GotPixels NFL Project 40 Plus- NFL2-Memphis Helmet Options

GotPixels

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thumbs up to this overall concept. The board needs more of this type of creativity IMO. The only complaint on the London concept (or actually, any others that might have it) is the colored collars. With the Nike flywire thing going on the collars are just too big to have a contrasting color. JMO. Really cool concept series here!!

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Dublin looks great. No major complaints here.

London's color palette has one too many. I'd remove the gold and go for a more regal look. Like white, silver, and burgundy, or something else that conveys clean and classy.

Midway.png

Gunners - As a spurs fan, I obviously hate the idea. It is unique though and is an interesting concept. I do think you have focused too much on Arsenal's current kit, which contains a lot more navy blue than their usual kits do. I do understand it though, especially given the colours used are the same as in the club crest.

Voyagers - Solid concept! Only part I do not like is the sublimation on the middle of the jersey.

Archers- Once again a solid concept. A good balance as it is definitely English without being over the top cheesy, medieval, we all live in castles etc.

Defenders- no complaints here - great identity. Something about the bird head seems a little off but only when you stare at it for a while trying to find fault.

Look forward to more!

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I love the idea of what you are doing, I guess I would say that I am not a fan of the names you are choosing. Personal preference I suppose.

London: Archers does not seem as strong as Monarchs was. It seems a natural for the UK.

Dublin: Voyagers sounds much too much like Voyageurs for me, which is a Canadian reference. You could do the obvious Clovers, Shamrocks,

Tartans, Gaels, etc. I like Wolves. There are no dog names in the NFL, which is amazing when you look at NCAA football.

Portland: Not that Tridents is bad, but Portland is not on the ocean, so it always strikes me as odd that people want to give it an aquatic name.

My top choice would be Rangers (a reference to forest rangers) a nice way to go between the logging images and the environmentalists.

Defenders: Not bad. I like Aces (airforce) or Rawhides (old west) but Defenders is pretty good.

This is not meant as a critique. I just think it is a matter of preference.

My one big issue is that I do not think the NFL, which is as big, as rich and more stable than the UK's Premier League, would ever allow one of its teams to be branded as a subsidiary of a UK soccer club, no matter how rich the owner was. NFL Properties would never allow it.

And the name Gunners, in today's society of gun violence and PC limitations, would never fly. Ask the Washington Bullets. All it would take is one major shooting in or near St. Louis and they would change that name in a flash.

I love the idea of what you are doing, I guess I would say that I am not a fan of the names you are choosing. Personal preference I suppose.

London: Archers does not seem as strong as Monarchs was. It seems a natural for the UK.

Dublin: Voyagers sounds much too much like Voyageurs for me, which is a Canadian reference. You could do the obvious Clovers, Shamrocks,

Tartans, Gaels, etc. I like Wolves. There are no dog names in the NFL, which is amazing when you look at NCAA football.

Portland: Not that Tridents is bad, but Portland is not on the ocean, so it always strikes me as odd that people want to give it an aquatic name.

My top choice would be Rangers (a reference to forest rangers) a nice way to go between the logging images and the environmentalists.

Defenders: Not bad. I like Aces (airforce) or Rawhides (old west) but Defenders is pretty good.

My one big issue is that I do not think the NFL, which is as big, as rich and more stable than the UK's Premier League, would ever allow one of its teams to be branded as a subsidiary of a UK soccer club, no matter how rich the owner was. NFL Properties would never allow it.

And the name Gunners, in today's society of gun violence and PC limitations, would never fly. Ask the Washington Bullets. All it would take is one major shooting in or near St. Louis and they would change that name in a flash.

Appreciate the feedback. I tried to layout the reasoning behind these nicknames in the presentation for each. I didn't toss darts if you will.

London- Monarchs has already been done. As I pointed out in the Presentation, Archers has historical significance.

Dublin- I wanted to get away from obvious and get out of the box. As I pointed out in the presentation, The Irish Voyagers, according to myth, travelled as far as North America. The connection makes sense.

Portland- A Goddess holding a Trident is the main symbol on Portland's city seal. As I stated in the presentation, it means pursuit of the sea.

San Antonio- Those who fought for the Independence of Texas were known as the Defenders of the Alamo.

St. Louis- "Gunners" relates to the Arsenal in St Louis. Cannons, not guns.

The presentation points out the historical connection of the Gunners nickname from 1934. The fact that Arsenal's nickname is the Gunners made this one pretty easy.

The concept is out there, but I do think that the NFL would consider ways to expand the brand to Europe. This could be one way to make a dent.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

I like the Portland concept. There is one thing dragging it down, and that is that the jerseys contain too much of white and the color and not enough of the other. That is, it's hard to tell which is a home jersey and which is an away jersey. I think there may even be a rule in place in the NFL regarding this.

I would say, get rid of the side panels that match the yoke and just do the yoke in the opposite color.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I really, really like it, but I feel like the update is pretty close to the Broncos now. If you wanted to go with the first option, you could switch the white stripe to orange, but that would make it even more similar.

spacer.png

I think all your names have been quite good. Monarchs is far too overused for London concepts, and it is indeed true that English longbow men were feared throughout the Medieval period for their prowess. I particularly like the Tridents name as well. Original and well-connected to the city.

The concepts are all looking good so far, but I will say that I have never much liked your Defenders logo. There just seems to be a bit too much going on, and some shapes I don't quite understand (like those under the bird's beak).

But other than that, great concepts and great presentation.

Archived