NYC FC Branding

ksupilot

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people are saying that the circle one is a ripoff of the old Inter badge but I'm not buying it. There are enough differences between the two to differentiate them.

InterMilan-Logo-300x300.jpgBiYMzzgCAAAtxZf.png

It is pretty close though. I think it's the "more than 2 interlocking letterforms that include a big C" and the circle combo that make it so similar. So basic, can't really say rip off but still I think most would admit it's very close. Now if their uniforms have vertical stripes, that will be too much.

A lot of people are saying that the circle one is a ripoff of the old Inter badge but I'm not buying it. There are enough differences between the two to differentiate them.

InterMilan-Logo-300x300.jpgBiYMzzgCAAAtxZf.png

It is pretty close though. I think it's the "more than 2 interlocking letterforms that include a big C" and the circle combo that make it so similar. So basic, can't really say rip off but still I think most would admit it's very close. Now if their uniforms have vertical stripes, that will be too much.

I see some reminiscent forms but nothing that says rip off.

I just read that the event will be held at the adidas store on houston and Broadway. Maybe I'll drop by. Reyna will be there.

Doubt it will be open to the public...they don't want to have the normal rifraff there, especially RBNY supporters :P

I just read that the event will be held at the adidas store on houston and Broadway. Maybe I'll drop by. Reyna will be there.

Doubt it will be open to the public...they don't want to have the normal rifraff there, especially RBNY supporters :P

I think some Cosmos fans would be more vocal than Red Bull fans if it was open to the public.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I think some Cosmos fans would be more vocal than Red Bull fans if it was open to the public.

You might be right but RBNY supporters but might put up a bit of vocal defiance.

Yes, the same Helvetica Black used by Man City was their initial default. NYCFC is now using Gotham in its crest, though, so that font will presumably factor heavily into the club's branding across the board soon enough.

Yep, a round crest will add diversity to the overall league, its gonna be fine.

"Fine", sure. I myself prefer the other one, but there's nothing wrong with the circle.

Yes, the same Helvetica Black used by Man City was their initial default. NYCFC is now using Gotham in its crest, though, so that font will presumably factor heavily into the club's branding across the board soon enough.

Yep, a round crest will add diversity to the overall league, its gonna be fine.

"Fine", sure. I myself prefer the other one, but there's nothing wrong with the circle.

Thanks for the font clarification Gothamite.

Archived