NYC FC Branding

ksupilot

The combination of sky blue shirts/white shorts/ sky blue socks (I presume) is one I really like, so I don't have any complaints about the kit in itself - but it would have been nice to have seen something a little more individual to NYCFC rather than a straight extension of the parent club's 'brand'.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The combination of sky blue shirts/white shorts/ sky blue socks (I presume) is one I really like, so I don't have any complaints about the kit in itself - but it would have been nice to have seen something a little more individual to NYCFC rather than a straight extension of the parent club's 'brand'.

I agree. I was hoping for something a bit more creative.

An exact clone of the parent club just seems.........kinda "cop-out-ish", but there could be terms and conditions that were set in place behind closed doors.

**IT'S A SOUTHERN THING, LOVE...**

I am very disappointed by the main NYCFC jersey. I thought they would at least pull a Melbourne City and try to make it somewhat different from Manchester City.

The only reason Melbourne City isn't a copy of Man City is that the A-League told them they couldn't be a primarily sky blue team, since Sydney is already positioned as a sky blue team.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Some orange would've been nice....

...Maybe this sets up the change kit to be navy-based with orange accents....

(Or so one can hope.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Maybe its just the photos presented but the kit looks like it has a "sheen" to it...material maybe?

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I would like to have seen some orange trim, perhaps on the ends of the sleeves. I have no philosophical problem with the uniform being a copy of Man City's; it's just that orange is an NYC FC team colour, whereas it is not a Man City team colour.

An interesting thing might have been to put the Adidas stripes in navy-white-orange, in the pattern of the New York City flag. Though I admit that that might have looked too gaudy.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I love it, I WILL be getting one. It's just a shame that they look more like Manchester City than Manchester City does. (Sky shirt with white accents, White shorts and Navy socks is the ideal City look for most supporters.)

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Archived