThrowbackHomeAlternate_zpse0a03f72.png

Away Primary

UAFBHIThrowbackAway_zps07028a60.png

Away Alternate

UAFBHIThrowbackAwayAlternate_zps53d2097d.png

C&C is welcomed. I'm working on a few more concepts and will post them as I can.

I think the stripe on the helmet might make it a little too busy. With all the colors there is just a lot going on from the shoulders up. I like how you kept the striping to just the jerseys on the first set. Otherwise, I like both of your ideas. Looking forward to the rest.

I think the stripe on the helmet might make it a little too busy. With all the colors there is just a lot going on from the shoulders up. I like how you kept the striping to just the jerseys on the first set. Otherwise, I like both of your ideas. Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks! Here are what the home and away primaries look like without the helmet stripe.

Home

5UAFBHIThrowbackHomePlainHelmet_zpsfe036817.png

Away

6UAFBHIThrowbackAwayPlainHelmet_zps3025754d.png

One more...the retro look on a modern UA template.

7UAFBHIRetroUniforms_zpsac0e1ab0.png

As for the lack of pants stripes on the previous concepts, I wanted to keep them simple without overwhelming the uniform with colors or becoming too gaudy, but I'll give it a try on future concepts. I'll try to avoid placing the rainbow on the butt/hamstring panel and perhaps keep them to the sides like the green stripe on the pants in the above concept.

Archived