GotPixels NFL Project 40 Plus- NFL2-Memphis Helmet Options

GotPixels

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the super long post. I may have thought about this more than I should have. TL;DR is understandable haha

Glad to see you're thinking of adding three more. Love some of the choices. Looking at these on a map, it's kind of tough. I'm assuming Honolulu will be an Intl. team, unless you take my suggestion ;) and make Mexico City an Intl. team. Honolulu almost makes more sense considering the Dallas/Mexico City relationship you're trying to establish, and Honolulu is much closer to Tokyo and could create a "rivalry" there as well. I think Sydney would be a great addition, would love to see your take on an Aussie team, but with three teams on that side of the world it seems a little unbalanced. Having the other seven Intl. teams condensed to that "heart of Europe" area. If you add Sydney/Brisbane it almost seems like you'd need a China/S. Korea/New Zealand team (Shanghai/Beijing-Tokyo and Sydney-Honolulu rivalries almost speak for themselves) just to balance it out a little.

In my mind you either have 6 European teams or 8. 6 European and 4 Pacific I think is the best balance. Gives you 3 and 2 in each division, ensuring some rivalries and plenty of cross play/travel options. Tokyo, Honolulu, Sydney +1 more and then the current Europe teams plus either Berlin or Copenhagen.

However, I really like the idea of Barcelona and would love to see your Spanish inspired concept. BUT, going that far south in Europe from the rest of the cluster begs for some balance- which was surprising not to see any consideration for Paris/France and/or Rome/Italy. Scotland/Dublin is a nice Celtic battle, London/Paris is ages old, Barcelona and Rome would be interesting considering they are almost on the same latitude across the bay if you will, Copenhagen and Amsterdam, and then East vs West Germany with Berlin and Frankfurt.

Love this whole concept and thread. It'd be great if the NFL actually did anything like this.

Appreciate all of the though that you put into this. Now you may understand why I said that my eyes were bleeding. It is a slippery slope when you start adding a team here and there.

All along I have tried to keep this as realistic as possible. That is why I followed the path of previous league ventures into Europe. If we are honest, Barcelona is a real big reach. They didn't support the Dragons very well at all. For that matter I would say that France could probably careless about American football. Same for Italy. I also don't think that there would be any scenario that would see an NFL franchise associated with China.

A second team in Australia could be a possibility..........

Easily understandable points. A second Australia team would certainly work, but with so much territory having a team in Sydney and in Brisbane seems a bit of a waste of an opportunity. Personally, I think New Zealand would be sweet. Just thinking about all the things you could do with the Maori influence.

5exu75.jpg2i1dojp.jpg

Easily understandable points. A second Australia team would certainly work, but with so much territory having a team in Sydney and in Brisbane seems a bit of a waste of an opportunity. Personally, I think New Zealand would be sweet. Just thinking about all the things you could do with the Maori influence.

Eh, might be fun for a single concept but not for this series.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Welcome to the Tier.

This phase will have quite a bit of setup before the team concepts will be revealed.

There will be some fun stuff to take in before we get to that point though. It was challenging to sort through the details of a minor

league development system. I applied five W's. Who, what, when and where. I also tossed in an “H.” How?

Obviously there will be some gaps to fill in, but hopefully it is straight forward.

One thing of note, there will be a healthy mixture of letters included in the primary logo designs.

Once you sort through the introduction, it will be easier to understand why I decided to go this route.

Also, there will be no cross ownership by NFL owners. Their family members however, will be able to obtain franchises with their own assets. Nice loophole already.

I will roll this presentation out throughout the day then I'm finding the sun this weekend. I will begin rolling out the concepts sometime next week.

As always a special thanks to the template makers, especially “dmhtfld” for the use of his template in this phase of the project.

Welcome to the Tier.
The first organized tier-based player development system to be instituted by the NFL in the spring of 2025.

anxp.jpg

Good Start This Here are More Ideas of My Teams (Sources from Chipperback's Stuff over at AlternateHistory.com Including the Willa Cather Thing)

Note: Affiliation in Parenthesis

Agana Beach Bandits (You Decide the Affiliation!)

Albuquerque Aztecs (Mexico City Aztecs?)

Baton Rouge Cajuns (New Orleans Saints)

Boise Steelheads (Portland Tridents)

Cheyenne Cavalry (Denver Broncos)

Davenport Power (You Decide the Affiliation!)

Las Cruces Lancers (You Decide the Affiliaton!)

Las Vegas Blackjacks (Arizona Cardinals)

Los Angeles Express (Los Angeles Rams - If LA Wants a 2nd Team in the Minors if not move to Anaheim or Riverside and keep the Express Name for the Minors only)

Rio Grande Valley Bandits (Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans or San Antonio D-Fenders)

San Juan Gigantors (New York Giants, I Think?)

Sioux Falls Stags (You Decide the Affiliation!)

Shreveport Pirates (New Orleans Saints)

Texarkana Zorros (You Decide the Affiliation!)

Topeka Scarecrows (Kansas City Chiefs)

Wichita Warriors (Kansas City Chiefs)

West Texas Twisters (Dallas Cowboys, I Guess?)

And One Extra Idea that i'm thinking of: San Jose Invaders (San Francisco 49ers or Oakland Raiders)

Is it Okay?

Good Start This Here are More Ideas of My Teams (Sources from Chipperback's Stuff over at AlternateHistory.com Including the Willa Cather Thing)

Note: Affiliation in Parenthesis

Agana Beach Bandits (You Decide the Affiliation!)

Albuquerque Aztecs (Mexico City Aztecs?)

Baton Rouge Cajuns (New Orleans Saints)

Boise Steelheads (Portland Tridents)

Cheyenne Cavalry (Denver Broncos)

Davenport Power (You Decide the Affiliation!)

Las Cruces Lancers (You Decide the Affiliaton!)

Las Vegas Blackjacks (Arizona Cardinals)

Los Angeles Express (Los Angeles Rams - If LA Wants a 2nd Team in the Minors if not move to Anaheim or Riverside and keep the Express Name for the Minors only)

Rio Grande Valley Bandits (Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans or San Antonio D-Fenders)

San Juan Gigantors (New York Giants, I Think?)

Sioux Falls Stags (You Decide the Affiliation!)

Shreveport Pirates (New Orleans Saints)

Texarkana Zorros (You Decide the Affiliation!)

Topeka Scarecrows (Kansas City Chiefs)

Wichita Warriors (Kansas City Chiefs)

West Texas Twisters (Dallas Cowboys, I Guess?)

And One Extra Idea that i'm thinking of: San Jose Invaders (San Francisco 49ers or Oakland Raiders)

Is it Okay?

Please stop. That is about as nice as I can say it.

Archived