NYC FC Branding

ksupilot

There are a couple of other 'combo' Uniteds in the English Leagues...

• Rotherham United, formed from the the merger of Rotherham County and Rotherham Town.
  • Torquay United, formed from Torquay Town and Babbacombe - although the waters are muddied somewhat as Town were the result of a previous merger in which one of the teams already carried the United suffix.
  • We could also count Hartlepool United - formerly Hartlepools United - named to represent the twin towns of Hartlepool and West Hartlepool.
  • There was also the now defunct Burton United, formed from Burton Swifts and Burton Wanderers.

In the main though, 'United' has become a generic name in the same way as Rovers or Town/City. What the MLS really needs, however, is a 'Stanley'. ;)

Accrington Stanley, who are they?

Exactly!

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure NYCFC will play in a corporate-branded stadium. Red Bull Arena, from the looks of it!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If we're talking about Atlanta, Silverbacks is the right choice. But I like continuity, even if it's a somewhat-silly name.

Primate United :P

I don't get the joke

Poking fun at the Euro vs North American name debate. Also, possibly the name of a soccer club on Planet of the Apes.

According to their twitter, some merch will be available this summer and kits will be unveiled in the fall.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

This is a good indicator of why some people in the area feel that Red Bull haven't done enough to engage the city.

http://www.onceametro.com/2014/4/15/5617168/jerome-de-bontin-resigns-red-bulls-strategic-differences-general-manager-marc-de-grandpre

Even though I despise Mansour (my sole reason for not supporting NYCFC) I have to say that NYC isn't going to be that hard for the blues (or whatever nickname comes up for them) to conquer if they keep on doing what they are doing and can field a good team on the field from the jump.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Ouch. I've said it before; NYCFC was made absolutely necessary by Red Bull's utter failure to engage the soccer community in New York.

This guy had some interesting ideas - wonder what was it that the Austrians objected to?

The guy that replaced him did come up with an idea of engaging NYC fans by having interns run around with horns and act like total morons years ago.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• 3 weeks later...

This David Villa shirsey probably isn't a great indication of what the kits will look like, but it's a good opportunity to get one before a sponsor logo is slapped on it.

Wow I'm late, I had no idea they signed David Villa. That's awesome. What a good get for the MLS in general. Someone bring Ibrahimovic to DC U

90758391980.gif

All these pictures make New York City look phenomenal to a suburban kid like me. Definitely some cool advertisements for New York.

I'm assuming the kit they eventually unveil won't be much different than what has already been released. I can't imagine them adding any stripes or lines other than maybe the usual Adidas default lines.

I like the number font and the crest looks pretty good, so far so good for the new New York side.

All these pictures make New York City look phenomenal to a suburban kid like me. Definitely some cool advertisements for New York.

I'm assuming the kit they eventually unveil won't be much different than what has already been released. I can't imagine them adding any stripes or lines other than maybe the usual Adidas default lines.

I like the number font and the crest looks pretty good, so far so good for the new New York side.

We'll see. The font is league-wide, so we know they'll use it. They've confirmed a sky blue shirt, the rest is all speculation, although I'm hoping for as simple a design as Adidas can provide.

Archived