ksupilot

NYC FC Branding

Based on that shirsey a clean sky blue look would be very nice, but I just kinda hope they utilize the orange accents a bit more than the navy (aside from numbers). I think that could pop off quite a bit.

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with it, I'd just prefer a strictly local sponsor. And not the same one as Man City.

*shrugs* I stand by what I said.

Thats fine. I would rather expect you to, taking you seriously. I respect opinions even when I don't share.

But orange? That I can't respect. ;). Double blues, baby!

I noticed that Etihad is already sponsoring features on the MLS website so I assumed some degree of involvement is a given.

As for the shirsey, I'm not sure about soccer shirseys... would make a great on-field shirt but on a t-shirt, looks blank. I'd have liked to see the crest larger and centered I guess. And I can't believe I'm critiquing shirsey design right now.

Etihad is the official airline of MLS. Most presume it was a prelude to NYCFC shirt sponsorship. Including me. But rumor now is that it isn't so...

And here's the new crest for NYCFC's Australian cousin, Melbourne City. Something seems familiar...

00090757-leadimage.jpg

Yeah, not a fan of that.

Once again, I wish we had voted for the other crest shape. It would have been strictly New York, and couldn't have served as a branding template for sister clubs.

myNYCFCcrest_Ivote.png

Did the same person design both teams (NYCFC & Melbourne City) logos or did the person designing the Melbourne City logo either decide to be lazy and copy NYCFC or was told by MCFC to copy NYCFC? The thing. that caught my eye that was interesting was the fact that NYCFC and Melbourne City have different shades of light blue and that having gold on top of white is always terrible to look at.

Melbourne_City_Logo.png200px-New_York_City_FC.svg.png

The person designing the Melbourne logo started with NYC's logo and worked out from there.

As for the different shades of blue, you can't infer that from web graphics. They could have been intended to be identical.

Hello, folks:

The uniform is ugly. The name is even uglier. The logo? Beyond stupid.

Do you remember the people who posted on this thread saying that the NASL went too far in "Americanizing" soccer? Well, the MLS and it's teams have gone too far in "Euroizing" it's teams.

Major turnoff. Poor marketing. Bad strategy.

As you said before. It was no more true then than it is now.

You may find it a turnoff. But the numbers indicate that you're increasingly alone in that. So, good strategy.

What uniform? They haven't unveiled any uniforms.

He forgot to remove that part from his cut and paste style of posting

We know they won't wear the same kits; NYCFC will be in sky blue shirts and there's no reason for them to wear red and white stripes on their change kits.

That Melbourne City logo looks like such a forced piece of corporate garbage that it actually sickens me. Surprised the A-League allowed that to happen.

I'm really hoping Manchester City didn't set the bar when it comes to big EPL clubs buying out lower league teams. I do not want to see Arsenal FC Los Angeles or anything remotely similar.

NYCFC is borderline acceptable, anything further is over-kill.

And on that, we agree.

So far, NYCFC has been far enough from Manchester City that it hasn't bothered me.

And here's the new crest for NYCFC's Australian cousin, Melbourne City. Something seems familiar...

00090757-leadimage.jpg

I wonder if anyone caught the former Melbourne Heart crest shape on the sides.

That Melbourne City logo looks like such a forced piece of corporate garbage that it actually sickens me. Surprised the A-League allowed that to happen.

I'm really hoping Manchester City didn't set the bar when it comes to big EPL clubs buying out lower league teams. I do not want to see Arsenal FC Los Angeles or anything remotely similar.

NYCFC is borderline acceptable, anything further is over-kill.

And on that, we agree.

So far, NYCFC has been far enough from Manchester City that it hasn't bothered me.

I just hope Citeh doesn't buy majority ownership of Yokohama F. Marinos from Nissan and make a crest similar to NYCFC and Melbourne City. It would diminish NYCFC's individual brand by having two sister teams with very similar logos (Melbourne's crappy logo already diminishes it a little bit).

I know City Group wants to have a united look for their teams by naming them "City" and wearing light blue but each club must be allowed to form its own separate identity (unlike all of Red Bull's clubs for instance).

00090757-leadimage.jpg

I wonder if anyone caught the former Melbourne Heart crest shape on the sides.

That's the thing I like best about it.