Rare team matchups

1 hour ago, DoubleStraps said:

Oh man, this one is reeeeally, really good. I would have never guessed that these two uniforms ever overlapped. I always associate this Leafs uniform with the 70s and 80s and the Sharks, obviously with the 90s. 

If the Sharks played the Devils in 1991-92, it would have also been a rare matchup of the Sharks and the red and green Devils. That would have been the only year of overlap. Same with the green Whalers uniforms.

The Sharks did play the Devils/Whalers in 1991-92, but it's hard to find photos of such

jc9kv3g20u48ibz2za78gt6bg.gif -and- u4ay5i0ft6rz7w7fhebh96fe8.gif

I can't find any game pics, but in light of this year's NBA Finals matchup, these two uniform sets concided during the 1992-93 season only; they only met for two games that season, and it was the first year of that Suns set, and the last for the "Irish Rainbow" Bucks set.

After further review....

Phoenix Suns Uniform Home Uniform (2000/01-2012/13) - 'Suns' in purple on white. SportsLogos.Net-and- tjjmupchpoiq9pwwa91glla1f.gif

These two uniform sets coincided as well in the 2000-01 season only. Like above, it was the first year of this new set for the Suns, last year of this set for the Bucks.

• Like 1

UBwef0L.png

On 7/3/2021 at 9:06 PM, johnnysama said:

jc9kv3g20u48ibz2za78gt6bg.gif -and- u4ay5i0ft6rz7w7fhebh96fe8.gif

I can't find any game pics, but in light of this year's NBA Finals matchup, these two uniform sets concided during the 1992-93 season only; they only met for two games that season, and it was the first year of that Suns set, and the last for the "Irish Rainbow" Bucks set.

After further review....

Phoenix Suns Uniform Home Uniform (2000/01-2012/13) - 'Suns' in purple on white. SportsLogos.Net-and- tjjmupchpoiq9pwwa91glla1f.gif

These two uniform sets coincided as well in the 2000-01 season only. Like above, it was the first year of this new set for the Suns, last year of this set for the Bucks.

charles-barkley-of-the-phoenix-suns-dunk

Follow-up to this post, we found a game pic one of those two 1992-93 games; this is the March 25, 1993 game between the Suns and Bucks. IMO, this is how this year's NBA Finals should look.

• Like 5

UBwef0L.png

On 7/7/2021 at 11:02 PM, FaZe_EraZe77 said:

NHL:

Barons and Rockies

Panthers and Thrashers

Thrashers and Blue Jackets

Which specific uniform match-up?? Because both of these were pretty common. The Panthers and the Thrashers were in the same division for quite some time too. So their matchups should even be with almost every jersey in both teams’ histories. 

A rare matchup for the Thrashers would actually be the Caps blue sweater from the bronze and blue era. The Caps retired those after the Thrashers inaugural year. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 5:53 PM, pepis21 said:

Bad Boys Pistons uni meets T-Mac Magic uni on a Pistons Teal era court and Bison Dele was still a Brian Williams.

So let me get this straight, the Pistons changed from the Bad Boys uniforms in 1996 then proceeded to wear them again in 1999? I looked it up and it was "Bad Boys Reunion Night" in the arena. Why wear something you just got rid of? All that's gonna do is annoy the fans.

bSLCtu2.png