ksupilot

NYC FC Branding

Round all the way. Looks like the rounded one was the one that was originally designed and the other was just thrown in there so they could say they included the fans.

There were SEVERAL identities out on the web that were much better than either. But, of the 2, I would also pick the roundel.

I am usually a shield guy... but the design elements don't fit with this one. Roundel 100%

The one on the right is a sick logo. And that color scheme is awesome and unique. And I am a Red Bulls fan.

The roundel is clearly the way to go when choosing between the two badges that New York City FC offered up. Alas, it seems like a cheap knock-off when compared to THIS beauty...

nycfc_brand_id_skyblue_23_o.jpg

The roundel is clearly the way to go when choosing between the two badges that New York City FC offered up. Alas, it seems like a cheap knock-off when compared to THIS beauty...

nycfc_brand_id_skyblue_23_o.jpg

I certainly remember and did post at that time that its was too much "yankesque".

I like the NYC monogram (unpopular opinion?).

Either way, it was clearly designed for a roundel... that's what they should go with.

I have to vote for the roundel.

Though I'm a bit surprised to see them go with orange considering the fact that the Yankees are partial owners and the Mets wear orange.

The roundel . . . and it isn't even close, IMO.

That said, the monogram is disappointing. The letters are way too thin.

My first thought when seeing the original roundel was that the NY wouldn't pass the Yankees' sniff test, as odd as that seems considering their stake in this.

Orange is a surprise, but a welcome one. Adds another color scheme rather than recycling an existing MLS look. I'd expect the orange to be played down, though, so I'm pretty sure this vote is fixed for the roundel.

Both don't seem to be overly Man City at least, so that's encouraging. It'd be unfortunate to have both NY metro teams in MLS as franchise outposts.

Orange?! Booooo.

Anywho, the option on the right is superior, imo.

Orange and blue are classic New York sports colours. The orange also differentiates them from Vancouver and Sporting KC. I do agree that the roundel is the better option of the two though.

Yeah, roundel is the choice but its a missed opportunity of a real nice logo IMHO.

Roundel all the way. The de-Yankee-fied monogram isn't terrible by any means. I like it well enough. The orange doesn't bother me either. Vancouver and KC use the double blue scheme, so throw in some orange to help NYCFC's identity stand out. It's an appropriate colour choice given the city's heritage.

A lot of people are saying that the circle one is a ripoff of the old Inter badge but I'm not buying it. There are enough differences between the two to differentiate them.

InterMilan-Logo-300x300.jpgBiYMzzgCAAAtxZf.png

Yeah, I'm not seeing that either. You could make the claim for any number of roundels.

Yeah, I think any similarity is due to the genre, not a ripoff. But seeing them side by side does provide some clarity into what makes a good monogram, at least for me -- less empty space.

Now I'm seeing idiots comparing it to Real Madrid.

313872d1361701041-barcelona-vs-real-madr

I+CAN+T+HANDLE+THIS+HIGH+FEEL+FREQUENCY+

Both are solid designs that put them in the top 5 in MLS logos. I hope the usage of orange is prominent as well. Excited to see what the fans vote on.