Rare team matchups

JagsOilersWin.JPG

Faulk+1999.jpg

The Oilers used those same basic unis for the first 4 years of the Jags' existence, during which they were division rivals; and the Rams and Browns had those same basic looks going all the way back to the 1970s. Not sure that qualifies either for this thread.

I'm a huge Kings fan but I hadn't seen this clip until recently. What really surprised me was that at 0:40 there is a brief clip of the Kings and Flyers from 1967 where both teams wore their home uniforms: Purple (Forum blue) vs Orange.

Was this rare or was it because Gold vs Orange would have been worse?

I'm a huge Kings fan but I hadn't seen this clip until recently. What really surprised me was that at 0:40 there is a brief clip of the Kings and Flyers from 1967 where both teams wore their home uniforms: Purple (Forum blue) vs Orange.

Was this rare or was it because Gold vs Orange would have been worse?

They clearly got over it by the 2:27 mark, but I've often said that gold and orange don't clash enough. On TVs of the 70s, I can imagine them wanting the Kings to wear darks against the orange Flyers, but i've never seen them do it either.

• Like 1

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see pics (if they exist) of the San Jose Sharks against the 1994 U.S. Olympic Hockey team from their exhibition game in San Jose on Jan 8 1994.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96570-2014-2015-nhl-jerseylogo-changes/?p=2268327

Yeah I sorta walked into that one lol. Thank you for the direct link though. I came across it over the weekend and was hoping there might be another pic.

Final year of the old-school Winnipeg Jets against the Fishsticks

The worst thing in that clip is the Islanders use of Rock and Roll, Pt. 1, which they used for a long time. I never understood it.

• 2 months later...

I think the Falcons may have worn this combo twice ever

pocket.jpg

Those black pants were terrific, and looked especially great with the white shirt. I wish they'd bring them back.

EDIT: Not sure this exactly qualifies for the thread, but remember when the Cardinals wore all-red in their old set for a bit? That sure looked dumb:

emmitt20n-2-web.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Two years before their move to the NFC (and getting new uniforms); the Seahawks (in the 1980s-era set) met the St. Louis Rams (year one of the 'modern' set). I have yet to find a pic of this.

aZCQbv2.jpg

4Jnxwmc.jpg

Also odd about this matchup, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that the Rams are using regular block numbers, when they ended up using a different typeface a year later. Furthermore, the Seahawks are the home team here, playing outdoors at Husky Stadium. Here's a link to the Getty page with a few more Seahawks/Rams photos.

• Like 1

qvAvG.jpg

First year of those Bills uniforms, last year of those Lions uniforms

Good one! That's the second biggest "wow" moment for me on this thread after pewter Bucs vs. old Jets.

PS: How good do the Lions look here? So very, very good.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Two years before their move to the NFC (and getting new uniforms); the Seahawks (in the 1980s-era set) met the St. Louis Rams (year one of the 'modern' set). I have yet to find a pic of this.

aZCQbv2.jpg

4Jnxwmc.jpg

Also odd about this matchup, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that the Rams are using regular block numbers, when they ended up using a different typeface a year later. Furthermore, the Seahawks are the home team here, playing outdoors at Husky Stadium. Here's a link to the Getty page with a few more Seahawks/Rams photos.

I'm not sure what i miss most...those old Seahawks sets, that particular iteration of the Rams' sets (and at any rate the gold pants in general)...or the days before exclusive apparel/uniform contracts and the subsequent proprietary templating/fabric epidemic.

(Coincidentally, both those sets were produced by Puma that year. Funny little coincidence.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||