mbannon's NBA Concepts - Sonics AND Kings (What?!)

mbannon92

I've decided to make a master thread for compiling my random NBA concepts. So...yeah, here we go.

Los Angeles Clippers

Logos | Home | Road | Alt | Court

Phoenix Suns

Dallas Mavericks

Home | Road | Alt | Court

Indiana Pacers

Home | Road | Alt 1 | Alt 2 | Alt 3 | Court

Seattle Supersonics

Sacramento Kings

My first new team on here is the Mavs. I WILL NOT be submitting it to that weasel Cuban, but I thought I'd still throw something together. First and foremost I brought back green, with their current royal remaining the primary color and navy being relegated to tertiary. I really like the "Mavs" wordmark on their current alternates, so I used that and created a "Mavericks" and "Dallas" wordmark in the same style. As for the design I went with simple rounded side stripes with the primary logo on each side of the shorts.

Dallas Mavericks

Home | Road | Alt | Court

Alright, guess no one cares about the Mavs.

So I'll move on to my Pacers. I've always loved their early-mid 90s uniforms, so I decided to bring those back with the current font and logo set. The wordmarks switch from all caps and arched to lowercase and italic, mimicking the 90s set. Since there aren't any asymmetrical unis left in the NBA, I feel that this gives the Pacers a more unique look.

As for the yellow alt, I'm undecided. The first is just a recoloring of the home and road. The second is sort of a fauxback to the pinstripe set, while the third is a fauxback to the late 80s set. So help me choose one of the three.

Also, I fixed their horrendous court, returning blue to the base- and sidelines and yellow to the lane.

Indiana Pacers

Home | Road | Alt 1 | Alt 2 | Alt 3 | Court

Before signing up I had a look round and by the far the best concept uni i've seen is your LAC revamp, i love the classic feel to it, very professional. I'd love to see what else you come up with, hopefully a revamp of the Kings logo/uni or the Raptors.

Alright, here comes a double dose for you guys. The first is a Sonics concept I did a few months back when it looked like the Kings would be leaving Sac-Town. I went a little retro for this one, bringing back an updated version of the skyline/half-ball logo they had for so many years. The uniforms feature the classic arched stripe on the front, and thin piping leads down to the pants, which feature a similar, but straight, stripe along the back of the shorts. The court has dark, two-tone wood.

Seattle Supersonics

But now that the Kings are staying put, and thanks to gwils95's suggestion, I also put together a Kings concept. First and foremost I made the colors purple and gold with black relegated to trim, making for a brighter and more regal color scheme. The primary logo draws from the Kings old logo, with crown-wordmark-basketball from top to bottom. The secondary logo is based on the current secondary, but altered to reflect the new look. The uniforms are fairly simple, with single-color wordmarks and numbers and gold, pointed stripes on the jersey and shorts. The alternate is a recoloring of the Kings' early 90s set, featuring the beautiful Kings cursive script.

Sacramento Kings

The Clippers and Pacers are your best work. The Clippers court is really, really great. Love the fonts.

The Suns, Sonics, and Mavs are nice, but it's the fonts that are kind of holding them back. They're not terrible by any means.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Great to see my suggestion was take on board and your work is beautiful, glad to see you incorporated the gold more to give it a more regal look, the black never really worked in my honest opinion. As for the Sonics, it's not hugely orginal but it is what it is, a classic, timeless design which you've put a more modern spin on. Speaking of the Seattle franchise, i'd love to see if there was anything to be done in regards to the OKC Thunder that doesn't involve uffalo or actual thunder, just a suggestion. Simply amazing work, keep it up!

I do think the Kings' home and road uniforms may look better with a similar trim design as the alternate around the neck.

Also i'd love to see how you could change the houston rockets' brand/logo/uni's away from the current one, bringing back the classic "Dream" era look.

• 5 months later...

Any other opinions?

The Seattle tertiary "S" logo looks cool. Reminds me of the Stanford logo, but with the Space Needle completely contained within the S.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived