NYC FC Branding

ksupilot

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also like this one, for a more modern feel:

mynycfc_concept_p_michalowi.png

Nice secondary logo in the bottom left corner, too.

Here's a better look at that secondary, as well as a flat version without the gradient.

mynycfc_concept_p_michalowicz_flat.png

Nice work but (pet peeve) I don't get why the need for the black ball version. The primary with white/blue ball works on any background due to the black and white outlines in the shield.

I agree. The photo-negative version is unnecessary.

The designer seems to agree - he posted this revised all-in-one:

mynycfc_concept_p_michalowicz_allinone.p

And updated flat:

mynycfc_concept_p_michalowicz_final.png

Very nice. Other teams that feel the need to include a ball (Earthquakes) should take a look at this. A great way to use a ball without just sticking it on something. Incorporate it into the actual design. Well done.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't blown away by that crest when I first saw it. After it was brought to my attention that it's based on a viewfinder though? Perfect.

Agreed. The inspiration in the shield shape from the view finder is genius.

gYH2mW9.png

Yep.

I'm guessing that something like this might have been the problem:

nycfc_brand_id_skyblue_23_o.jpg

Shame, because I love that monogram.

It could have been a number of things. I would think the Yankees don't have a copyright on the general concept of an interlocking NY right? I mean the Mets have one, and didn't the Knicks use a similar one too.

I hope, because I love that monogram too

They were - that was the issue.

NYCFC was trying to put a logo contest together in just a couple weeks. Tall order. Had they given it a few more weeks from the start, these things would have happened behind the scenes and we'd never know about it.

I'm trying to say that the MCFC and Yankee lawyers should have been working together so that this slightly embarrassing incident wouldn't have even happened.

I know it's not much of a big deal in the grand scheme of things (especially if the logo is good) but these lawyers are paid a lot of money and probably should be more on the ball.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Yes, but again I'm not sure we can say that they weren't working together.

Three weeks from concept to unveiling is a pretty fast timeline. I don't think it's surprising at all that it hit a snag.

The only embarrassing thing is that they didn't announce the delay themselves. "due to the amazing response and fantastic ideas, we have extended our deadline..."

Archived