NYC FC Branding

ksupilot

Based on that shirsey a clean sky blue look would be very nice, but I just kinda hope they utilize the orange accents a bit more than the navy (aside from numbers). I think that could pop off quite a bit.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that Etihad is already sponsoring features on the MLS website so I assumed some degree of involvement is a given.

As for the shirsey, I'm not sure about soccer shirseys... would make a great on-field shirt but on a t-shirt, looks blank. I'd have liked to see the crest larger and centered I guess. And I can't believe I'm critiquing shirsey design right now.

Did the same person design both teams (NYCFC & Melbourne City) logos or did the person designing the Melbourne City logo either decide to be lazy and copy NYCFC or was told by MCFC to copy NYCFC? The thing. that caught my eye that was interesting was the fact that NYCFC and Melbourne City have different shades of light blue and that having gold on top of white is always terrible to look at.

Melbourne_City_Logo.png200px-New_York_City_FC.svg.png

The person designing the Melbourne logo started with NYC's logo and worked out from there.

As for the different shades of blue, you can't infer that from web graphics. They could have been intended to be identical.

Hello, folks:

The uniform is ugly. The name is even uglier. The logo? Beyond stupid.

Do you remember the people who posted on this thread saying that the NASL went too far in "Americanizing" soccer? Well, the MLS and it's teams have gone too far in "Euroizing" it's teams.

Major turnoff. Poor marketing. Bad strategy.

That Melbourne City logo looks like such a forced piece of corporate garbage that it actually sickens me. Surprised the A-League allowed that to happen.

I'm really hoping Manchester City didn't set the bar when it comes to big EPL clubs buying out lower league teams. I do not want to see Arsenal FC Los Angeles or anything remotely similar.

NYCFC is borderline acceptable, anything further is over-kill.

That Melbourne City logo looks like such a forced piece of corporate garbage that it actually sickens me. Surprised the A-League allowed that to happen.

I'm really hoping Manchester City didn't set the bar when it comes to big EPL clubs buying out lower league teams. I do not want to see Arsenal FC Los Angeles or anything remotely similar.

NYCFC is borderline acceptable, anything further is over-kill.

And on that, we agree.

So far, NYCFC has been far enough from Manchester City that it hasn't bothered me.

I just hope Citeh doesn't buy majority ownership of Yokohama F. Marinos from Nissan and make a crest similar to NYCFC and Melbourne City. It would diminish NYCFC's individual brand by having two sister teams with very similar logos (Melbourne's crappy logo already diminishes it a little bit).

I know City Group wants to have a united look for their teams by naming them "City" and wearing light blue but each club must be allowed to form its own separate identity (unlike all of Red Bull's clubs for instance).

And here's the new crest for NYCFC's Australian cousin, Melbourne City. Something seems familiar...

00090757-leadimage.jpg

I wonder if anyone caught the former Melbourne Heart crest shape on the sides.

That's the thing I like best about it.

Archived